The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 17, 2019, 06:36:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 76208 times)
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #1075 on: July 15, 2016, 11:38:57 am »

Apologies chaps I've been a bit preoccupied

Meeting point is the square behind the rose villa tavern. Well meet at 10 and take morning tea whilst waiting for the group to assemble. Perusal of nearby shops forthwith and then off to the pen museum which opens at 11. That is very small and £1 entry. Thereafter perambulation down Vyse street to the graveyard and wander round the outside of the catacombs. Then lunch. After lunch aim to be at museum of the jewellery quarter for 1pm entry is £5 group rate for basic entry. Special offer of £10 includes guided tour at 1.15 guide book and free tea in cafe.

Anyone else getting the bus from Dudley/knows the directions?
We shall most likely be meeting Mr Fallowfield in Dudley to catch the omnibus as I've had to shoot our car.

Oh dear!
Do you mind me tagging along if you're getting the bus then? I'm not as familiar with this part of Birmingham and I got lost last time that happened xD
You're more than welcome to join us.

Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

Lady Aveline Tamara Claudia Read III... or Madam T

« Reply #1076 on: July 15, 2016, 09:43:35 pm »

Apologies chaps I've been a bit preoccupied

Meeting point is the square behind the rose villa tavern. Well meet at 10 and take morning tea whilst waiting for the group to assemble. Perusal of nearby shops forthwith and then off to the pen museum which opens at 11. That is very small and £1 entry. Thereafter perambulation down Vyse street to the graveyard and wander round the outside of the catacombs. Then lunch. After lunch aim to be at museum of the jewellery quarter for 1pm entry is £5 group rate for basic entry. Special offer of £10 includes guided tour at 1.15 guide book and free tea in cafe.

Anyone else getting the bus from Dudley/knows the directions?
We shall most likely be meeting Mr Fallowfield in Dudley to catch the omnibus as I've had to shoot our car.

Oh dear!
Do you mind me tagging along if you're getting the bus then? I'm not as familiar with this part of Birmingham and I got lost last time that happened xD
You're more than welcome to join us.

Yay, thank you. Any idea what time you lot are meeting in Dudley then?

Medicate with tea ♥

......don't piss me off.....or I shall put you in my next book.....
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1077 on: July 15, 2016, 10:56:18 pm »

9. 15/9. 30

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1078 on: July 15, 2016, 11:02:25 pm »

Unfortunately it seems we will not be able to come along tomorrow - sorry. However, on the subject of transport, wouldn't the best bet be by train up to the Jewelry Quarter station? From Dudley Port to Smethwick Galton Bridge and then transfer to the Snow Hill line.

Yours,
Miranda.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1079 on: July 15, 2016, 11:07:58 pm »

9. 15/9. 30

Splendid, see you there ^.^
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1080 on: July 16, 2016, 12:39:46 am »

Ill just sort of hang about in the bus station....though it's hard to miss a giant green Victorian puffball. Wink
AstorKaine
Officer

Officer Commanding, Martian Expeditionary Force

« Reply #1081 on: July 16, 2016, 05:49:43 pm »

Thank you all for a lovely day - it was great to see everyone who did come - apologies for disappearing at the Jewellery Museum without a proper farewell. I wasn't feeling very well (I think it was the heat) and needed to get home.

Looking forward to the next outing. I know I asked this previously, and was meaning to earlier today before I took ill - was anyone considering heading to Aston Hall's Victorian Day next weekend? It looks like it could be a bit of fun!
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1082 on: July 16, 2016, 11:45:34 pm »

(snip)

Looking forward to the next outing. I know I asked this previously, and was meaning to earlier today before I took ill - was anyone considering heading to Aston Hall's Victorian Day next weekend? It looks like it could be a bit of fun!

I had a quick gander at the web-site and it does look good; unfortunately we are busy next weekend too  Sad

Yours,
Miranda.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1083 on: July 17, 2016, 10:39:50 pm »

Following a conversation had at the event yeterday, I have just introduced my other half to nerf gun warfare, he has come to the dark side. Long live steampunk.

Methinks some friendly competition may be in order in the foreseeable future? Wink
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1084 on: July 18, 2016, 01:12:43 pm »

Following a conversation had at the event yeterday, I have just introduced my other half to nerf gun warfare, he has come to the dark side. Long live steampunk.

Methinks some friendly competition may be in order in the foreseeable future? Wink

Yes I want to have a nerf duel or two at the Botanical Gardens on the 20th August 11 am onwards
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1085 on: July 18, 2016, 02:48:49 pm »

Yes I want to have a nerf duel or two at the Botanical Gardens on the 20th August 11 am onwards

We aim to be there and armed to the teeth.

........I may have created a monster.
AstorKaine
Officer

« Reply #1086 on: July 19, 2016, 04:52:04 pm »

We aim to be there and armed to the teeth.

........I may have created a monster.

Hmm, I've a feeling that some sort of body armour may be required, even for non-combatants...  Tongue
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1087 on: July 19, 2016, 05:22:26 pm »

Reinforce those parasols
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1088 on: July 20, 2016, 08:03:38 pm »

There's also plenty of room at Ma Pardoes.
Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #1089 on: July 21, 2016, 09:31:44 am »

There's also plenty of room at Ma Pardoes.

I knocked up some duelling rules for Nerf Jolts a couple of years back, they're a little more involved using paper cartridges for the ammo.
I could provide the weapons and get a few cartridges knocked up for the next Ma Pardoes if anyone fancies it?

Rules here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcxoh9earq9tla9/Code%20Duello%20per%20Nerf%20Jolt.pdf?dl=0

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1090 on: July 21, 2016, 11:09:10 am »

Go on then.
AstorKaine
Officer

« Reply #1091 on: July 24, 2016, 10:56:25 pm »

Aston Hall's Victorian Day yesterday was fun, if seemingly sparsely attended (although, in fairness, I arrived later than originally planned). The 'Palace of Curiosities' was very fun - I was honoured to stand in as their special guest, James Watt, to turn on their 'Eternal Sunlight', the latest invention of Mr. Thomas Edison of America. Missed a trick in not donning my goggles when flicking the switch, however!

Unfortunately I didn't take any photographs (though, as the only Steampunk there, I may have featured in a few!), but my friends (who, as non-SP folks, were very good at humouring me throughout the day) were kind enough to take a picture of me meeting the Queen. Bizarrely, or perhaps due to the extreme heat, she talked mostly about Ice Cream, of all things!

James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1092 on: August 01, 2016, 05:04:05 pm »

I've just had an email from the people behind The Shakespeare Express; Flying Scotsman will be appearing at Tyseley Locomotive Works, Birmingham, as part of Birmingham Heritage Week between 16 and 18 September.  

http://www.vintagetrains.co.uk/flying-scotsman-pullman-dining-experience/

Tickets cost £15 and have to be pre-booked.  If you actually want to get on the engine, that's another £10... if anybody wants to make a day of it I'll happily join but I have to confess I'm not overjoyed about the ticket prices.... it is starting to feel like they've turned it into a money-making exercise.  (I'll just point out that when it is not on loan to other railways, it can be seen for FREE in York). 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:07:43 pm by James Harrison » Logged

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1093 on: August 05, 2016, 07:56:21 pm »

August 20th is the Third annual Birmingham botanical Gardens Perambulation and Punknic. 11.00am meeting.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1750896145149562/

James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1094 on: August 06, 2016, 10:07:52 am »

August 20th is the Third annual Birmingham botanical Gardens Perambulation and Punknic. 11.00am meeting.

Looking forward!
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1095 on: August 08, 2016, 12:23:27 pm »

That's the day after we get back from our camping trip - hopefully we'll be along but I imagine we'll be joining up later in the day as it's probably going to be a bit of a lie in on the morning (we tend to make the most of the last day and hit the road for home quite late on).

Yours,
Miranda.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1096 on: August 08, 2016, 12:59:02 pm »

The Third annual Birmingham botanical Gardens Perambulation and Punknic

August 20th

11.00am

Car park

Birmingham Botanical Gardens
Westbourne road
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 3TR

Price £6 entry. (please have the exact amount as they require us to pay in one block and I can't be carrying change for rich people with tenners)

Bring a picnic to enjoy and share with others if you so wish. I will be making nom noms as always and look forward to seeing what delights others will make  Grin
AstorKaine
Officer

« Reply #1097 on: August 08, 2016, 04:37:34 pm »

Greatly looking forward to it! Hopefully, this time, I will be able to prevail on some of my fellow Warwickshire exiles to come along and join in the fun. And with this, the Phoenix festival this coming weekend, and then Asylum the following weekend, August is looking rather 'Steamy' indeed!

Also, it's my Birthday the day after so I will do my best to bring some cake. Smiley
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1098 on: August 10, 2016, 05:58:32 am »

The Third annual Birmingham botanical Gardens Perambulation and Punknic

August 20th

11.00am

Car park

Birmingham Botanical Gardens
Westbourne road
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 3TR

Price £6 entry. (please have the exact amount as they require us to pay in one block and I can't be carrying change for rich people with tenners)

Bring a picnic to enjoy and share with others if you so wish. I will be making nom noms as always and look forward to seeing what delights others will make  Grin

Ah, it's that time of year again! I can't wait. I may even assassin up for the occasion depending how the sun shines Wink I shall raid the Guild kitchens for something that has survived Emma Bennett's disastrous culinary exploits, though....just don't ask me what the ingredients were. (Fret not, she has now been banned from the kitchen)

Speaking of assassin, is anybody going to Worcester comic con that Sunday as well? I should be along but I shall not look like Madam Takara at all! I shall look like Evie Frye...unstoppable Victorian Master Assassin!

It is six o'clock so I am sure that I am more stark raving mad than usual. Apologies if this is the case. Wibble.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1099 on: August 10, 2016, 01:19:22 pm »

Greatly looking forward to it! Hopefully, this time, I will be able to prevail on some of my fellow Warwickshire exiles to come along and join in the fun. And with this, the Phoenix festival this coming weekend, and then Asylum the following weekend, August is looking rather 'Steamy' indeed!

Also, it's my Birthday the day after so I will do my best to bring some cake. Smiley
Good Man, by all means bring friends.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: