The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 18, 2022, 10:07:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: In the event of a Brass Goggles server outage, please visit sparegoggles.forumotion.net, our Lifeboat Forum, for updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [St. Louis MO] Gaslight Squared: St. Louis' only monthly steampunk gathering!  (Read 6337 times)
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: April 08, 2013, 04:51:04 pm »

For any steampunk in and around the St. Louis, MO area, you should check out Gaslight Squared! Named after the historic district of Gaslight Square, this monthly gathering takes place on the last Thursday of every month at the Livery Company on Cherokee Street. It starts at 8pm and goes until midnight, and always features cheap beers, old black and white films projected on the wall, and music from DJ MC2 and DJ Shawn Gaston (creator of the steampunk web comic "Clockworks"). Often, there is a burlesque act or two. Swing on by and join us!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 03:44:49 am by von Corax » Logged

May the wind be at your backs,
Santiago Dunbar
Captain, S.S. Beatrix
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:21:30 pm »

Tonight is the night again for Gaslight Squared! Calling all steampunks in the St. Louis, MO area! Come, hang out, and meet some fellow retro-futurists, and have a drink... why not? Smiley
ClockworkRaja
Gunner

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:00:11 pm »

One of these days I will actually have the time to go down and check that out!

Hannibal Haberdashery and Optical Gadget Emporium
https://www.facebook.com/HannibalHaberdashery
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 09:40:48 pm »

Hey Clockwork Raja,

If there was one Gaslight Squared that you should definitely go to it would be this months'. Gaslight Squared is held on the last Thursday of every month, and the last Thursday of October is Halloween! It coincidently is also the 3 year anniversary of the event. A band called the Browncoats will be playing, and DJ MC2 and DJ Shawn Gaston will be spinning records. Let me know if you have any questions!

Captain
Zeppelin Captain

The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 09:29:28 pm »

Another St. Louis SP event:  http://www.thesteampunkempire.com/events/st-louis-mo-gateway-gaslight-steamworks-weekend 

“Meet Me In Saint Louis” is a Steampunk immersion experience taking place over three days in which the patrons will be part of the play as it unfolds. Using layers of immersion we will create a unique and memorable experience you will want to enjoy year after year. Interact with the actors on a personal level; meet the villains and the other characters as you stroll through the halls, sit in the tea room, or go shopping all in an atmosphere to enhance your adventure.
Wonderful themed panel discussions, talented actors and entertainers and music add to the full experience of the unfolding story. The patrons will be encouraged to participate at the level that they choose.
List of other activities
(This is all I know so far. I am going, but am not an organizer. If an official organizer wants to take over this announcement page, just let me know...)

-Karl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: