The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
February 28, 2017, 09:04:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blog is temporarily offline. See this tweet, follow @brasstech for updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The dusty pelt- a room for steampunks of a furry variety  (Read 7710 times)
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

the dragon's called Salmacis

« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2016, 11:51:13 am »

I GOT SONA ART
(Art by AyGee on the Phoenix Forums)

That need to be sculpted and sold!
 Grin Grin

If only i could sculpt

I could be a Scientologist, just as a hobbyist
and start a cult that's turning people into sheep
~the real Mackenzies
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2016, 12:24:49 am »

Offensive content removed by MWBailey of my own free will. Nobody told me to do this, it was my own choice. I apologize if the post offended anyone.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:54:49 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2016, 09:25:29 am »

Offensive content removed by MWBailey of my own free will. Nobody told me to do this, it was my own choice. I apologize if the post offended anyone.

The pelt isn't a very well visited place, so i doubt if anyone had seen it at all. Wink
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Rogue Ætherlord

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2016, 09:01:07 pm »

I concur with Caledonian. I saw the original post. I didn't see anything offensive, or which would raise eyebrows. Brassgoggles is just not a furry stronghold...

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2016, 12:43:51 pm »

I concur with Caledonian. I saw the original post. I didn't see anything offensive, or which would raise eyebrows. Brassgoggles is just not a furry stronghold...

Definitely isn't. There's me, crazy lee and captain percell. And none of us are that hardcore furries, as far as i know.
Besides, the furries i do know (some of my best friends are furries) are pretty hard to offend anyway.

I'm kinda curious what that original message said now.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:48:35 pm by Caledonian » Logged
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2016, 02:08:57 pm »

I seem to remember back in the distant past a rather unfortunate thread involving some rather derogatory comments regarding "fox hunting" "tally ho" and shotguns. It was not one of the forums finer moments. As I recall the resulting brew ha ha spilt onto several plush forums where forces were gathered accounts were made and the fuzz started to really fly.

The thread was locked, I think the ban hammer might have been thrown around a bit and generally people learned that the subject was a bit of a Tigger trigger and as such was probably best avoided.

Peace has reined ever since.....

Kensington Locke
Officer

« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2016, 07:01:31 pm »

I seem to remember back in the distant past a rather unfortunate thread involving some rather derogatory comments regarding "fox hunting" "tally ho" and shotguns. It was not one of the forums finer moments. As I recall the resulting brew ha ha spilt onto several plush forums where forces were gathered accounts were made and the fuzz started to really fly.

The thread was locked, I think the ban hammer might have been thrown around a bit and generally people learned that the subject was a bit of a Tigger trigger and as such was probably best avoided.

As an outsider (not a furry, just caught my eye as activity on the forum in general), a joke about fox hunting and somebody dressed up like a fox and steampunk does tickle my dark humor funny bone.

But I reckon, in light of that one anti-furry incident that hit the news and other racial stuff along the same line, I can see now, how it could be a sensitive topic.

Good to know.  Remember folks, not everybody knows something is offensive to somebody else, or even has a clue that it would be. Smiley

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2016, 10:01:37 pm »

Ah. I remember being told about that incident...

Furries seem to attract a lot of negative attention anyway.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2016, 04:15:15 am »

I'll kinda-sorta re-post the question then...

Let me say, I don't have anything against furries; I just have serious misgivings about whether or not Brantley could actually be considered "furry," because, well... there's not a single patch of fur on him, for one thing, save for his cranial, facial and body hair in human form (the switching back and forth is somewhat of an issue as well).

Plus, my post, and the original backstory for the character in question, had some rather unsavory elements (for one, the experimental involuntary surgical origin, which could be construed as"torture" in a certain (unintended) light).

I've often thought that Brantley is a kind of "AntiMary Sue,"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
in the same vein as an "antihero,"

Be that as it may, many in the past have seen him as being "the same as" a Mary Sue, so there's that bit of baggage.

The question remains, though: Is it possible that he is a "furry" character, even though he was originally human?

---------------------
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 04:18:41 am by MWBailey » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2016, 07:23:25 am »

Let me say, I don't have anything against furries; I just have serious misgivings about whether or not Brantley could actually be considered "furry," because, well... there's not a single patch of fur on him, for one thing, save for his cranial, facial and body hair in human form (the switching back and forth is somewhat of an issue as well).

Plus, my post, and the original backstory for the character in question, had some rather unsavory elements (for one, the experimental involuntary surgical origin, which could be construed as"torture" in a certain (unintended) light).

Be that as it may, many in the past have seen him as being "the same as" a Mary Sue, so there's that bit of baggage.

The question remains, though: Is it possible that he is a "furry" character, even though he was originally human?

---------------------

You mean something like devolving? Humans who revert to earlier animals? I haven't seen a "mammals only" rule among the very few furries I have seen online. I have a feeling that the definition of furry is equally fuzzy and a bit of a hairy question to tackle (punk intended  Grin).
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2016, 01:27:27 pm »

---------------------

I'd say so. I've actually seen this a lot! (Mostly in fetish art, i must admit. I keep running in that damn transformation fetish)
With how broad the furry fandom can be, i don't see why this character shouldn't be furry. However by lack of fur you might want to refer to them as a scalie. Some non-furred furries prefer that term.

The main question is: do you want people to regard this character as a "furry" character. If no, you shouldn't fuss about it too much, if yes, well, the main thing is you claim it as a furry character.

A nice lad I know by the name of Dr Gravitas has a fursona that's described as a "sapient multiverse" for a species.
Make of that what you will.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2016, 01:34:30 pm »

You mean something like devolving? Humans who revert to earlier animals? I haven't seen a "mammals only" rule among the very few furries I have seen online. I have a feeling that the definition of furry is equally fuzzy and a bit of a hairy question to tackle (punk intended  Grin).
[/quote]

This isn't any less a furry than things with fur are. Wink
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:48:58 pm by Caledonian » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2016, 02:58:51 am »

---------------------

You mean something like devolving? Humans who revert to earlier animals? I haven't seen a "mammals only" rule among the very few furries I have seen online. I have a feeling that the definition of furry is equally fuzzy and a bit of a hairy question to tackle (punk intended  Grin).

I suppose we may have to comb through the tangle and see...
J. Wilhelm
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2016, 05:15:19 am »

---------------------

I suppose we may have to comb through the tangle and see...

Arguably some reptilians could also be considered to be "furry" or rather feathery...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velociraptor#/media/File:Dromaeosaurid_parade_by_durbed.jpg
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: