The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 16, 2018, 09:20:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 58370 times)
Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1125 on: September 08, 2016, 02:42:47 pm »

Update from Holly

Hey all Smiley not long to go now!
Prices!
There is a discounted ticket price depending on how many of us are going. It's £7 for adults and £4.50 for children normal and £6 adults and £3.50 kids with the discount.
Hope to see you all there!

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

Lady Aveline Tamara Claudia Read III... or Madam T

« Reply #1126 on: September 08, 2016, 05:37:08 pm »

From the FB Event:

Details
Come visit Tamworth Castle, a fantastic and fascinating site, spanning more than 900 years of history!

Picnic after our visit in the beautiful pleasure grounds surrounding the castle.

Meet up outside at 10:30, there is parking and it's a 5 min walk from the bus stop, or a 10 min walk from the train station.

Would love to come but working Saturdays (as usual) hope everyone has a good time Smiley

On a side note it has been a while since we've done a charity shopping spree, has it.not?

Medicate with tea ♥

......don't piss me off.....or I shall put you in my next book.....
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #1127 on: September 08, 2016, 07:11:39 pm »

From the FB Event:

Details
Come visit Tamworth Castle, a fantastic and fascinating site, spanning more than 900 years of history!

Picnic after our visit in the beautiful pleasure grounds surrounding the castle.

Meet up outside at 10:30, there is parking and it's a 5 min walk from the bus stop, or a 10 min walk from the train station.

Would love to come but working Saturdays (as usual) hope everyone has a good time Smiley

On a side note it has been a while since we've done a charity shopping spree, has it.not?
It's well overdue. So much to do, so little time.

SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #1128 on: September 08, 2016, 09:38:16 pm »

Who here would be interested in a WMSA event on Saturday 26th November, to coincide with the Worcester Victorian Christmas Fair? It has become something of a tradition, with a get-together of some sort happening since 2008, making it one of the longest-established regional meets.
There is the germ of an idea about hiring a hall in Worcester city centre, and having a market during the day and a knees-up in the evening. That way, we have "Steampunk Central" where our kind can congregate, have a meal together when all other venues are heaving, and generally celebrate all things Steampunk.

This would take time and effort to make happen, and we'd have to be confident that it would be well-supported enough to make back the costs of venue hire etc.

So... who's in? I understand others already have commitments that weekend, but our ranks have swelled and I don't think we've had a formal, evening get-together for a couple of years.

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1129 on: September 10, 2016, 07:20:54 am »

Isn't it the Crewe convivial on the same day?

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1130 on: September 10, 2016, 12:17:52 pm »

All being well we should be along to the Tamworth trip, but we most likely will have a family engagement on the 26th November.

Yours,
Miranda.
Esme Moore
Snr. Officer

Poet and amateur retrophrenologist

« Reply #1131 on: September 10, 2016, 12:32:48 pm »

I'm up for the Victorian Fayre on the 26th. Pennies allowing, might just go to Gret Malvern earlier in the day, then do the Fayre in Worcester in the evening.
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #1132 on: September 11, 2016, 09:26:18 am »

Yes, the Victorian Fair falls on the same weekend as the Crewe event unfortunately- and the Chepstow Steampunk Market.

Right now, I don't think we have sufficient interest in anything really big (hiring venue & evening entertainment) but We'll have to have a get-together in some form.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 08:58:51 pm by SteamBlast Mary » Logged
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1133 on: September 11, 2016, 03:59:58 pm »

Yes, the Victorian Fair falls on the same weekend as the Crewe event unfortunately- and the Chepstow Steampunk Market.

Right now, I don't think we have sufficient interest in anything really bog (hiring venue & evening entertainment) but We'll have to have a get-together in some form.

[Snide comment] As we have, year on year, since well before Crewe or Chepstow. [/snide comment]

If we were to go in for the cries of 'it's the same weekend as x/y/z', I think you will find we were going to Worcester on that weekend long before the Crewe and Chepstow events became established....

Anyway SBM, looking forward to it.   

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #1134 on: September 11, 2016, 09:02:10 pm »

Now edited to read "really big" instead of "really bog"  Undecided

As a sometime event organiser, you learn that you can't pick a weekend that suits everybody- it's always going to clash with something. And folk in Chepstow (and Crewe, really) can't be expected to know the Worc fair was on/going to be a draw.

Sunday looks like it's going to be the better day, would you be able to make it if it were, James? (transport issues, etc)
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1135 on: September 12, 2016, 05:50:34 pm »

I wasn't aware of Crewe...can I ask what's going on there again?

Also I really want to make it to Worcester this year (having missed the last two or something) so if it were on a Sunday that would make things much easier (Saturday events have become difficult for me recently...)

SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #1136 on: September 12, 2016, 06:36:18 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/438297533028895/photos/a.439043352954313.1073741827.438297533028895/522558144602833/?type=1&theater

Or if you're not a FB user, I think the details for the November event are also on here:

http://www.crewe-steampunk-convivial.co.uk/

I attended (and traded at) the May event and it was excellent. I will also be trading at the Buckinghamshire weekend, run by the same people, and hope to be at the Crewe may 2017 event.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1137 on: September 12, 2016, 07:29:38 pm »

Now edited to read "really big" instead of "really bog"  Undecided

As a sometime event organiser, you learn that you can't pick a weekend that suits everybody- it's always going to clash with something. And folk in Chepstow (and Crewe, really) can't be expected to know the Worc fair was on/going to be a draw.

Sunday looks like it's going to be the better day, would you be able to make it if it were, James? (transport issues, etc)

I should be able to make the Sunday; I won't be able to get to Worcester before around 1PM (Sunday trains...) however I may decide to come down on the Saturday and book a hotel.  (I'm not, at present, very happy/ experienced/ confident driving on motorways and then into busier towns and cities and finding places to park and then worrying all the time that I'll get back to find my car damaged/ stolen/ broken down)....
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #1138 on: September 12, 2016, 09:22:27 pm »

Right, Sunday event it is.

If four of us turn up it will be splendid, we can manoeuvre through the crowds easier, then sit and gossip.

If forty turn up, well, we will have forty splendid people in one place! The possibilities are endless.

Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1139 on: September 18, 2016, 08:56:50 pm »

Wednesdays meeting is at Ma Pardoes in Netherton. don't forget next Saturday is the Tamworth Castle visit.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1140 on: September 18, 2016, 10:19:59 pm »

Wednesdays meeting is at Ma Pardoes in Netherton. don't forget next Saturday is the Tamworth Castle visit.

I'm afraid I won't be present Wednesday either as Work have suddenly decided that I do Wednesday nights now and I'm finishing at 7 Sad
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1141 on: September 19, 2016, 06:27:02 pm »

We should be along on Saturday but please don't wait around for us at the entrance - as per usual by the time we're all ready (well, to be fair, by the time I'm finally ready...) and being as it's a bit of a pull to Tamworth I suspect we will not make the 10:30 meet-up, so we'll catch up with the group inside.

I'm afraid I won't be present Wednesday either as Work have suddenly decided that I do Wednesday nights now and I'm finishing at 7 Sad

Ouch - they are working you too hard!

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 06:28:51 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1142 on: September 19, 2016, 07:45:38 pm »

We should be along on Saturday but please don't wait around for us at the entrance - as per usual by the time we're all ready (well, to be fair, by the time I'm finally ready...) and being as it's a bit of a pull to Tamworth I suspect we will not make the 10:30 meet-up, so we'll catch up with the group inside.

Yours,
Miranda.

Look forward to seeing you.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1143 on: September 22, 2016, 07:47:59 pm »

Hello all!

Just to give you a heads up, my good friend Tara (whom some of you may have met at my book launch for Dead Night) is doing her final year photojournalism project on steampunk. She asked me if she could come along on some of pur exploits, take some photographs and generally hang out, so I told her I'd bring her along to some events. If you wouldn't mind her taking some photographs, that would be awesome, but no pressure if you don't like being on the other side of a camera Smiley I'll let her explain for herself but it sounds as if she wants to do some event photos and if anybody is up for being a willing victim-I mean model, she might be after some individual photo shoots as well (going by what she told me anyway).
She's one of us by the way ;p

Also I know it's a bit early, but the above in consideration (and the fact that id have to book holiday x.x) are we doing Steampunks in Space this year? Id really like to come along for a change but I'll have to plan it

Thank you

Love and tea
Madam T
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1144 on: September 22, 2016, 08:15:19 pm »

Hello all!

Just to give you a heads up, my good friend Tara (whom some of you may have met at my book launch for Dead Night) is doing her final year photojournalism project on steampunk. She asked me if she could come along on some of pur exploits, take some photographs and generally hang out, so I told her I'd bring her along to some events. If you wouldn't mind her taking some photographs, that would be awesome, but no pressure if you don't like being on the other side of a camera Smiley I'll let her explain for herself but it sounds as if she wants to do some event photos and if anybody is up for being a willing victim-I mean model, she might be after some individual photo shoots as well (going by what she told me anyway).

Also I know it's a bit early, but the above in consideration (and the fact that id have to book holiday x.x) are we doing Steampunks in Space this year? Id really like to come along for a change but I'll have to plan it

Thank you

Love and tea
Madam T
Better than uninvited photographers who don't ask permission or engage in any way. So that's a yes. I'm trading at Steampunks in Space, others are also heading that way.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1145 on: September 22, 2016, 08:56:54 pm »

Hello all!

Thank you

Love and tea
Madam T
Better than uninvited photographers who don't ask permission or engage in any way. So that's a yes. I'm trading at Steampunks in Space, others are also heading that way.

I sense the voice of experience there! Nah Tara is great, we've been friends for years and I think she's as interested in hanging out with the community as she is in getting pictures so ^.^

Ah great! We'll definately try to come along, any idea what day?
AstorKaine
Officer

Officer Commanding, Martian Expeditionary Force

« Reply #1146 on: September 22, 2016, 09:16:37 pm »

Hmm, must agree re 'Togs' after some unfortunate encounters with a few at Asylum; I suppose we were fortunate at the Botanical Gardens that the ones we encountered there were rather courteous. Smiley

And I'll be at Steampunks in Space, both on the Friday evening for the showing of First Men in the Moon, and also on the Saturday (and will also be at the evening gig with Mr. B and 'The Men'). I'm hoping to show off my Space Helmet, but progress on that has stalled now the new academic year is looming.  Undecided
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1147 on: September 22, 2016, 09:33:40 pm »

Hmm, must agree re 'Togs' after some unfortunate encounters with a few at Asylum; I suppose we were fortunate at the Botanical Gardens that the ones we encountered there were rather courteous. Smiley

And I'll be at Steampunks in Space, both on the Friday evening for the showing of First Men in the Moon, and also on the Saturday (and will also be at the evening gig with Mr. B and 'The Men'). I'm hoping to show off my Space Helmet, but progress on that has stalled now the new academic year is looming.  Undecided

Oh dear :/ I wasn't at Asylum, but sometimes I must admit 'outsider" photographers can occasionally be a bit...much, though I've honestly been mostly lucky bar a few examples. When I was at Insomnia the other week, there was a great panel on respectful costume photography....it was from a cosplay standpoint but a lot of it really goes for steampunk too.

Splendid! Hopefully I can stay for the evening gig, but I think it depends how we get there and whatnot. Sounds splendid! Good luck with the space helmet!  (goodness knows, I should probably finish my TARDIS dress...)
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1148 on: September 23, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »

We could do either the Saturday or Sunday for Steampunks in Space - whatever works for the group. It's quite good they've moved it forwards in the month - it means we can get in for free on last year's annual pass  Cheesy.

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:32:09 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1149 on: September 23, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »

Sigh... our car won't start. It's just a flat battery, but we've tried putting the charger on it and found it's refusing to hold a charge. So tomorrow, instead of a nice day at Tamworth Castle, we'll be having to purchase a new lead-acid accumulator. Sorry to cry off yet again. We hope everyone has a good time tomorrow; we'll be thinking of you.

Yours,
Miranda.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: