The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 20, 2019, 12:28:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 76475 times)
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2014, 09:04:47 am »

Dear Mr Cooper (& Mr Fallowfield),
That sounds to be an excellent idea.

Dear Madam Takara,
I'm looking forward to seeing those wings!

Yours,
Miranda.
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2014, 10:31:55 pm »

I like the idea of more regular meetings to, 7-9 would be good due to travel distances, or, sat afternoons if nothing else is happening......!

monthly would be about right, fortnightly if your mad keen.....
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:33:38 pm by Never mind the Cogs » Logged

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

Lady Aveline Tamara Claudia Read III... or Madam T

« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2014, 10:41:23 pm »

I like the idea of more regular meetings to, 7-9 would be good due to travel distances, or, sat afternoons if nothing else is happening......!

monthly would be about right, fortnightly if your mad keen.....

As far as times go, I have to agree. Evenings or Saturdays would be perfect for me because I have a busy college year ahead of me!

Medicate with tea ♥

......don't piss me off.....or I shall put you in my next book.....
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2014, 09:26:49 am »

A friend suggests Ma Pardoes in Netherton. Not only for the decor and the fact that even fully dressed we wouldn't stand out from the landlord but also because the place is comfortable and friendly

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2014, 10:27:02 am »

someone suggested The Lamp Tavern. As far as regularity people will turn up when they can.

Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2014, 02:31:21 pm »

This is an excellent idea chaps, I've a busy evening schedule being a full time geek but I'd try to make it at least monthly.
Also the point of it being casual non-steampunk attire friendly will definitely help.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."
Lucius Baxter
Officer
England England

Where there is no imagination there is no horror

« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2014, 04:23:49 pm »

We could do both, Ma Pardoe's and the Lamp Tavern. Just alternate between them. I haven't a clue where the Lamp is however... HA! 
On another note, I never wear "civvies" as such, I'm always in some form of vintage/steampunk/gothic wear anyway... So...

but yes;  monthly, fortnightly, whenever! I'm usually free after work or on days off. The nice thing about getting off of work and going to an event straight away is that I don't really have to get changed. Har har

2nd lieutenant in his majesty's Royal Flying Corps
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2014, 07:15:16 pm »

The Lamp is just out of town, though the address is 116 high street. So is Ma Pardoes accessible to those without transport? We certainly could alternate between the two, Variety is the spice of life!
As I said previously it doesn't really matter if we say weekly or monthly, as long as at least two of us turn up!
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2014, 12:32:20 pm »

I'm reliably informed that the Lamp Tavern serves tea and coffee
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #234 on: July 30, 2014, 01:33:55 pm »

Lucius, the lamp is up past the top of the high street. Think top church then ASDA and just a bit further on.

The buses stop by both for those with out own transport. The lamp being within walking distance of the bus station in Dudley anyway

National Express Travel West Midlands
Bus 243 and X96 for the lamp tavern
Bus 243 and 244 for Ma Pardoes
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2014, 01:43:17 pm »

With regards to the Lamp Tavern, although its address is 116 High Street it might be a bit confusing so think instead the top of Blowers Green road
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2014, 08:02:30 pm »

found the location, BGR, next question being when?
Lucius Baxter
Officer
England England

« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2014, 08:27:35 pm »

Good, good. Yes, the 243 goes past it. I remember seeing it when I used to take that bus in the past.
and the lamp is in Dudley? On top of the hill? Brilliant. Easy access for anyone I suppose.
May I also mention the Jolly Crispin in Upper Gornal? They are a VERY traditional type pub. Two rooms and a bar. They brew their own beer and have lots of brassy bits on the walls. Frequented by Vikings and reenactors, it's just perfect for a small group.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2014, 03:49:07 pm »

OK then, enough planning. Let's say the first meeting at The Lamp Tavern on Wednesday 6/8/14 7.00pm. I'll put it on Facebook too.
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2014, 10:05:10 pm »

See you there
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2014, 11:04:00 pm »

OK then, enough planning. Let's say the first meeting at The Lamp Tavern on Wednesday 6/8/14 7.00pm. I'll put it on Facebook too.
I'm afraid we will have to miss this inaugural meeting, as we are about to set off on our annual family camping holiday (having just come back from visiting relatives down in Dorset - it's a tough life...) One question though - are either of the proposed venus child friendly? It's just that I would like to bring along my eldest (she's 12), as she's the really creative & artistic member of the family (although my youngest is also pretty creative, but at 6 I'd say she's a bit young for these meets).

Yours,
Miranda.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

Lady Aveline Tamara Claudia Read III... or Madam T

« Reply #241 on: August 04, 2014, 12:08:05 am »

I will try my best to make it Smiley
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #242 on: August 04, 2014, 07:03:30 am »

See you there
Looking forward to it.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #243 on: August 04, 2014, 07:05:44 am »

I'm afraid we will have to miss this inaugural meeting, as we are about to set off on our annual family camping holiday (having just come back from visiting relatives down in Dorset - it's a tough life...) One question though - are either of the proposed venus child friendly? It's just that I would like to bring along my eldest (she's 12), as she's the really creative & artistic member of the family (although my youngest is also pretty creative, but at 6 I'd say she's a bit young for these meets).

Yours,
Miranda.

Miranda I'm assuming your talking about the craft group? Those are still to be arranged, this is the first of our proposed socials. If or when we ever get the craft meetings organised I hope your oldest will come along.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:02:16 am by Kevin C Cooper Esq » Logged
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #244 on: August 04, 2014, 07:06:26 am »

I will try my best to make it Smiley
We do hope you can make it Madam T.
Lucius Baxter
Officer
England England

« Reply #245 on: August 04, 2014, 10:45:36 am »

This Wednesday? Golly! right... Where is that red cravat?
I'll have to draw up some schematics for my spaceship design.
Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #246 on: August 05, 2014, 02:32:29 pm »

I'll see you there, I'll only be able to make it monthly as Wednesdays is my usual reenactment evening.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #247 on: August 07, 2014, 09:32:48 am »

Had a great evening at the Lamp Tavern last night. A good turnout. Next meeting at Ma Pardoes (The Swan) in Netherton in two weeks 20th august.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #248 on: August 07, 2014, 09:43:54 am »

I believe I neglected to mention this here on BG. For those not attending the Asylum, a punknic and perambulation at Witley Court Worcestershire.
https://www.facebook.com/events/438416189630536/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #249 on: August 07, 2014, 02:43:02 pm »

Just this minute spoke to Tim the Landlord at the Swan (Ma Pardoes) to confirmn our booking.

He's given us the 'smoking' room which is a self contained little room in the middle of the pub. The place is like a maze so turn up and enquire at the bar. Told him that some of us might be dressed in our finerys and he has no problem and offers us all a warm welcome. In the winter there is a small coal fire in the 'smoking' room so we will be all toasty and warm!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: