The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 16, 2019, 10:37:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham, Worcester & West Mids events  (Read 76204 times)
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1025 on: June 10, 2016, 06:08:39 pm »

Some of you may be aware that I am gainfully employed in the museum world... And so it is with glee that I have come to announce that Sarehole Mill are hosting an event on 26th June entitled Victorian Bizarre which may appeal to some of the folks here, especially those with a penchant for industrial heritage (or who outside of their steampunk interests are fans of JRR Tolkien). I'll sadly be working rather than enjoying but I'm already planning an ensemble featuring a teacup fascinator for my day in the tea room! If you do come down, please pop in and say hi!

All the details so far are on facebook, and there may well be more announcements in the next few days, so watch that space!

https://facebook.com/events/1626064664382529

Sounds wonderful, but unfortunately my youngest has a party invitation for that day. I hope it all goes well, and please do post piccys if possible.

Yours,
Miranda.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

Asymetry is the bane of my life

« Reply #1026 on: June 10, 2016, 07:37:45 pm »

Next Saturday, the 18th is our visit to Whightwick Manor.

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1027 on: June 11, 2016, 12:04:41 am »

We should be along; isn't the plan is to meet up at 12?

Yours,
Miranda.
Flightless Phoenix
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1028 on: June 11, 2016, 12:46:03 am »

Some of you may be aware that I am gainfully employed in the museum world... And so it is with glee that I have come to announce that Sarehole Mill are hosting an event on 26th June entitled Victorian Bizarre which may appeal to some of the folks here, especially those with a penchant for industrial heritage (or who outside of their steampunk interests are fans of JRR Tolkien). I'll sadly be working rather than enjoying but I'm already planning an ensemble featuring a teacup fascinator for my day in the tea room! If you do come down, please pop in and say hi!

All the details so far are on facebook, and there may well be more announcements in the next few days, so watch that space!

https://facebook.com/events/1626064664382529

Thanks Miranda, I'll certainly post pictures! We are hoping that, if successful, this can become an annual event, so there's always next year!

Sounds wonderful, but unfortunately my youngest has a party invitation for that day. I hope it all goes well, and please do post piccys if possible.

Yours,
Miranda.

cemeteryresearcher.com

'a lighthearted academic blog about funerary practice' - Updates Sundays*

*gremlins permitting
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1029 on: June 11, 2016, 11:45:31 am »

(sip)

Thanks Miranda, I'll certainly post pictures! We are hoping that, if successful, this can become an annual event, so there's always next year!

(snip)

Another reason to wish the event to be a roaring success!

Yours,
Miranda.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1030 on: June 11, 2016, 12:28:38 pm »

I'll be at Wightwick; looking forward to it!

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1031 on: June 11, 2016, 02:53:14 pm »

Yours,
Miranda.
Rendevous at 11.00, for a recce in the tearoom then commence the invasion of the house at 12.00. Or whatever suits you.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1032 on: June 11, 2016, 02:54:34 pm »

I'll be at Wightwick; looking forward to it!

Good, haven't seen you for ages.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1033 on: June 12, 2016, 11:01:58 am »

Yours,
Miranda.
Rendevous at 11.00, for a recce in the tearoom then commence the invasion of the house at 12.00. Or whatever suits you.

Thanks - we'll certainly be aiming to arrive between 11 and 12. Now we just need to work out what to wear. I had been planning something based on the recent high temperatures, but I've just seen the forecast for next week...

Yours,
Miranda.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1034 on: June 12, 2016, 11:35:23 am »

Yours,
Miranda.

Thanks - we'll certainly be aiming to arrive between 11 and 12. Now we just need to work out what to wear. I had been planning something based on the recent high temperatures, but I've just seen the forecast for next week...

Yours,
Miranda.
Interesting to hear that you watch weather forecasts, on another note I'm selling a bridge you may be interested in.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

Lady Aveline Tamara Claudia Read III... or Madam T

« Reply #1035 on: June 12, 2016, 08:19:45 pm »

Not sure I can make it as I work on Saturdays, but I'm so deprived of a good outing that I might try to attend anyway.....

Medicate with tea ♥

......don't piss me off.....or I shall put you in my next book.....
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1036 on: June 12, 2016, 11:24:09 pm »

(snip)

Interesting to hear that you watch weather forecasts, on another note I'm selling a bridge you may be interested in.

Sounds good - I've always wanted one of those with the precariously perched buildings on both sides  Wink

Not sure I can make it as I work on Saturdays, but I'm so deprived of a good outing that I might try to attend anyway.....

It would be lovely to see you again!

Yours,
Miranda.
Madam Takara
Snr. Officer
England England

Lady Aveline Tamara Claudia Read III... or Madam T

« Reply #1037 on: June 16, 2016, 10:21:12 pm »

I hope the weather doesn't spoil Saturday for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:56:27 pm by Madam Takara » Logged
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1038 on: June 18, 2016, 09:28:34 pm »

The weather was fantastic and I'd like to say a huge thank you to all who came THANK YOU

Tis' bona to vada your dolly old eke.
mercian guy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1039 on: June 18, 2016, 10:59:57 pm »

The weather was fantastic and I'd like to say a huge thank you to all who came THANK YOU

Indeed and thank you for organising it! It was very good to see everyone and the manor itself was fascinating. I can see myself going again.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
Carl Sagan
Esme Moore
Snr. Officer

Navigatrix, Combat Horticulturist (Cadet), Poet.

« Reply #1040 on: June 19, 2016, 01:36:14 am »

I'd certainly be interested in going next year sometime! Unfortunately, right now there just arent enough days in the week, and as one of my main weekly roller-derby training sessions tends to be on Saturdays, it makes me getting along to anything at all at weekends tricky for me. I'm just at that stage where I'm no longer wobbly and starting to play the low-impact form of the game, and getting skills ticked off, so it's all about time on skates and repetition to get it into my muscle memory, now. Rest assured I WILL come along to weekend events when I can, but that isnt likely to be often for the rest of this year. :-(  :-}
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1041 on: June 19, 2016, 07:37:55 am »

Come along to whatever you can Esme. You know you're always welcome
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1042 on: June 19, 2016, 10:57:39 am »

We had a lovely time and it was so good the weather played along! Thank you again for organising it Aubreay.

Yours,
Miranda.

P.S. in the brainstorm around upcoming events, I forgot to throw in that there is the Victorian Bizarre at Sarehole Mill next weekend (http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,41782.msg969181.html#msg969181) and the ball at Cogs Bar on the 13th August (http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47841.msg967440.html#msg967440), unfortunately neither of which we can make, but definitely coming under the heading of 'upcoming events'.

P.P.S.

I'd certainly be interested in going next year sometime! Unfortunately, right now there just arent enough days in the week, and as one of my main weekly roller-derby training sessions tends to be on Saturdays, it makes me getting along to anything at all at weekends tricky for me. I'm just at that stage where I'm no longer wobbly and starting to play the low-impact form of the game, and getting skills ticked off, so it's all about time on skates and repetition to get it into my muscle memory, now. Rest assured I WILL come along to weekend events when I can, but that isnt likely to be often for the rest of this year. :-(  :-}

That is impressive!
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1043 on: June 22, 2016, 09:38:41 pm »

July 16th
10.00 pen museum jewellery quarter
Afterwards meander round the outside of the catacombs (sorry they are sealed)
picnic
Museum of the jewellery quarter

Should anyone wish I would be more than happy to show you to some of the jewellery supply shops for craft materials for your projects
Winterbourne Gunner
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #1044 on: June 23, 2016, 09:21:15 am »

Thanks for organising this Aubreay, it was most excellent and I for one would welcome a return visit next year.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #1045 on: June 23, 2016, 05:29:19 pm »

25th June and 26th June (very short notice!) and I think also the weekend afterward?- is the 1940s event at the Severn Valley.   
Aubreay Fallowfield
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1046 on: June 23, 2016, 07:42:38 pm »

Monsieur Gunner, my pleasure.  I have asked them to let me know if they're doing a Christmas event. Apparently the house is all decorated up etc
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1047 on: June 25, 2016, 07:27:44 pm »

Thanks for organising this Aubreay, it was most excellent and I for one would welcome a return visit next year.

Another annual visit for the calendar.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1048 on: June 25, 2016, 07:28:18 pm »

25th June and 26th June (very short notice!) and I think also the weekend afterward?- is the 1940s event at the Severn Valley.   
Otherwise occupied unfortunately.
Kevin C Cooper Esq
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1049 on: June 26, 2016, 07:38:18 pm »

Wednesdays meeting is at Ma Pardoes in Netherton. 7.00pm approximately. Feel free to join us, you're more than welcome.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: