The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 04, 2021, 03:16:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making an 1880’s woman’s costume  (Read 16938 times)
VampirateMace
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Mein Hexapod

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 03:17:34 am »

Here we go:

Arabella Periscope
Zeppelin Captain

Edwardian summer

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 05:02:28 am »

It looks great. That tailored style suits you very well, and it can't have been easy to make; I like the narrow skirt, too.  I thought you were going to make a matching skirt, of the same material as the blouse?

If you make more of the blouses, they would look good with jeans too, in another setting.  Wish I could sew; too clumsy!

Kenneth: 'If you're so hot, you can tell me how to say she has ideas above her station.'
Brian:'Oh yes, I forgot. It's fairly easy, old boy.
Elle a des idees au-dessus de sa gare.'
Kenneth: 'Idiot.  It's not that kind of station.'

Terence Rattigan 'French Without Tears.'
VampirateMace
Zeppelin Captain

Mein Hexapod

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 06:22:48 am »

It's hard to tell from this picture, but there's a ruffle of fabric going down the back of the skirt that's the same as the blouse fabric, you can only just see the edge of it.

The skirt is kind of narrow, partially because I didn't scale the bottom as much as the top, but I'm also wearing a small bustle cushion under it, that's pulling it backward. Apparently, the 1890's trailing skirts are just 1880's skirts without bustles.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: