The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 14, 2019, 09:51:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 77210 times)
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #325 on: August 30, 2014, 10:36:13 am »

Congratulations on the arrival of your grandchild

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #326 on: August 30, 2014, 11:22:54 am »

Congratulations on the arrival of your grandchild
Thanks Aubreay.

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #327 on: August 30, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »

Don't think we'll be going to Birmingham today, our first grandchild has arrived.
Many congratulations - I hope mother and child are doing well.

Yours,
Miranda.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #328 on: August 30, 2014, 05:13:28 pm »

Don't think we'll be going to Birmingham today, our first grandchild has arrived.

Congratulations! Cheesy

Medicate with tea ❤️
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #329 on: August 30, 2014, 08:11:59 pm »

Thank you Miranda and Madame T.
Esme Moore
Snr. Officer

Navigatrix, Combat Horticulturist (Cadet), Poet.

« Reply #330 on: August 31, 2014, 09:03:41 am »

Congratulations, Kevin and Pat! (And the new Mum and Dad, too!)

Esme xx
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #331 on: September 01, 2014, 08:37:31 pm »

Don't forget Wednesday (3/9/14) Convivial at The Lamp Tavern Dudley 7.00pm.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2014, 08:44:32 pm »

So long as you have photos and we can wet the babies head:)
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2014, 07:09:50 am »

So long as you have photos and we can wet the babies head:)
Undoubtedly!
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2014, 08:34:28 pm »

Anyone who isn't going to the Asylum next week would be welcome to join us at Witley Court for perambulating, picnicking, photoing, etc,
Saturday 13th September.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #335 on: September 03, 2014, 12:40:17 am »

Anyone who isn't going to the Asylum next week would be welcome to join us at Witley Court for perambulating, picnicking, photoing, etc,
Saturday 13th September.

I hope to attend but my best friend is currently trying to rope me into a zombie walk on the same day (what does she think I am, the League of STEAM? Wink) so I don't quite know yet
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #336 on: September 04, 2014, 01:11:25 am »

An idea I have been toying with for a while is to organise a steampunk themed live action role play game or 'larp' here in the mindlnds and I would like to know if anybody would be interested before I start the wheels turning in organising it.
If you are not interested in actually playing a character in the game, we will need volunteer staffers to play small roles in the story and help in the organising and setup, and things like that. We will probably also need people to run weapons checks, props etc before the game.
Hopefully it will not be as expensive as other larps, but there may have to be small fees involved to fund things such as a location, props/decor and in-character food and drink.
Also, any suggestions for a location would be fantastic Smiley

Let me know if you fancy it! Just idea stages at the moment, solid plans will come if I get some interest in it. Smiley

Love and tea,
Madam T
Steamed_Up_Scholar
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #337 on: September 04, 2014, 04:08:57 pm »

An idea I have been toying with for a while is to organise a steampunk themed live action role play game or 'larp' here in the mindlnds and I would like to know if anybody would be interested before I start the wheels turning in organising it.
If you are not interested in actually playing a character in the game, we will need volunteer staffers to play small roles in the story and help in the organising and setup, and things like that. We will probably also need people to run weapons checks, props etc before the game.
Hopefully it will not be as expensive as other larps, but there may have to be small fees involved to fund things such as a location, props/decor and in-character food and drink.
Also, any suggestions for a location would be fantastic Smiley

Let me know if you fancy it! Just idea stages at the moment, solid plans will come if I get some interest in it. Smiley

Love and tea,
Madam T

Simply fascinating, if it is at all possible I would love to offer my limited knowledge on the topic. Curiously enough I tried my hand at writing a very basic system for such an endeavour in the past couple months, however it failed to come to anything. I’d be happy to share what I researched; as I looked up the generally accepted rules for safety when it comes to weapons in UK and USA LARPing (The British are against the thrusting weapon it seems).

We may all be Steampunks, but I prefer to call myself a Phantasmagorical Dandy.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #338 on: September 04, 2014, 04:38:41 pm »

I may be available to offer assistance in a general sort of way.
Steamed_Up_Scholar
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #339 on: September 04, 2014, 04:48:34 pm »

Ok then I propose,
Saturday 27th September
10am Dudley, bus on to Brierley Hill, then onto Stourbridge and finally onto Halesowen. I'll contact dancers and let them know if any old stock they want rid of to get them ready. I'll hold off till Monday  and if no one objects begin preparation.

Start saving your pennies!!

I am afraid to say I will be unable to attend this day, however I am certain that a companion of mine by the name of Vincent should be able to attend. I fear though his studies are as macarbe as mine were literary, so forgive his... unusual attire and mannerisms, he means well.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #340 on: September 04, 2014, 06:26:05 pm »

Simply fascinating, if it is at all possible I would love to offer my limited knowledge on the topic. Curiously enough I tried my hand at writing a very basic system for such an endeavour in the past couple months, however it failed to come to anything. I’d be happy to share what I researched; as I looked up the generally accepted rules for safety when it comes to weapons in UK and USA LARPing (The British are against the thrusting weapon it seems).

Ah fantastic Smiley I've been doing more research myself recently, perhaps we can compare notes at a meet some time? I am yet to work out a system for the game so anything you might be able to share would be very much appreciated Smiley
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #341 on: September 05, 2014, 10:50:09 am »

Steamed_Up_Scholar as long as he doesn't bite...
Steamed_Up_Scholar
Deck Hand
England England

« Reply #342 on: September 05, 2014, 12:04:35 pm »

Sir I can assure you the only thing my companion will be nibbling on is a Macaron (Or equally sweet confection). However I should warn you that if you feel a slight prick at any point, do not be alarmed. He'll have just taken a sample to evaluate you as a specimen for his experimentation. I'm sure however he will be on his best behaviour.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #343 on: September 05, 2014, 06:56:17 pm »

Sir I can assure you the only thing my companion will be nibbling on is a Macaron (Or equally sweet confection). However I should warn you that if you feel a slight prick at any point, do not be alarmed. He'll have just taken a sample to evaluate you as a specimen for his experimentation. I'm sure however he will be on his best behaviour.
Hmm, we're thinking about having a Frankenstein lab as our Halloween display this year (with a creature that will sit up when the little trick or treaters come near); perhaps we should swap notes?  Wink

Yours,
Miranda.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #344 on: September 08, 2014, 11:45:40 pm »

To wet appetites for the charity shop run, here are a couple of things we picked up this Saturday in Stourbridge for a couple of pounds each:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I though they would make fancy watch & compass chains, as in:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:21:18 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #345 on: September 09, 2014, 01:40:53 pm »

Very nice.
Lucius Baxter
Officer
England England

Where there is no imagination there is no horror

« Reply #346 on: September 09, 2014, 08:51:26 pm »

Dear Madame Takara
I should and shall be interested in your larp. Anything steampunk combined with live action stories floats my steamship. I shall certainly be able to attend the charity shop event... 10:00 at dudley bus station?
I wonder if we shall be "allowed" to dress they way we do. I certainly will! Maybe even with my walking stick.

2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2014, 10:50:45 am »

I was thinking that we could meet opposite the bus station outside Farmfoods.
The reason for this is that its under cover, away from the hustle and bustle of the busy bus station and there is also an antique/knick knack shop there which we could peruse whilst waiting for attendees to, well attend.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2014, 10:52:42 am »

Also whilst I think about it a bump to remind people that this coming wednsday will be the Ma Pardoes meet should anyone wish to attend. good company and a relaxed atmosphere guarenteed provided we don't get raided by sky pirates!!
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2014, 11:17:12 am »

Ok lovely peoples,

Just been into Dancers and prewarned them that we will be coming down en masse at the end of the month and should they have any sale stock they should put it out then. However they have come up with a better idea namely let me know jacket/trouser/shirt sizes and they will get the stock of that size just for us that day. So rather than publicicse your stats please direct message me and I will pass it on to dancers andget them to look for those sizes accordingly
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: