The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 13, 2019, 12:45:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Progress City Case 3 Mexican Stand Off  (Read 52372 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #550 on: July 17, 2013, 03:41:54 am »

"Oh? What' d that mad bugger say about 'im?" Will called over to Dee.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #551 on: July 17, 2013, 04:06:40 am »

"Just the usual rankings, something about an unstoppable weapon wielded by an immovable force of darkness held aloft by the harbingers. I'm sure Lucretia had more files on him. Wee can ask her when we return. "

I will kill you however I can , wherever I can, with whatever I have. You will regret ever making me decide to take action. -William W. Johnstone.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #552 on: July 17, 2013, 04:33:32 am »

"Fetch can we get the hell out if here before more of those things start yelling at us?" She was done with this creepy underground world and half way wished she did not know what was under her feet when walking above.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #553 on: July 17, 2013, 06:14:56 am »

Fetch poked the greeting clown with the muzzle of the blaster; no response seemed to be forthcoming. "Seems to have said his reed," he said. "I suppose it's alright, as long as nothing jumps up and starts speaking again, although I'd like to explore again, maybe with a full armored squad; that tunnel back there looks interesting. Well, the Chief will be wanting an explanation, I expect." he led the way back to the pit's far wall, and waited for the others. "Grab on," he said, "No use getting all filthy climbing back out again, eh? You too, Mr. Dee." He shifted them all to the street level as soon as everyone had a good grip. HE felt a bit woozy afterward, though, and stumbled as he walked back toward Una.

"Not used to hauling so many at once," he muttered muzzily.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #554 on: July 18, 2013, 05:35:31 pm »

Jessica did not normally shut her door and windows at night but she would now. Out of all the wide and varied terrors the city had to offer she had found the one that got to her. "I suppose was better call the Chief so she can get someone to patch this up before people either get hurt or start looting."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #555 on: July 19, 2013, 01:26:51 am »

"Already done, love," Will said. "Luke got all gung-ho and called it in himself." The air overhead was suddenly alive with the sounds of squad 'thopters and lesser air vehicles, and the rumble and stomp of both tracked and legged armored vehicles began to shake the street.

"Fetch, get back here with Una. I want a full report on that fracas you just fought, hopefully before the Chief gets impatient," Trapper's voice came over the aether units.

"Una, looks like we have an appointment with Trapper, maybe the chief herself once we get there," he said."C'mon, it'll be OK." he held out his hand to her.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:51:26 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #556 on: July 19, 2013, 04:50:37 am »

"I hope like hell we don't get stuck on guard duty." Jessica shuddered, god dammed clowns.

Una watched the fuss and frowned. "Are we gonna get to have dinner?" After hearing Lucretia describe what a night on the town was like she really wanted to try it with Fetch.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #557 on: July 19, 2013, 05:35:23 am »

"I promise that I will take you to dinner and dancing the first chance we get," Fetch said, feeling terrible. "As soon as we can get away." He didn't really know that the Chief or Trapper would do anything that might jeopardize his and Una's budding relationship, but it seemed a distinct possibility, he realized morosely.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Across the city, An old man whose last name was Malone faced the gumshoe, Sim Wellenhott, across a polished onyx desk big and wide enough to serve as a display pedestal for a small steam carriage.

"You've met them, then."

"Yeah. What about it?"

"What were they like?" the old man seemed almost desperate to know.
 "fetch, he's like an old-world Chi-nee assassin, but there's something off about 'im. He doesn't look at things the same way as you an' me, if you gets my drift. It's almost like he looks through your skin and sees your thoughts underneath, and his eyes are older than anybody's I 've ever seen.They say he's deadly with those shortswords, and some even say he's a vamp. Pale as he is, it's almost believable. He has this weird presence, it was almost like he was blurry in my eyes, and I could almost swear he was sneaking up behind me even though he was right in front of me. He'd kill without a second thought, you get that feeling with some Tong people, and brother, do you get it with him."

"That girl, Una, she was a spooky one, no lie, but she seemed more innocent and sweet, somehow. Pretty in a wild-animal sort of way; be a real looker if she got fancied up, I reckon. But you get the same deadly vibe with her, only it's bad in a whole different way." He pulled a cheroot from his pocket and a tinder-box lighter from another. "You mind if I smoke? I ain't had a puff since the ride over here." Malone said it was fine, and retrieved a fat cigar from the humidor a mere mile away across the desk, leaning across the small onyx country of the desk's top to accept the flame from Sim's box. They both enjoyed their respective bad habits in silence for a time.

Sim exited the ruined mansion a short time later, a fat envelope filling his coat pocket with the reassuring weight of a few grand in bills. Follow 'em, but keep it discreet, don't be obvious. And watch out fer LeCroix, and strange New Yorkers. Yeah, Whatever you say, Mister Malone... He smiled and stepped down onto  the driveway, lighting another cheroot; he could afford a few more per day, now. The Landau that had brought him was nowhere to be seen; shrugging nonchalantly, the fedora-wearing silhouette of Sim Wellenhott faded into the hazy afternoon background, stepped aboard a battered tube transitcar, and was gone from sight.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:52:04 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #558 on: July 19, 2013, 06:10:31 am »

Una nodded she was a bit sad but he wanted to go out with her and that was a good thing.  "We aren't going to get in trouble for the crazy spinning thing right?" Because if they were she had some rather angry things to say.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #559 on: July 19, 2013, 07:01:51 am »

"The things that're going to make Trapper and the Chief hot and bothered are more likely to be the fact that I allowed you to be exposed to extreme danger, and that I fired a supernova-class blaster in public into the air apparently without forethought," Fetch ruminated, "Think what would have happened if I had struck an airship, or a cable gondola?" I was watching, but there's the public's likely opinion to be considered. If I had been firing at a lawbreaker, it would have been different. Jessica's actions are regrettable, but understandable, or so I would imagine."He stopped to talk to one of the Armored Unit commanders, who asked him about the best route down into the pit. It took a bit of explanation before the young woman would allow him to leave the scene...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #560 on: July 19, 2013, 11:38:08 pm »

Chief Thigpen was currently looking at a burned out device that possibly caused the commutations problems but half of the justices that looked at it said it was imposable for anything to do that without frying the system while the other half said it was simple as long as you hit the right frequency what the chief was bothered about was that it was in the tower at all.  This tower was her kingdom and if someone was messing with it she had to know how and why.  "Trapper has the suppression team taken the salon ruins yet? I want to know if the same person was behind that attack here and there." Tapping in to what was below the streets was dangerous and no one knew what was exactly under there. Even the university still lost researchers down there.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #561 on: July 20, 2013, 03:11:50 am »

"Chief, something disturbing about the Salon hit is that it was actually two hits; it looked almost as if the first one was unrelated to the carousel incident, and the carousel and th' clown massacre was just a malfunction, except for one small detail: Both Andrew and the clown automaton's recording mentioned a "golden gun." Supposedly, Acording to Our city's history, the Emerald Doctor had a weapon by that name, by all accounts some kind of high-powered death ray, like a plasma beam or something. No, don't ask me what a Plasma beam is; Fetch probably knows somewhat about such things, but all I know about blasters and death rays is, you point 'em away from you and don't get in their way, unless somebody important is the target. Construction and what's what inside?" He shrugged. "Just enough to know how to turn this, cross that, and bust this other thing to make it explode like a bomb. History, theory beyond the Academy blurbs, and origins I don't know."

"Apparently, there's somebody from, or in, New York who's on his way here to turn us all to cinders and mincemeat, according to Andrew, who's dead now, and was half out of his gourd and playin' pocket pool with the little man in his head at the time that he said that stuff."

"Aha, here's Fetch," Trapper said, as he glanced out and down the hall at the sound of a cacophony of  wolf whistle and ribald comments; Una was turning heads, even as disheveled as she was, so improved were her looks and dress.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:17:59 am by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #562 on: July 20, 2013, 04:37:33 am »

Una held Fetch's hand she was unsure of how she felt about this attention. One part of her was basking in it and the other was wanting to hide. 

The chief was happy to see Una was mainly unharmed. She was fairly sure until the Laz was secure Una would always be in some danger. "So I hear there was some trouble with clowns."

"Painted animals tried to kill us." Una said unsure if that was an actual question or what Lucretia called a rhetorical question.
steamcowboy92
Snr. Officer

I work for money. You want loyalty get a dog.

« Reply #563 on: July 20, 2013, 05:36:10 am »

Dee got his stomach under control from the phasing in and out, then stumbled over to Lucretia "teleporting and laz do NOT mix."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #564 on: July 21, 2013, 04:16:35 am »

"I know and I only have had a tiny bit." Lucretia wrapped her arms around him.  "Damed this city is weird."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #565 on: July 21, 2013, 05:30:09 am »

Fetch explained, giving a more or less detailed account of what had happened on both the excursion to LeCroix and at the salon, and the attack and its aftermath. "I'm not sure about what this 'Golden Gun' business is or means,"  he said, "But I have had another flashback of my former life as Mikhail," he said. He had explained that and several other things in his report on the showdown with Andrew, including his and Una's healing abilities (His flashbacks, and some of his abilities, including self-healing, were already a matter of record with the Hall of Justice, but those records were almost hopelessly vague) and some of the vagaries of his longterm memory, as per the truth of his origins.

"I remember being very small and seeing a very much younger Master Otto, long before he became my master, talking to my Father about a Golden Gun, and wanting to go searching for it. Apparently he had a clue as to what it was, and about it's whereabouts."

I am afraid I used my combat marque WIGA blaster to as a noisemaker to silence Justice Jessica's rampage against the robot clowns," Fetch finally admitted. "Oh, and Una said that she wants to be a Justice, so I picked up the forms for her." he added. "And, I deputized her as a Justice cadet for the purpose of responding to the LeCroix Boardroom shooting incident," he finished.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #566 on: July 21, 2013, 06:29:58 am »

Ooof that was one hell of a can of worms but Chief Thigpen saw some opportunity in it too "Welcome to the team junior justice Una. I think I have just the assignment for you. I want you to research this golden gun thing.  Unless I have missed my mark you have a special skill that should help.  You have a near photographic memory." Una almost laughed an amnesiac with a strong memory? It was an odd joke. "You will be in the archives we need information and we need it now."

Una frowned she wanted to go out with Fetch. "Do I have to?" The look on Trapper's face told her that was not a good thing to say.  "I mean I wanted to go to dinner and music."

The chief laughed. "Yes go on. It looks like you did a lot of preparation for it." Una tuned very pink and looked at the floor.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #567 on: July 22, 2013, 03:51:05 am »

Fetch took Una's hand in his, lifted her chin up between his thumb and forefinger, oh so gently, and looked into her eyes, and said, " Such a pretty blush. Well, now it's orders. Shall we go?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #568 on: July 22, 2013, 06:03:31 am »

"Yes." She almost squeaked taking his hand. Una could not help but smile at the catcalls now and the whoop from Jessica for them to kiss.

The chief had to quiet them down. "Justice Jessica I believe you are going to explain why you opened fire on a group of harmless automatons?" It was Jessica's turn to blush as every ones eyes turned to her.

"Yes mam." she said as everyone else suddenly had something to do elsewhere.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #569 on: July 22, 2013, 03:08:26 pm »

Fetch shifted them to the relative privacy of Interrogation Room Six. This time he did kiss her gently, and then somewhat longer and deeper. He asked, "did you have someplace in mind?" wondering if Lucretia had suggested someplace.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:27:49 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #570 on: July 22, 2013, 05:27:17 pm »

"Lucretia talked about Cloud 9. She said there were mirrors that sparked all over it and and pretty music. I want to dance with you there." She turned away embarrassed she felt bubbly and shy and that did not compute to her. "Lucretia said if we turned up around seven we could have diner with her and Dee before the music started."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #571 on: July 22, 2013, 08:35:17 pm »

"That's fine," Fetch said, "We should be able to make it easily." He noticed her apparent embarrassment, and said, "What's the matter?" He suddenly thought about what they had been doing, and said, "If I have offended you-- I mean, if I am moving too fast..."

"Chief, me an' Luke did just as much damage as Jessica," Will said. "We were all shootin' up a storm, 'til Fetch hauled out that giant robot zapper and cut loose, an' told us to stop it."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:37:07 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #572 on: July 22, 2013, 08:52:42 pm »

"I... I love you. And I am used to my feelings either being gone or muted so this is all new to me and the books don't help either. I never know if I am doing the right thing." She said with a sigh.  The books made it all sound so simple with knights and princesses.

"I thought he was gonna attack Fetch mam."

The chief almost sighed they were like over grown kids sometimes. "Justice Jessica I expect you to show more professionalism if I am to have you out in the field. Even if their are clowns all right?"

"Yes mam." She said relaxing.

"And you two there is no need to go off half cocked."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #573 on: July 22, 2013, 10:52:32 pm »

"She's talking mainly to you, Will," Luke said.

Will bristled and said, "You were shooting too!"

"Heck yeah I was shooting. I was shooting back, since the clowns were returning fire! You want me to just let you handle the shooting form now on?"

"Of course not, I'm not stupid! 'Sides, Jessie was in danger"

"Not stupid? Well, not much..."

"Grrr"

"Grrr' yourself."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #574 on: July 22, 2013, 11:34:17 pm »

"Boys unless you want to be meter maids for the next two weeks I suggest you go help Justice Jessica get things together to send out a few exploratory parties under the street. I want to know who is scurrying around my city like a mouse." The chief looked after the city like it was her own block and the fact an apparent outsider knew more about it than her was unnerving.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: