The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 09, 2021, 08:38:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bags for men  (Read 4077 times)
TonsTops
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 10:45:48 pm »

Rather shameless plug I'm in the process of making a range of tubular bags from leather watch this space I'm hoping to have a few at the next Leeds steampunk market or at the very least one for demonstration and more at steampunks in space in Leicester
Steam Titan
Snr. Officer
United States United States

fulgur adducere

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 04:59:51 pm »

if you have any leather working supplies you could always make one to your personal liking. I know myself I want to make one that unfolds to reveal stuff inside of it. Inspired by this lovely piece of work I found on DA.

http://hamrabdg.deviantart.com/art/Medical-kit-bag-detail-156921224
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 10:48:27 am »

Sorry to drag this thread back from the dead, but I stumbled across this Etsy seller and their selection of rather nice looking bags. I'm seriously considering getting one as I could use a good con bag. Any thoughts?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/116397969/handmade15-inch-twin-pocket-leather?ref=listing-shop-header-0

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
SpeedyFrenchy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2014, 01:58:35 pm »

That's incredibly cheap for a leather bag - when I made my own the cost of materials came to about £50.

It's not where you're from, it's wear your hat.

- Mr B
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2014, 01:59:11 pm »

Thanks for that link H.W.!
According to all of the reviews, it looks like a very good product. Might be buying one myself for a present.

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Sludge Van Diesel
Zeppelin Captain
England England

SteampunkDJ.co.uk

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2014, 03:28:46 pm »

I used something like that for school when I was about 8 or so.

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish

www.steampunkdj.co.uk  Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SteampunkDJ & Facebook https://www.facebook.com/steampunkdj
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2014, 11:28:04 pm »

I used something like that for school when I was about 8 or so.

Yeah, it does have the vibe of either a schoolboy bookbag, or a military pouch. Its one of the reasons I really like the two pouch design.

Sorely tempted by this one as well, https://www.etsy.com/listing/103234277/leather-messenger-bag-satchel-vintage?ref=related-6 since its a few inches larger. Trouble is the small pouch in front isn't nearly as useful as the two large ones on the previous link. Such a quandary!
frances
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 07:20:03 pm »

Oh Herbert.  No quandary here.  Make one the way you want it.  You are a maker of goggles, Why not move on to leather things for yourself.  You have the creativity after all - use the two bags as inspiration and then you can have exactly what you want to have.
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 10:23:02 pm »

While I certainly appreciate your confidence in my abilities. I don't think I'm quite that skilled yet. Smiley
SpeedyFrenchy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 10:29:55 pm »

Bags, being little more than a cuboid or set of cubiods, are actually very easy to make. I made my own (shameless link here) and it came out fairly well, despite being my first attempt at leathercraft. Go for it!
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2014, 05:48:17 am »

One needs not too much still with.... A KIT!

I love leather kits. I started on them. All the holes are punched so you really just need patience and free time.
They're very customizable as well.

Vertical Messenger Bag
Horrisantal Messenger Bag
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2014, 02:58:44 am »

The leather bag I mentioned previously arrived safe and sound today, and let me add my compliments to those on the site. It's well made, looks good (even moreso once its been aged a bit) and has the required leathery smell. I couldn't be happier.

Get one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: