The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 14, 2019, 06:19:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 75928 times)
Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1050 on: June 27, 2016, 09:15:41 am »

Wednesdays meeting is at Ma Pardoes in Netherton. 7.00pm approximately. Feel free to join us, you're more than welcome.

Any one fancy a game of this Wednesday, takes about 90mins?

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."
Flightless Phoenix
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1051 on: June 27, 2016, 10:56:27 am »

I'm back as promised with photos of the Victorian Bizarre event! Sadly I was tied to the tearoom all day and didn't get to take photos of all the well dressed attendees, but here are some photos of the stalls and Victorian reenactors!

Volunteer gardeners getting into the spirit of the day and running a plant stall to raise money for the Mill

Exhibition of Steampunk art by Red Fox Curiosity Workshop

Simon the snakeoil salesman, plying his wares!

Magic Lantern Show!

Jan the schoolmistress, about to discipline some unruly pupils, who have been gossiping over their copybooks!

Jess from UPAN'AT'EMHISTORY

Our millers fired up the oven to bake a range of Victorian treats including real gingerbread.

Taxidermy display showing vintage furs, items from Birmingham Museums collection and modern pieces created by Taxidermy Zoo. Remarkable contrast, not just of method (no arsenic etc) but also of ethics - all modern pieces made with naturally deceased animals and birds.

Our manager Mr Dixon wearing his favourite waistcoat.

I'm on the right with teacup hat of course, Kelly on the left with bird fascinator she made for running the taxidermy stall. Please excuse the poor lighting, this was taken after the event had finished.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:22:52 am by Flightless Phoenix » Logged

cemeteryresearcher.com

'a lighthearted academic blog about funerary practice' - Updates Sundays*

*gremlins permitting
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #1052 on: June 27, 2016, 11:36:50 am »

Thanks for sharing the photos, it's nice to see others enjoying the day in a most splendid way!

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
SeVeNeVeS
Immortal
England England

« Reply #1053 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:24 pm »

Now that looked like a jolly and interesting event, second the thanks for taking time to post pictures. ( don't know why But I love the one of 2 ladies on the plant stall) and I must say everyone looks great.

Flightless Phoenix
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1054 on: June 27, 2016, 04:52:44 pm »

Thanks everyone, it was indeed a very jolly day! We've already started planning for next year's event to make it bigger, better and improve the publicity. I'll post here as soon as I know next year's date.

Glad you like the photo of our gardeners, they are true diamonds the pair of them, we are so lucky to have wonderful volunteers.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1055 on: June 27, 2016, 07:10:36 pm »

25th June and 26th June (very short notice!) and I think also the weekend afterward?- is the 1940s event at the Severn Valley.   

It is next weekend too (always the last weekend in June and the first in July for their 40s event).

I'm back as promised with photos of the Victorian Bizarre event! Sadly I was tied to the tearoom all day and didn't get to take photos of all the well dressed attendees, but here are some photos of the stalls and Victorian reenactors!

(snip)

It does look like it was a wonderful event and thank you so much for the photos (and I must say the teacup fascinator is very cute!) Bigger and better sounds great - hopefully we will be available for the next time.

Yours,
Miranda.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

Lady Aveline Tamara Claudia Read III... or Madam T

« Reply #1056 on: June 30, 2016, 09:22:18 pm »

For any interested, "The Steampunk Gazette" is £6 in the Works in Merry Hill at the moment (and they have many pretty Santoro London "Willow" craft supplies as well. With cogs on.) Just thought I ought to share my discovery Wink

Medicate with tea ♥

......don't piss me off.....or I shall put you in my next book.....
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1057 on: July 01, 2016, 05:38:45 pm »

For any interested, "The Steampunk Gazette" is £6 in the Works in Merry Hill at the moment (and they have many pretty Santoro London "Willow" craft supplies as well. With cogs on.) Just thought I ought to share my discovery Wink

Thanks - next time we're across there I'll have a look for that (although if I'm really lucky it may be in the Stourbridge outlet too).

Yours,
Miranda.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1058 on: July 01, 2016, 05:41:20 pm »

It's the Stourbridge carnival on Sunday (3.7.16), and the 'Vintage Village' will be part of it, so there may be some interesting items to be picked up.

Yours,
Miranda.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1059 on: July 11, 2016, 03:22:47 pm »

July 16th
10.00 pen museum jewellery quarter
Afterwards meander round the outside of the catacombs (sorry they are sealed)
picnic
Museum of the jewellery quarter

Should anyone wish I would be more than happy to show you to some of the jewellery supply shops for craft materials for your projects

WOHOO, I got the day off work so I can come! Cheesy
AstorKaine
Officer

Officer Commanding, Martian Expeditionary Force

« Reply #1060 on: July 11, 2016, 04:34:03 pm »

Hullo, everyone - thought I should introduce myself on here!

I had a great time at Wightwick last month, so am looking forward to more fun at the Pen Museum this coming weekend. I hear they're currently in the throes of a development, however - hopefully that won't impact on us too much!
Never mind the Cogs
Snr. Officer
England England

Chin Chin !

« Reply #1061 on: July 13, 2016, 03:00:59 pm »

The Gazette (along with all other stuff) is available through The Works CLIK N'COLLECT SERVICE, and pick it up at your local shop.
ordered mine today

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing at all would ever get done!
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1062 on: July 13, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »

Cant make the pub tonight due to....stuff, but I'll see everyone on Sat. Anyone know where we're meeting?
AstorKaine
Officer

« Reply #1063 on: July 13, 2016, 07:42:53 pm »

Cant make the pub tonight due to....stuff, but I'll see everyone on Sat. Anyone know where we're meeting?

I believe it's at the Pen Museum itself, for around 10.00AM.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1064 on: July 13, 2016, 08:36:35 pm »

I believe it's at the Pen Museum itself, for around 10.00AM.

Thanks ^.^ I'll have to try to navigate my way there, I don't believe I've ever visited before (though my profession considered, it's definately high time!)
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1065 on: July 14, 2016, 07:18:56 am »

Apologies chaps I've been a bit preoccupied

Meeting point is the square behind the rose villa tavern. Well meet at 10 and take morning tea whilst waiting for the group to assemble. Perusal of nearby shops forthwith and then off to the pen museum which opens at 11. That is very small and £1 entry. Thereafter perambulation down Vyse street to the graveyard and wander round the outside of the catacombs. Then lunch. After lunch aim to be at museum of the jewellery quarter for 1pm entry is £5 group rate for basic entry. Special offer of £10 includes guided tour at 1.15 guide book and free tea in cafe.

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1066 on: July 14, 2016, 09:06:06 am »

Meeting point is the square behind the rose villa tavern. Well meet at 10 and take morning tea whilst waiting for the group to assemble. Perusal of nearby shops forthwith and then off to the pen museum which opens at 11. That is very small and £1 entry. Thereafter perambulation down Vyse street to the graveyard and wander round the outside of the catacombs. Then lunch. After lunch aim to be at museum of the jewellery quarter for 1pm entry is £5 group rate for basic entry. Special offer of £10 includes guided tour at 1.15 guide book and free tea in cafe.

Anyone else getting the bus from Dudley/knows the directions?
AstorKaine
Officer

« Reply #1067 on: July 14, 2016, 09:12:52 am »

Splendid! Many thanks for clearing that up. I'm trying to convince a few of my fellow Warwickshire Steampunks to come along, so will let them know the specifics (I've assured them of the warmest of welcomes). The Rose Villa is the one next to the Clock roundabout at the end of Frederick Street, isn't it?

Coincidentally, and this may be a silly question, but is anyone planning on going to Aston Hall's Victorian day next weekend (The 23rd)?
Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #1068 on: July 14, 2016, 09:57:38 am »

Thanks to everyone that play-tested Airships at Dawn at the Lamp last night, I found it very useful to watch/run a game and to get your feedback, there are a few changes I'd like to make then I hope you're all up for another round of testing.
Again, many thanks.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1069 on: July 14, 2016, 02:03:25 pm »

Thanks to everyone that play-tested Airships at Dawn at the Lamp last night, I found it very useful to watch/run a game and to get your feedback, there are a few changes I'd like to make then I hope you're all up for another round of testing.
Again, many thanks.

The one time I miss a pub meet!
Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #1070 on: July 14, 2016, 04:32:43 pm »

The one time I miss a pub meet!

Dont worry Ma'am T the game is far from finished, there will be more play-test sessions.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1071 on: July 14, 2016, 05:09:30 pm »

Looking forward to it.  I won't be in my pretty red car this time unfortunately as I have an aversion to driving in cities; so I'll be travelling down via good old LateMiserable. 

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1072 on: July 14, 2016, 10:45:22 pm »

Best of British
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #1073 on: July 15, 2016, 09:09:44 am »

We shall most likely be meeting Mr Fallowfield in Dudley to catch the omnibus as I've had to shoot our car.

Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #1074 on: July 15, 2016, 11:11:26 am »

We shall most likely be meeting Mr Fallowfield in Dudley to catch the omnibus as I've had to shoot our car.

Oh dear!
Do you mind me tagging along if you're getting the bus then? I'm not as familiar with this part of Birmingham and I got lost last time that happened xD
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: