The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 16, 2019, 11:00:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Progress City Case 3 Mexican Stand Off  (Read 51576 times)
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer
United States United States

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #650 on: August 13, 2013, 07:50:38 am »

Quietly slipping out from beside the woman he'd shared the night with, Dee began tip toeing around the apartment in search of his carelessly cast off clothing. He had an empire to run and as much as his heart (along with certain other organs) yearned for him to return to the cozy bed and the warm naked body still inhabiting it, he had more crucial matters to attend to. Chief amongst which was satisfying the urges now itching in his veins borne of a significantly different appetite than the one he'd sated the night before. Pulling the small silver cigar case from his pants pocket, Dee extracted a small one hitter syringe and slipped a fresh needle in the tip. Pumping his arm a few times to make the vein pop, he injected the needle carefully into the same tract mark he did every time to avoid excessive tell tale scarring. Closing his eyes against the volcanic rush of substance through his veins, he pocketed the small case and flushed the discharged syringe, hoping Lucretia wouldn't notice. He knew he was addicted and the cravings were getting worse from all the battlefield and bedroom usage of the drug, but as long as he stayed within the safe zone and controlled his addiction rather than it controlling him, he would be alright. Pucking a small rose from the garden outside on her patio, Dee left the solitary rose on Lucretia's pillow in his stead. The walk to the tower would do him some good, and let him get his head clear without thoughts of Lucretia fogging his mind. He had some hiring to do, some firing to finish, and an empire that wasn't going to run itself.  As he walked he did his best to ignore the voice in his head telling him he was going soft over a piece of til nod that if he truly loved her he would let her go for her own safety.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:52:39 pm by steamcowboy92 » Logged

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #651 on: August 13, 2013, 08:05:44 am »

Simmers Wellenhott stood outside the Tower of Justice, cursing his ill luck. He reached inyto his vest pocket and extracted his watch; another seven hiours to go 'til the Justiciary's Ancillary Support Division would be accepting applicants for janitorial positions. If you can't watch 'em from the sidelines, you gotta g ahead and join the team, he thought to himself. Well, go find a bar, he thought. Maybe a coffee and bagel'll keep me going for a bit...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #652 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:08 am »

The cheif was on the warpath. She had a sneaking suspicion that the tower was under attack.  Agnes opened a com link and almost shouted.  "Trapper, Get up to Una's room and I will meet you there.  Something tells me the trouble is near her."

Una was beaming as she danced with the gun.  The steps were something that came naturally to her just like firing a blaster.  "I wonder if the old me danced."  She pondered spinning to Fetch's beat.

Lucretia buried herself in covers wanting just a little more sleep. The alarm clock ticked away just out of reach. Soon it would go off and she would have to get out the door and in to the lab but for now she would cling to the last golden moments of her slumbers.

Thompson was beyond angry. Someone had to be tapping in to his resources how else could the Emerald System be triggered?  He was going to have to step things up and watch far more closely.  Shaking his head he bought a ticket in to the city.  It had been aces since he had been in that place but the hate was still as fresh as the scar above his heart.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
WeirdoLod
Deck Hand

« Reply #653 on: August 13, 2013, 01:17:42 pm »

Finally after what seemed to be an eternity of waiting on line at customs, our mysterious cowboy finally got his turn and walked to the custom officers for their inspection. The two who would inspect him were men who seemed to be in their 30's, one had brown hair with a mutton chops and the second had blonde hair with a full yet trimmed beard. "Hello and welcome, state your name and business." said the brown haired gentleman.

"My name is Charon, and I am here for business purposes." the mysterious man said to the inspection officers as they checked his papers for entering the city. Everything seemed to be in order even though they were a bit apprehensive of letting in who seemed to be a very roguish bloke into the city. "Charon you say? Sir we have to ask for your full name and please remove your mask." said the blonde gentleman. Charon without a word simply got into his pocket and pulled out a small sack and opened it, revealing several nuggets of pure gold. "This gold here is enough for several paychecks. Let me through and it is yours." He said as the two inspection officers looked at it, the brown haired gentleman scooping it away and the blonde one stamping approval on his papers. "Thank you for coming and please enjoy your stay in our fine city." They then quickly shooed him away and began their regular work.

As he walked out of the offices and into the city itself, he could see that it was much much different from the town that he came from. Everything looked like a massive prison of metal and steam. "Now then, where to find a bar." He said to himself as he proceeded down the steps toward what could be described as an automated map.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #654 on: August 13, 2013, 11:18:09 pm »

Von Trappe took the stairs to Una and Fetch's floor, and stopped dead in his tracks, tomahawk in one hand and blaster in the other. yes, the Emerald system he'd heard about all of his career, just as it had been described to him by an old retired copper who had seen it come on once, was apparently intact and running - haywire. the beam cannons and other paraphernalia hung from the ceiling and the flashing lights were all going and casting a weirdly-shifting yellow chiaroscuro on teh scene, but the various moving parts, be they beam cannons or cutter rays or articulated cameras, were all bobbing up and down to a rhythm he coldjust barely catch. It sounded as if someone were clapping in time. He followed the sound, to finally stand in the door of Una's apartment, and shout in response to whathe saw there, "What in the BLOODY blue BAYING BASSET HOUNDS of HADES is going ON in here?!"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #655 on: August 14, 2013, 12:14:34 am »

Una pulled away from the wall and the turret froze. Una knew she was in big trouble now. "Fetch asked if I could defend myself so I talked to the wall and the guns came down and I made them dance.  And I have been taking lemon cakes from the vending machine but it gives it to me without me asking.  I really don't want to go to jail." She said frowning.

The chief walked down the hall amazed.  It was the Emerald system all right.  They had been trying to reconnect the system since she was a young justice.  She heard something about lemon cakes and jail and wondered what on earth that girl was talking about. "Has anyone been fired on?"
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #656 on: August 14, 2013, 02:49:09 am »

Dee made his way up the stairs, prefering the silence of the stairwells to the god awful muzak that they piped through the elevator. He made a mental note to have that crap changed as soon as possible before he shot the speakers. Right now though he needed an army to replenish the one his father had so idiotically destroyed. All it took was a quick brush out on his typewriter one he got to the office. Buzzing an undersecretary in, he handed her the paper and told her to make a full circulation with it, top to bottom. Giving her a wink he implied there was a small raise involved if she got it done fast enough. That was more than enough to have her bustling off to the copy room to have the paper replicated. After that it would sent to the comunications room where the word would be passed to every available resource Dee possesed from CEO to street hustler.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #657 on: August 14, 2013, 03:25:51 am »

Una says thatthe beam cannon, there," Fetch pointed up to the relevant device hanging from the ceiling, "wants to shoot me, but is cooperating with her and not doing so. It seems the thing cannot figure out why I am not a woman." He shrugged eloquently..
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #658 on: August 14, 2013, 03:44:31 am »

"Ok how the hell is she taking to it?" The chief looked at both of them wondering what they had gotten in to.

"I just do." Una said.

The chief looked at her, Una was honest but not entirely helpful. "Fetch can you explain it better?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #659 on: August 14, 2013, 04:03:50 am »

Fetch considered.He made a few false starts, realizing almost before he had begun that that explanation, or the next one, would cause even more confusion and misunderstanding. He finally gave up being creative about it, and simply told the truth. "I thought that Una needed a way to defend herself from a threat even when she is weaponless, so I was having her experiment with influencing technological devices. I did not know about the vending machine escapades until about thirty minutes ago, when she told me about them. The things that she can do, they are very similar to what I and the Monster Pilots are able to do with their minds or by physical contact with devices."

"One of the first things that Master Otto had me doing was operating a very primitive prototype of the Monster machines currently en vogue among the darker entities in the City," he said by way of explanation of what he meant. "According to Master's notes, I may well have been the very first monster pilot, in a manner of speaking -- and Una's abilities are like a very highly developed pilot, but without the usual resident mind-brain dysfunction."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:22:43 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #660 on: August 14, 2013, 04:23:17 am »

Goddamn this city kept producing more and more weird people. "Ok Una I am sure we can come up with a way for you to use this for the good of the city but for now call off the guns and don't do that again. Fetch you are the only person that has hands on experiences with anything like this keep her from blowing up my tower."

Lucretia was running a little late as she stepped in to the office. She had to find a vase for the rose and the traffic on the sky trams was horrible. Lucretia deiced she was going to get a car of some sort after this was over.  It should not take 35 mins to go from the biggest lab complex to the office tower. Annoyed she stepped in to the office files under her arm.
WeirdoLod
Deck Hand

« Reply #661 on: August 14, 2013, 05:49:13 am »

The map hissed as it showed various important landmarks and locations that would be important to any new traveler in the city. Charon simply looked the thing over, watching the various buttons light to show paths to the important areas.  He noticed a small little microphone like device and bent his head to speak into it. "Nearest bar." he said as the map hissed and showed a bar that was only a few blocks away, the bar was cold the Dead Cog Inn. " Very nice." He said as he departed from the machine and walked in the direction of the bar. Charon knew that the only way to find anything on a city was to visit the people who lived among it's muck.

When he arrived the Inn itself was everything that he thought it was, a somewhat beautiful but also uncouth place, the outside decorated in a rather homely fashion perhaps to attract the tourists or the like. As he walked inside he noticed a few smaller buildings that seemed to hold women of ill repute, beckoning men into their venomous lairs with corsets tight across the body and hiking their dresses to reveal their silky garters. " They should see the ones where I lived, those brothels seemed more like mansions." he said under his breath as he entered the Inn.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #662 on: August 15, 2013, 05:33:54 pm »

The Dead Cog was not the sort of place he preferred - too touristy by half, a bit too tough-looking to be quite real enough. The safe, small minibrothels looked enticing, but were just what they appeared to be to the jaded eye of the connoisseur - cute little tidbits for the tourist to have fun, without the risk or cost of a larger, more expensive establishment. The twenty-story Le Pavillionne, or Madame Sally Lee's Indianola Tower, converted from an old Black Laboratory Power Station, were more to Simm's liking. Still, you could get a sandwich and a pot of coffee at the Dead Cog for a nice, inexpensive layout (unlike many of the city's other bars, where an alcoholic drink order was obligatory if one did not want to be tossed out on one's posterior), and it was closer to The Tower of Justice Than his regular haunt; convenient for today, when he needed to get back and apply for the janitorial job. The things I do for the sake of my cases, he muttered as he headed to the bar. "The ham on rye with a pot of the man-mugger, Morty, I got an interview in a couple hours," he called to the publican.

Soon, Simmers sat in a booth overlooking the Faro table as he munched on the sandwich and downed the scalding hot coffee.  He looked up as a fellow in a cowboy getup sauntered in. Well, looks like another one's in town, he thought to himself. Then again, maybe this guy's serious business, he thought as he eyed the man's rig and apparent mien. If I was lookin for a client, I might talk to him. looks like he's lookin' for something.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

« Reply #663 on: August 15, 2013, 09:03:38 pm »

Morty was tired, he'd been slinging laz all night before having to come back to work as a part time bartender and his sleep cycle was, for lack of a better term, erratic. He had just served a sand which and a massive cup of their strongest coffee to a semi regular, when he noticed a fluctuation in the overall mood of the room. A quick glance towards the door revealed why. out of towner was the first thought through h is mind as he took in his outlandish clothes and mask. He'd been in the bar business to long not to recognize trouble when he saw it. Mr. LeCroix might be interested in this one if he's a gun for hire
"And whar kin aye be gettin foor yah toll man" his thin reedy voice and clipped accent cut through the bar fairly easily after years of practice.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #664 on: August 16, 2013, 02:56:29 pm »

"I'm sorry,  Una, I didn't think we'd trip a whole buried security system," he said, crossing over to where Una stood, as the various bits and bobs slid back into their hiding places. He felt the whole thing was his fault; he had encouraged her to reach out and try things, after all. "The chief means well, she can jusyt be a little bit snappish where her tower is concerned." He brightened a bit.  "But, still, we discovered that you have a whole range of special abilities! we can work from here, now, and figure out how to use 'em to your best advantage! --Er, if you want want to, that is," he finished somewhat lamely.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #665 on: August 16, 2013, 05:04:50 pm »

"I need to know how to do things. Maybe next time I can stop things from coming up from the floor and shooting us." Una wanted to know everything and learning from Fetch was extra good.

Thompson sealed his office and packed a small case.  He was ready to do whatever it took to get his empire stable.  A leather case tucked away in the centre of his bag glowed softly.  It was his ace in the hole. Looking out on his empire he smiled.  Soon it would grow unimpeded by that troublesome girl.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #666 on: August 17, 2013, 08:22:00 am »

"Well, let's get you squared away, and then I need a bath," Fetch said. Unfortunately, my abilities do not run to staying free of the stench of sweat. I also need to engage in introspective contemplation for a bit; I am woefully out of the habit just now. Have you tried it? I find it very balancing."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:26:16 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #667 on: August 18, 2013, 05:31:29 am »

"When I was under the bluelight I used to try my hardest to remember things and hold on to thoughts. It was hard to do tho."

The summer was always busy in the city but now it was even worse. Entrance exams were happening at the university tower and students from all over the world were fighting for a spot in the prestigious institute. All the dock was full and customs was having a devil of a time keeping up. In the chaos two passengers slip through with barely a glance. One is a middle aged man from the east who has a carefully obliterated accent and enough money to grease wheels to move through the city un-bothered. The other is a skinny teen with a California tan and no money or passport in his pocket and causes just enough fuss by winding up two chaperones and wandering off no one notices that he wasn't on the passenger list.  He whistles a carefree tune as he takes in the city and makes his way to the justice tower.  Hopefully aunty could provide for him until he found his own place.
WeirdoLod
Deck Hand

« Reply #668 on: August 19, 2013, 06:07:50 am »

Morty was tired, he'd been slinging laz all night before having to come back to work as a part time bartender and his sleep cycle was, for lack of a better term, erratic. He had just served a sand which and a massive cup of their strongest coffee to a semi regular, when he noticed a fluctuation in the overall mood of the room. A quick glance towards the door revealed why. out of towner was the first thought through h is mind as he took in his outlandish clothes and mask. He'd been in the bar business to long not to recognize trouble when he saw it. Mr. LeCroix might be interested in this one if he's a gun for hire
"And whar kin aye be gettin foor yah toll man" his thin reedy voice and clipped accent cut through the bar fairly easily after years of practice.

Charon looked at the tender and without missing a beat simply ordered. "Whiskey on the rocks." As Charon asked for his drink and then turned to look at the inside once more, his eyes would notice bits and pieces of interesting things and people. He thought to himself silently, wondering if he could find the information needed to find his targets, but for now he was a stranger in a new place and he really needed a drink from that flight.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #669 on: August 19, 2013, 08:05:46 pm »

Sergeants Wilcox and Caranium were manning the duty and comm desks, respectively, but both saw the rather out-of-place youngster enter the duty room. Caranium nodded at the portrait of the chief on the desktop below the duty counter. "Looks loik fam'ly, don't 'e," The Comm sergeant said.

"Sure an' he does to a 'T'," Wilcox responded. "Though 'erself doesn't look arf so dark. Oi! you there, he called over to the tan boy. What kin we do fer you, lad?"

----
Fetch responded to Una, "It's easy. Just make your self Relax. Try this to help you get there: count down from one hundred to one, or whatever sequence you like, and relax one part of your body per number. Then, just imagine a tone or a sound that makes you feel thoughtful and go with it. Try imagining at the same time a stick and a flame within an otherwise completely empty space. The flame and the stick are completely separate, but you can make it look in your mind's eye as if the flame sits atop the stick; practice concentrating on the tone, the stick, the flame, and placing the flame on the stick no mattter what ese goes on around you, and soon you'll find you can easily concentrate on anything else in the same manner."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #670 on: August 20, 2013, 05:40:55 am »

Sam ran a hand through his sandy blond hair and smiled at them. "I was hoping you could help me find my aunt Mallory. I think she may go by Una now."

Una's mind was full of strange and glittering angles. The bluelight had sharpened her in odd ways.  Her flame was crystalline and sparking and the stick was more like a column broken from pure ice but they resonated somehow making a sound like water moving in far off places.  It made a sort of place inside her. A bubble where she was the world.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #671 on: August 20, 2013, 05:06:05 pm »

Caranium made an odd sort of noise, while Wilcox stood poleaxed for a moment. The situation was saved by the rather fetching Justice Shirley, Trapper's secretary, who happened to be walking back in from heading up a Suppression detail to make certain the Emerald System was not still deployed anywhere. She brushed a lock of her neck-length blonde locks back over one ear as she addressed the boy.

"Hullo, 'Sam,' is it? you're Una's nephew, are you? Pleased to meet you, I'm Justice Shirley. Come wi' me, hon, You need t' speak to Justice Von Trappe, an' we'll get you started processing." She talked to the lad as she walked him through the maze of booths, desks, cubicles and prefab panel corridors to Trapper's office. The former garage had become quite a warren, growing according to the need for space for administration - other than the chief's and medical sections, of course - and sprawling all over the place, as it took on the other departments as well while repairs were being finalized to the upper floors. It was thus all only temporary, so things tended to get put (crammed in, in truth) where they would fit, the details to be worried over later. The real logistical challenge would be moving everything back upstairs, which was actually scheduled to begin in shifts in the next week; It had been 'planned to be done next week' for a about six weeks so far, but this time it was 'for real. Yes, really, and stop smirking or I'll tell Shirley.'

At odd intervals, vehicles otherwise immobile due to battle damage or maintenance issues were embedded in the general montage of office-shell parts and the necessary walls of cable cabinets and corridor panels. These vehicles, armed as they were for police purposes, provided "fire support security," as it was euphemistically called, their guns and turrets still operational and manned by people who, in the wake of the recent troubles, were deadly serious about their jobs. Harness bulls, officefolk, justices, justices and harness bulls with perps, sometimes convicts chained together as they polished panels or viewports or swept or did other maintenance duties, all shared and crowded and colored and provided various smells and all to the general swirling montage of a normal day of operations.

"This's a police station, y' know, and Miss Una's one o' us now, a bona fide cadet," Shirley continued, dodging a moto-sweeper manned by a bored-looking tech, and surreptitiously checking her holster and armor just in case "Sam" turned out to be violently other than what he claimed to be. "She's also a protected witness and a few other things as well, so nobody gets to just walk in an' see 'er off th' street, yeah? 'ere we are, she said, as they came yto w a semicircular grouping of large vehicles up on blocks. She opened a hatch-like door in the side of a converted mobile office lorry (wheels removed and the hulk up on jacks for security and stability, a common form of office in the garage-warren for those who warranted such; the othe rvehicles in teh semicircle were for the others in Trapper's Section), and opened it to reveal a modest cabin that looked like someone had cleaned out the inside of a personnel carrier (which, in fact, they had) and turned it into a waiting room, or tried to, at any rate. The lighting was standard Retro-Tanker, twelve actual armored-vehicle headache lights, six on each of the two long-wise walls, the red domes dim, and the "white" ones emitting a bright but yellowish white radiance. "Sit over there, luv," she nodded at a row of three built-in seats against the outer bulkhead, with armrests removed except for the ends (it was an attempt to create a waiting-room couch; several other and various forms of seating lined the other three walls at the end o the cabin opposite of Shirley's desk) as she turned on her aethercomp and and desk light, and manipulated the intercom. "Trapper, sir, you in there? We 'ave ourselves a relative o' Miss Una's, he says, name of 'Sam.' Just showed up off th' street, he did. You free for a chat with 'im, sir?"

Trapper looked up from his stack of reports. Not only was he the head of the latest justice team; he had had other duties as well at the substation the chief had called him in from. Those duties had not simply gone away, and he now handled them here, as well as what he did as the Chief's head Justice for the Tower.It generated lots of bits of paper that he was supposed to read and do various tedious things with. "Of course," Trapper said as he pressed his desk unit's reply button, actually rather glad for the interruption from struggling through Corporal Mitburg's copious pages of nearly indecipherable henscratch, about a 'new' way of dealing with the hordes of pickpockets in the City's transportation terminii.

"I'll come get 'im in a sec. Ring Chief Thigpen, will you? She'll want to hear about this, and apprise Fetch, but tell 'im not to come down unless I call for 'im." He got up and threw a tarp over the driver's seat, and closed the blast curtain that separated the cab from the front cabin that served as his office.

"Yes, Sir." Shirley replied. She directed her heart-throbbing gaze at Sam, and said, "He'll be out to get you in in a minute. You want a cup of water, or we 'ave tea or coffee." She nodded toward three large cylindrical nickel-plated beverage tanks in the corner at the end of the makeshift couch. The air came on as she spoke, the slight clatter of the fan setting an bucolic undertone to the scene as she did as Trapper had instructed.

After a bit, Trapper opened the hatch in the inner bulkhead and stepped into the waiting area. "Hullo, I'm Justice Commander Jonathan von Trappe. You're Sam Malone, I take it?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:17:19 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #672 on: August 20, 2013, 06:03:02 pm »

"Yes Sir, it is short for Samuel." The boy was in the all knees and elbows stage of growth but you could tell he was going to be a lady killer when he grew up.  "I read about Aunt Una in the paper and I wanted to meet her. Well great aunt realy."  There were things he was glossing over and hoping Trapper would not pick at it.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #673 on: August 20, 2013, 07:26:33 pm »

"Well, step on through, will you?" Trapper said, standingto one side to allow entry into his office. "Miss Shirley, com eand and lok on, you might 'ave to do this kinda thing yourself sometime," Trapper said. the real reason was a ,ore or less hard and fast rule about interviewing/interrogating youngsters, that of having more than one adult, preferably two, one of each gender, to make sure nothing untoward occurred. Shirley stood in the doorway, for all the world just observing while also watching the waiting room.

"Well, now. have a seat there in front o' the desk will you? there's a fellow." HE sat behind the desk. "Now. here's the long and short of things right now, young fellow. I have to make sure you're not a threat, to be honest, Sam, that's what we're doing here now. More than three attempts have been made on your Aunt's life already, and shes pretty dear 'round here besides, so we're a bit leery of unknowns coming in and asking to see her. So, no offense intended, but I have to be sure, and ask questions that might seem a little ... unfair, say. Such as: How did you come to be here? Have you just arrived in Progress City? You're not dressed like a local younker, seems to me."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #674 on: August 20, 2013, 07:58:16 pm »

Sam drooped a little, they were on to him. "I was a stowaway sir.  Great grampa banned the whole family from coming back after his father and sister were killed.  Says the city is cursed and will eat us alive but I wanted to know where I came from.  And the university had the best degree in weapon design there is, only I kind of got cut off.  My parents are pacifists and gramps has all but disowned me so all I have is a few changes of clothes. I was hoping Aunt Una could help me find a place to stay. She was suposed to get the family house as far as I could find out."
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: