The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 21, 2019, 06:33:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GAAAAAHHHHH FIVE: RETURN OF THE REVENGE OF THE GAH STRIKES BACK - THE SEQUEL  (Read 104092 times)
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 03:42:36 pm »

Thanks all. Hospital living is such fun.

Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 06:55:59 pm »

Good news. Thanks to a new drug I'm headed home from the hospital.
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 02:49:23 am »

Awesome to hear!!!

Welcome home Smiley.

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2013, 01:03:06 pm »

Welcome home Maets!

My gahr, weather. Of the two days in the week I commute by bicycle, both where rainy. While it was sunny on the other days.  Angry
Yesterday afternoon was the worse. It was pooring! At one point I couldn't see my feet* thru the rain. Due to the wind, I couldn't go over 30km/h. Usually it takes about an hour to come home, yesterday it took almost double.
Riding a bicycle on a regular basis does make you appreciate cars, while on the other hand reminds you of the costs of gasoline. I save about €10 each trip on the bike.

*I ride a recumbent bicycle, so my feet are in front of me. It also explains the speed.

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
DreamHazard
Demoted Temporal Cheat
Steam Aficionado
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2013, 01:42:07 pm »

My web host's under DDoS attack which has been going on since last night, so 1) my best advertising asset is offline, and 2) I can't write any more of my blog, which is ironically about online security.

Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 03:21:49 am »

Back molar, 3/4s out (still hanging in there by a thread/nerve/root) dosing myself with very, very strong painkillers also Clove Oil based gel, oh and strong shot glasses of Scotch!, some relief...but no much!  Cry

At the moment...I just want this damned pain to go away (even if I DO have to pull the bugger out & I don't care about the aftermath,).!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:26:55 am by Mercury Wells » Logged

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 06:09:36 am »

We just experienced another one of those "North Carolina" weather patterns-heatwave (85+ degrees)/massive thunderstorm (with tornadoes), followed the next day by a high of 50, clear and cool.

For most normal folk, that's not an issue.

But for someone with as many broken parts as me?  It wreaks HAVOC on my body.  I can hardly move my arm, my ribcage is on fire, my hip has seized up, my knee keeps giving out...  In a nutshell, I am immobile right now, or in a bit of pain if I move.

Anyway, WELCOME BACK, MAETS!

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 04:28:31 pm »

Car's dead.
Fuel injectors and/or fuel pump.
Cheaper to buy a replacement than get it fixed.
But cheaper don't mean free.

Sphericals!  Sad

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 04:46:47 pm »

That f***ing vicious furball of teeth and claws just ripped my arm to shreds. Little b**tard just attacked me when I took him outside (which he was crying for), guess he didn't want to be picked up, then...
He's punctured an artery in my arm with his claws, only just got the bleeding to stop - he got me good. Blood now leaking under the skin, so I'll have a bit of bruise there, but luckily I don't usually show bruises through my skin for some reason - even big ones.

Arm hurts like hell. More so after I cleaned up and disinfected the area with some alcohol. Now looking for some super glue to seal the deep punctures shut. I now have several good deep scratches that rival the best 'track marks' a heroine addict could muster. Angry

Taking the little f***er to the vet in the morning, getting him scanned for an ID chip, and if non present -  getting him de-bollocked!

SS

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 05:35:47 pm »

Not so much a gah as it is a hilarious annoyance. Got Assassin's Creed: Revelations from a friend and the turkish spoken in it is hilariously bad to the point of annoying me. xD

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »

My brother's wife.

She seems to think she's the only person qualified to give medical advise; it doesn't matter that I've been seen by many, many doctors, and been on more medications in the past two years than she has been in her entire life combined... 

On MONDAY (I think) I got stung by a bee.  Damn stinger was in my arm for hours.  Anyway, I'm allergic (not deathly, if I'm treated fairly well quickly), but can't do an EpiStick.  Epi messes with my heard, causes some SERIOUS (read: killingly so) issues.  So I'm stuck taking huge doses of diphenhydramine and and zaleplon (not normally prescribed together, as they multiply each other's effect).

I also take a muscle relaxer every once in a great while, when the daily pain gets too much to bear (since I'm no longer on my pain pill).

Well, today, she lights up my facebook page not only about THAT, but about BioShock Infinite (which y'all may have seen me post about 'round the forums, and how it's my favorite game in the history of ever), and how "Gross" the game is, and how it "made (her) want to vomit" as she watched it.

Today is also my wife's Birthday.  I shouldn't have to deal with my sister-in-law's BS today.  Yet there it is-all over every post I've made about anything related to the bee sting, or Infinite... 

Needless to say, I'm fairly well pissed right now.
Professor Phineas Brownsm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 10:37:25 pm »

not seeing my most awesome little dude still!!!!

Have only seen him less than twice this year!!!

and i am fed up with being told "you have to go through the courts"....

yes i know i have to, but last time it was a huge waste of time and money!!!!

*sounds of head being banged against the wall many, many, many times.........*

has anyone got a mop and bucket? i have made a mess on the wall and need to start all over again?

Experimental Master Brewer - The Infamous Ginger Brau Emporium
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 03:53:48 am »

I'm unsure if this is a 'GAH', or if I should be impressed...

So, the rabid ball of terror I call a cat, decided that his litter tray was a little bit full (granted it needed cleaning, which it does about twice a day). I myself had to take a leak, and as I'm the only one here, I didn't bother shutting the bathroom door. Well the cat observed my actions, sat for a moment pondering the situation, then calmly walked into the bathroom, climbed into the bath and squatted directly over the plughole and promptly peed straight down the drain.  Shocked

I couldn't really stop him as I was still otherwise engaged. But I didn't tell him off as I figured the outcome could have been a lot worse for my carpets. At least the bath is self cleaning...
Other than him being slightly confused that there was no kitty litter to scrape at, and so aimlessly pawing at the side of the bath, he took it in his stride when I slowly turned on the tap to flush the drain clear.

I suppose the bath does look like a king size litter tray - both are large white plastic dish shaped objects.  Undecided

Well, at least it was just pee - could have been worse... Lips sealed

SS
citizen_erased
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

kojitmal
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 05:31:12 am »

Insomnia. This is going to be roughly day 6 out of 6 I spend at work struggling to stay awake because I`ve had so little sleep. But last night beat it all, I think I`ve maybe had two hours of sleep. Great.

Sometimes I vlog: www.youtube.com/realkojitmal
(I even once did a steampunk related video!)

There`s a blog too: http://kojitmal.wordpress.com
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 07:52:06 am »

Insomnia. This is going to be roughly day 6 out of 6 I spend at work struggling to stay awake because I`ve had so little sleep. But last night beat it all, I think I`ve maybe had two hours of sleep. Great.

Take care.  It sounds like the stress from work is getting to you...

I'm unsure if this is a 'GAH', or if I should be impressed...

So, the rabid ball of terror I call a cat, decided that his litter tray was a little bit full (granted it needed cleaning, which it does about twice a day). I myself had to take a leak, and as I'm the only one here, I didn't bother shutting the bathroom door. Well the cat observed my actions, sat for a moment pondering the situation, then calmly walked into the bathroom, climbed into the bath and squatted directly over the plughole and promptly peed straight down the drain.  Shocked

I couldn't really stop him as I was still otherwise engaged. But I didn't tell him off as I figured the outcome could have been a lot worse for my carpets. At least the bath is self cleaning...
Other than him being slightly confused that there was no kitty litter to scrape at, and so aimlessly pawing at the side of the bath, he took it in his stride when I slowly turned on the tap to flush the drain clear.

I suppose the bath does look like a king size litter tray - both are large white plastic dish shaped objects.  Undecided

Well, at least it was just pee - could have been worse... Lips sealed

SS

You should be impressed.  The cat is one step away from potty training itself to use the toilet.

Shadow Of The Tower
Snr. Officer

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 10:44:44 am »

A minor one but it just snowed 12" today, just when I though spring was actually about to happen. Responded to five car wrecks this afternoon and came home to a tree down in the driveway.  I'm sick of winter.

Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 11:37:11 am »

That f***ing vicious furball of teeth and claws just ripped my arm to shreds

Wow! you know Louis Suarez!!??

Yeah, yeah, I know..it's a football reference so no one gets it..... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:55:08 pm by Capt. Dirigible » Logged

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 07:11:11 pm »

You should be impressed.  The cat is one step away from potty training itself to use the toilet.

Yeah, very true - and something I plan to take further if possible.  Smiley  He did it again to today, same as before he 'aimed' down the drain perfectly. Much to the surprise of my mother who was visiting, and witnessed the event after seeing him jump into the bath...  Cheesy
The good news is that shortly after, he went down to his litter tray to take a dump - so he's not only clean, but intelligent enough to know that wouldn't work with the grate in the plughole... Cheesy

I figure I should be able to get him to use the bathroom sink next, which is white and porcelain, which will then allow me to migrate him towards the toilet - also white and porcelain... Wink

Last step will be to teach him how to flush, and optional reading of the Times newspaper.  Grin

He's been up to the vet today - no ID chip, so officially registered as mine now. Booked him in for Wednesday to be de-tom-catted. Will still be a couple of months before his hormone levels drop, so will still have to be a bit wary around him until then.

In related news, my cat shredded arm now has all the look and charm of that of an average long-term heroine addict. And also a particularly tender purple and blood-red 'track mark' with surrounding blotchy purple bruise from the blood leaking into the surrounding tissue. Looks like I wont be wearing a T-shirt for a week or two then...  Roll Eyes

SS
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 08:00:44 pm »

Here ya go!

Toilet train your cat
Shadow Of The Tower
Snr. Officer

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 10:07:46 pm »

Dog was sick all night with pinky slime diarrhea. I didn't get any sleep, decided to take him to the vet this morning, while on the way my truck died in the middle of the only tunnel within 100 miles. Managed to crosswire the truck enough to drive it to a mechanic and got my girlfriend to switch cars with me on the way to work so I could get the dog to the vet.

It turned out to be a rather expensive day.
Birdnest
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 10:15:43 pm »

Dog was sick all night with pinky slime diarrhea. I didn't get any sleep, decided to take him to the vet this morning, while on the way my truck died in the middle of the only tunnel within 100 miles. Managed to crosswire the truck enough to drive it to a mechanic and got my girlfriend to switch cars with me on the way to work so I could get the dog to the vet.

It turned out to be a rather expensive day.

Here's to wishing doggie a speedy recovery.  and, Bad Truck - no biscuit.

tunnel?  there's a tunnel there?

and snow ... we had 3 inches.  completely screwed up the viewing of last nights meteor shower.

Onward ho!
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 12:29:35 am »

In related news, my cat shredded arm now has all the look and charm of that of an average long-term heroine addict.
SS

You're addicted to heroines?  Shocked any particular ones?   Grin
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 05:01:13 am »

In related news, my cat shredded arm now has all the look and charm of that of an average long-term heroine addict.
SS

You're addicted to heroines?  Shocked any particular ones?   Grin

Oh yeah! I'm partial to Power Girl myself
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=980296
 Grin

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:29:22 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged
DreamHazard
Demoted Temporal Cheat
Steam Aficionado

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 02:38:04 pm »

Sleep schedule utterly buggered up now. I hadn't slept for 3 days, and then slept this morning, just got up at about 1. This sucks.
Professor Phineas Brownsm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 03:20:51 pm »

just a minor GAH!! very minor in fact..... trying to book my driving theory test..... the connection either keeps dropping out or its taking forever.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: