The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2018, 05:56:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wooden orrery for sale  (Read 2443 times)
Mechanism Man
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: November 21, 2013, 11:11:31 pm »

Hello all you inventive steampunk folk,

I don't get to visit here very often, but I just thought that I'd shamelessly share the sale of my first wooden orrery with you all. The original build of this machine I chronicled in these hallowed pages around 5 years ago. The machine was with me for a couple of years after it was finished, and then moved over to the States for a couple of years, before coming back to me at the beginning of this year for a much needed re-build and overhaul. It's now running beautifully again, but in a re-worked and simplified form (no orbiting moon) which means that it will run glitch free for eternity.

It represents several hundred hours of gear cutting, sweat and tears, hence the price, but having built the first one in 2008, around fifteen orreries have followed (some of them with nine planets and much more complication and a much heftier price tag), so this one - although not cheap - is relatively reasonably priced by comparison, and of course it's the prototype!

Anyway, for those interested enough to have a peak, here is the link to the Etsy page where it's up for sale:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/170001324/wooden-six-planet-working-orrery-solar?ref=listing-shop-header-0

Anyhow, good evening all, and thanks for looking.
:-)

Sometimes, I think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has ever tried to contact us...
Calvin and Hobbs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: