The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 06, 2019, 02:42:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 77075 times)
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2014, 06:19:05 pm »

Thanks everyone for coming today. It wasn't the greatest weather but we made the best of it anyway.

see you next week

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #301 on: August 23, 2014, 06:55:13 pm »

That was a fantastic meet despite the weather! It was lovely to see everybody again and meet a few new chaps and chapettes! Smiley I will try to come to more meets in the future Smiley

Love and tea,
Madam T

Medicate with tea ❤️
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2014, 03:10:14 pm »

I'm considering spiting the weather forecast and going to Bridgnorth on the steam train tomorrow.  My general plan is to take the 10.30 train to Bridgnorth- anybody want to come along?

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2014, 12:03:40 am »

I'm considering spiting the weather forecast and going to Bridgnorth on the steam train tomorrow.  My general plan is to take the 10.30 train to Bridgnorth- anybody want to come along?

Would if I could! I just had another letter of decline so I have to go job hunting once more instead Sad 
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2014, 09:02:14 am »

Thanks everyone for coming today. It wasn't the greatest weather but we made the best of it anyway.

see you next week
T'was bona indeed.

Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2014, 08:44:05 pm »

Smiley shame the weather was nante bona, but was fantabulosa to vada the dolly old eeks as well as some new ones
Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2014, 11:49:39 am »

Smiley shame the weather was nante bona, but was fantabulosa to vada the dolly old eeks as well as some new ones

You're babbling man, go and have a sit down with a cuppa and some cake...talking of cake, there was a prolific amount of it available at the Botanical Gardens, which is never bad in my book and personally I had a great time, the Bonsai were my favorite, tree not cake and I  look forward to returning on a sunnier day.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2014, 04:14:41 pm »

So Mr Fallowfield, what about this charity shop trawl?
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2014, 07:02:56 pm »

So Mr Fallowfield, what about this charity shop trawl?

I second that! I could do with a new project...
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2014, 09:13:04 pm »

Something for September. Do we fancy a weekday or weekend trip?
Prof. Comberthwaite
Gunner

« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2014, 10:35:18 pm »

Greetings esteemed colleagues!

Apologies for having been absent from the ether for a while - I'm not entirely certain why either, since I have been doing other things. I did attend Tutbury on the Sunday, but I was in semi-civvy mode wearing stripey blazer and panama as I was not entirely sure what to expect and I was also with my mother. I am sorry to have missed the Botanical Gardens since I probably could have made that (albeit the weather was most foul).

I am going to The Asylum for the whole weekend: is anyone else going? I have to say as a first-timer, it is extremely difficult to understand what one's ticket does and does not include and what ancilliary events one has to sign-up to.

In terms of BW&WM sociable activities, most of mid-week is not feasible during term-time for me as I have commitments to various music groups most evenings in the week (that and living in north Shropshire I am around 60 miles from Birmingham - say about 1h 15m by car, M6 and A38 permitting).

Hope to renew acquaintances with all soon. 

Prof. Comberthwaite
Ancient Historian | Archeoastronomer | Ethnochronologist
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2014, 11:32:45 pm »

Dear Mr Fallowfield,
A weekend would be easiest for us, although we would only be coming along for part of the day do please don't let this be any kind of determining factor. However, as mentioned, if on a weekend it could be combined with a visit to the Stourbridge Vintage Fair (next one is on the 13th, so clashes with The Asylum, and the one after that should be a fortnight later). Oh, and - Polari?

Dear Prof. Comberthwaite,
This will be our first Asylum too. If I understand it correctly, we have to swap the tickets for wrist-bands (at the Assembly Rooms?) and this then gives access to the daytime events; I think the evening ones require separate tickets )we haven't booked for any of the evening ones - we are taking the children on the Lincoln ghost walk instead). We enjoyed Tutbury too on the Sunday - sorry we didn't know to say hello!

Yours,
Miranda.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:46:26 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #312 on: August 27, 2014, 06:04:34 am »

Ok then I propose,
Saturday 27th September
10am Dudley, bus on to Brierley Hill, then onto Stourbridge and finally onto Halesowen. I'll contact dancers and let them know if any old stock they want rid of to get them ready. I'll hold off till Monday  and if no one objects begin preparation.

Start saving your pennies!!
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2014, 07:01:58 pm »

looks like the diary is clear for the 27th.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #314 on: August 27, 2014, 07:23:54 pm »

Ok then I propose,
Saturday 27th September
10am Dudley, bus on to Brierley Hill, then onto Stourbridge and finally onto Halesowen. I'll contact dancers and let them know if any old stock they want rid of to get them ready. I'll hold off till Monday  and if no one objects begin preparation.

Sounds fine to me! Smiley I look forward to it!

By the way, if any crafter's in the group fancy giving me a hand, I need all the advice I can get:
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43675.msg912541.html#msg912541
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #315 on: August 27, 2014, 11:41:38 pm »

Ok then I propose,
Saturday 27th September

Should be fine for us. Could you please give us a rough e.t.a. for the Stourbidge leg once plans are a little firmer?

Thanks,
Miranda.
Prof. Comberthwaite
Gunner

« Reply #316 on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:06 pm »

If I go to this, I'll have to drive anyway. I have orchestra rehearsals on Saturday mornings, so an indicative timetable would be helpful. If so, I hope to be able to make a part of the event.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #317 on: August 28, 2014, 11:20:41 pm »

Ok then here's my proposal

Meet in Dudley for 10. There's about a dozen or so charity shops/curios.
Onto Brierley Hill say half 11. There's not that many charity shops but they are cheap and they are close to each other.
Onto Stourbridge for the vintage market as described by Miranda. T for 12/half 12
Then onto Halesowen for 2 not sure about charity shop but I'll see if Dancers have any sale stock. If they don't then we can scrap Halesowen and spend a bit longer in Stourbridge.

I'll check out bus prices as it will be easier and cheaper than finding parking spaces.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2014, 09:01:46 am »

There's something like 10 charity shops in Halesowen.
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2014, 09:54:08 am »

This looks like a photo opportunity not to be missed, who will be dressed for the occasion ?

... I'm gonna pop some tags  only got 20 quid in my pocket....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:53:46 pm by Never mind the Cogs » Logged

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2014, 10:56:12 am »

This looks like a photo opportunity not to be missed, who will be dressed for the occasion ?

I am always dressed for the occasion! Wink
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »

I don't see why one shouldn't go dressed if one wishes.

I will if you will Smiley
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2014, 02:58:28 pm »

By the way anyone going by bus from Dudley on Saturday for the Rowland Emett exhibition? Meet at half 9 in the bus station if you are.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2014, 11:54:05 pm »

Ok then here's my proposal

Meet in Dudley for 10. There's about a dozen or so charity shops/curios.
Onto Brierley Hill say half 11. There's not that many charity shops but they are cheap and they are close to each other.
Onto Stourbridge for the vintage market as described by Miranda. T for 12/half 12
Then onto Halesowen for 2 not sure about charity shop but I'll see if Dancers have any sale stock. If they don't then we can scrap Halesowen and spend a bit longer in Stourbridge.

I'll check out bus prices as it will be easier and cheaper than finding parking spaces.
I checked on the Vintage Fair's FB site and it was just showing the one for the 13th, but earlier in the year they were running every fortnight, so hopefully it will be the same for the end of September.

I'm afraid I will be taking the coward's way out in terms of dressing, but at least with others being more adventurous we should be able to spot the group once it 'lands' in Stourbridge!

Yours,
Miranda.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #324 on: August 30, 2014, 07:35:44 am »

Don't think we'll be going to Birmingham today, our first grandchild has arrived.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: