The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 17, 2018, 02:42:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask A Hero!  (Read 1933 times)
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« on: March 22, 2013, 05:09:45 am »

This thread is in answer to "Ask A Villain" thread. After all Hero/ine's may need a hint or two.

So fire away at Will (not at me you silly Heroes, at Will  Wink ). (I hope that Miss Stella, doesn't mind me starting this thread?)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:12:26 am by Mercury Wells » Logged

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:34:05 am »

May I ask what one does when ones opponent does not behave like a cad as expected.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 04:32:23 pm »

Try figuring out why he's identified as a villain in the first place. Could be he's being used as a pawn. Could be he has tried legetimate methods and failed to find one that works? Could just be someone kicked his puppy or something. Keep in mind very few of these people think they truely are evil. Most think they're trying to help the world in their own twisted ways. However always be on guard since many of the more invintive ones /will/ try recruiting you. So count on your friends judgement on if you're acting not quite like yourself.

*sigh*

Anyone else keep a trophy room? Could use some advice on making sure these things don't end up pulling themselves together into some giant killbot of doom or something and smash my house.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
Tovath
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 04:05:23 pm »

invest in a proper security system.If you don't have the time or know how to build one yourself then there are several reputable companies that can build one for you.

What do you do if the Well-intentioned extremist you are fighting actually has a good point?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:07:25 pm by Tovath » Logged
Will Howard
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 04:29:00 pm »

So fire away at Will (not at me you silly Heroes, at Will  Wink ).

Youse gots sometin' 'gainst me, Mercury?  Do I need to call Guido?

"I'm a Barbarian by choice, not ancestry..."
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 06:58:28 pm »

* a shot whistles across the room*

Well, did I get him?

*recocks his Gentleman's pump-action walking-cane(tm) in readiness*

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
pakled
Zeppelin Captain

Minions Local 305, at your thervice!

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 07:18:16 am »

Perhaps villains, as the purveyors of fun, hold more interest than heroes, who are in the business of suppression of fun...Wink They can't sleep, knowing that someone, somewhere, is having a good time...Wink

mwhahaha...Wink
Tovath
Deck Hand

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 01:45:48 am »

Somehow I doubt that.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 04:02:06 pm »

Sad the villain's thread seems more civilized. Not even past the first page and people are shooting at eachother and hurling insults.

Now then. Let's Just Say you manage to woo the charming daughter/femme fatal/henchwoman prime/etc of your villain of choice. 1. She turned on her old mentor/father/caretaker/employer/etc 2. she might not necessarily be all that trustworthy and 3. she hasn't quite shown the sort of heroic bend you were hoping.

What do you do? I mean you can't just turn the poor lass away since she either has nowhere to go or, if she truly is unrepentant, might actually become a villain in her own right.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 04:23:15 pm »

Get her a first class education. As her sponsor you can encourage the young lady to develop her social awareness without a) having to rescue her from her own inexperience. or b) Having to be rescued yourself.
She may become a creator of devices for foiling evil plots. Or perhaps find her vocation as a teacher and educate future heroes in the common machinations of the villain/villains she formerly associated with.
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 07:32:47 pm »

Chaps, we don't need another hero. We don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the Thunderdome...

We Don't Need Another Hero HD Special Edition - Tina Turner
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:43:10 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 07:51:24 pm »

Well, apparently this lass still seeks one..

Holding Out for a Hero- Bonnie Tyler (Lyrics)

caramelwhistle
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Reductio ad Absurdum

caramelwhistle
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 12:23:07 am »

* a shot whistles across the room*

Good job that wasn't "I shot whistles across the room"... I wouldn't like that at all,

Join Steampunk: Milton Keynes and Northampton
Find Us on: MeetupFacebook and Twiter

Attended Events: Steampunk at the Seaside 2013 + 2014
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 12:51:54 pm »

Manners Ladies and Gentlemen, always remember your manners.  Your fellows are not your targets. 

Whilst I appreciate enthusiasm, I know it isn't heroic to jeer or gloat, so how does a well mannered Hero/Heroine
celebrate a stunning victory against a fiendish foe.
Tovath
Deck Hand

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 04:33:44 pm »

I beg your forgiveness if I have been less than polite, It was not my intention to be.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 05:27:08 pm »

I do have a bit of a.. er... Situation. Best way to deal with mind control? I don't like the idea or the possibility someone, who might or might not actually be a friend of mine I don't know anymore, working for some two bit tinpot, get caught, claim his brains were scrambled, then get caught again by some OTHER tinpot.

On the one hand I know it's possible to 'come back' from it. On the other it's too convenient to be a skuzzbucket for a weekend then claim someone's hypno ray is at fault. Worse. I end up feeling guilty over the whole matter on the off chance that ISN'T just an excuse.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 06:56:59 am »

*Throws his spontoon 'hawk*
DAMN! Missed again.
*smirks, as its actually no accident that he missed*

OK, so I'm more of an anti-hero.

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 10:08:07 am »

Antihero, quite possibly, antisocial, most definitely.

To the chap whose associate is so susceptible to the villains control. 
State that his loyal attempts to help you have made him a target for the nefarious and you could not in all conscience allow such a good friend to be endangered again.  Insist that his health is too fragile and your friendship too precious for you to involve him in your further adventures. 
Tovath
Deck Hand

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 10:14:03 pm »

Well it would depend on which type of mind control he was under. If you can't find out from the villains lair (I know those have a tendency to blow up after defeating the villain), then ask him what he remembers. In most cases their memory should be spotty for the time period that they were being controlled.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 03:21:09 pm »

Deleted.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:58:36 am by Mercury Wells » Logged
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 03:35:55 pm »

I say, where did you all go, is there a heroic quest that I didn't hear about?
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 07:14:51 pm »

... so how does a well mannered Hero/Heroine celebrate a stunning victory against a fiendish foe.

Take the quite time to *Run like Hell* There be another problem to deal with soon.

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Koenig
Officer

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 02:19:10 am »

Rust:

Dear ask a hero, What are some of the best ways to acquire information about villains and other would be  threats to society without raising suspicion? Strange things have been happening around Steam Town lately, and I intend to get the bottom of it (Preferably, still alive and well!)
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 06:25:45 am »

Inn's and Taverns are a great source of information. Drink is a wonderful lubricant.
walking stick
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 09:51:03 am »

You should invest in a personal tankard whose contents cannot be seen by those around you.  Thus you can drink less than the regular tavern denizens without giving offence. Further, if you are the type of hero who does not indulge in alcohol, your tankard will hide this fact nicely. The landlord won't mind if you still buy like a heavy drinker.  Use the excess to top up your new friends. They will get drunk, you will get them to talk.

You may also get into a few fights. It is unlikely that your opponents will fight fair.  Pay for the damage and give the confiscated weapons to the tavern keeper.  Buy plenty of drink for your erstwhile opponents (it won't matter who won) and give the staff generous tips. Remember those pouring the drinks may be your best source of information.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: