The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 22, 2021, 04:42:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 111652 times)
frances
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 06:12:29 pm »

I've discovered chocolate chai.  .Iit is made by whittards and is a mixture of cocoa and herbs.  It tastes and smells a bit like mulled wine.
citizen_erased
Zeppelin Captain
Netherlands Netherlands

kojitmal
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 06:44:28 pm »

I've discovered chocolate chai.  .Iit is made by whittards and is a mixture of cocoa and herbs.  It tastes and smells a bit like mulled wine.

As someone who loves both chocolate and chai, I only have this response: WHERE DO I GET THAT

What made me happy is that I`m experimenting on baking, and so far it`s turning out good! I`m making an apple-cinnamon-honey cake, that`s both sugar and dairy free, and though the batter is horrible and sticky and impossible, the cake is rising good and smelling good. Now all I can do is make sure it doesn`t burn, and hope it also tastes good.

Sometimes I vlog: www.youtube.com/realkojitmal
(I even once did a steampunk related video!)

There`s a blog too: http://kojitmal.wordpress.com
DreamHazard
Demoted Temporal Cheat
Steam Aficionado

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 09:50:36 pm »

Three things beginning with S: Star Wars, Sleep, and Sherlock.

Also I remodelled my workspace so I have loads more room Cheesy

Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 11:43:19 pm »

Sleep,

THIS. EVERY SINGLE SECOND THIS.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Major Wolfram Quicksilver
Zeppelin Overlord

If you can't make a mistake you can't make a thing

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 12:02:21 am »

A jaunt to The National Railways Museum in York, with excellent company.  Also overhearing one parent describing us to their little darling: "Well, they're dressed up like that because...erm..."
Two of the group going 'Steampunk Public' for the first time, and coping very well with Joe Public. 
Lots of positive public, and lots of people actually knowing what steampunk is.

'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 12:08:57 am »

Booze.  Lots of booze.  Then again, I'd be a whole lot happier if this damn hip fracture wasn't such an issue, and if my damn stitches would stay CLOSED...  But the point is, Booze, Video Games, pr0n, and my music gear, all make me very, VERY happy.

Particularly my shiny new Phase Shifter pedal (Akai, for them what keep track of such things).  Gives me a very unique hollow sound (couple that with my hollow body guitar [Ibanez AK95D] running in the Neck Pickup, and my D'Addario .11s?  yeah) that is PERFECT for my brand of jazz.

Once I get this damn recording program to work without crashing (trying to run 32 bit in 64 bit, and the program was never intended to run on Windows 7), and I'll have new music up, and may even start a new YouTube Channel!

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
frances
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 01:15:50 am »

Hi citizen erased,

"As someone who loves both chocolate and chai, I only have this response: WHERE DO I GET THAT"

This is chocolate herbal tea.  The bits are very big so you need a strainer of some sort else you get a mouthful of herbs.  In England we have a chain of shops called 'Whittards' that sell all sorts of tea and tea-making paraphernalia.  I presume that they have an on-line presence.  Hope that you find them.
Seaton Begg
Snr. Officer

Anarcho-Dadaist

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 09:21:25 am »

Listening to the new Dexys album before going to work has put a smile on my face Cheesy

We shall bewilder the masses with seams in our trousers that could cut paper, trilbies angled so rakishly that traffic comes to a standstill; and by refusing the bland, watery substances that are foisted upon us by faceless corporations, we shall bring the establishment to its knees.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 10:07:30 am »

The Alan Parsons Project makes me happy.

I can't even begin to say how sorry I am I didn't get into them before now. 

I mean, I've always dug on "Sirius/Eye in the Sky," but DUDE...

This music, it's like... 

Wow.
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 10:11:06 am »

Carnaval is only a fortnight away! And I made plans for the carnaval days. Monday watching a parade, with some minor drinking involved. Tuesday 11 bars tour,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
heavy drinking involved.

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:07 pm »

I got into a debate tonight with some folks about wether AI will by it's own course achieve cognizance or if it's something that we'd have to try to instill, and even then it might not be possible.

I ended up making some very interesting arguments. Jungian and Freudian psych meets epistemology and metaphysics. and came to some interesting revelations about what the future may hold in that area.

At the very least I came up with a story idea about the purpose of life and the desires of droids.

When mentioning it to friends be got nerd play talking about Kamelion from the whoverse. Data from trek, and which I made a Lal/Lol joke. and make even more rather interesting points about cultural bias and perspective on roles in life.

Nerdy, goofy and profound. That's how I like my evenings.

When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 12:21:05 pm »

https://soundcloud.com/xenososullivan/regular-army-o

For anyone that cares for such things...

It ain't nothing but a rough demo recorded between computer crashes.  I enjoy it, though, and I think I did a pretty decent job of it.

For them what care, it's an Aria AD-75 (an acoustic guitar I affectionately call "the Hot Guitar," because we speculate it's been stolen a few times) for both the rhythm and the lead.  The instruments AND vocals were both recorded with the Blue Mics Eyeball 2.0 USB Mic, using a Watchmen "Bloody Doomsday" sew on patch as a pop filter.  The DAW I'm running is Cakewalk Music Creator 4 (which is why there are so many crashes-I'm running the 64-Bit Windows 7, it was made for 32-Bit Windows XP-I just don't have the $50 to upgrade yet!).
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 04:16:26 pm »

A customer on my etsy shop has restored my faith in humanity. 

At my "real" job I constantly deal with tourists who have no respect for anyone other than themselves.  Had a guy yesterday who stood and looked at model boats made in a Chinese factory and informed a friend that he was just so impressed at people who make things.  This is of while he had is back turned to the guy who was painstakingly reproducing a Civil War era civilian cap.  Not sure if it was intentional or if the guy just assumed I was some sort of an idiot who was simply playing with a smart phone.  (I was accused of surfing the internet by a customer....the whole time I had been sewing gloves.  And every time she came by I put them down and got to the computer to take her order....but then she'd walk away and I'd go back to the gloves.  In fact if I used the internet at work, even for a customer, I'd be fired due to the virus problem we had recently.  My coworkers were all furious about this because they had seen me all day sewing.)  That is a normal day at work.  I will mention something related to the Civil War and get asked which college I am going to.  My usual response is, I graduated 2 years ago, thanks to this crappy economy I'm not going to be walking with you to give you a tour, in fact, nobody is.  About 5 years ago, your average person at the front desk was either still in college or never went.  Now....two of my co-workers are graduates.  Needless to say, a lot of tourists do not realize this and at times seem to go out of their way to belittle you. 

So what made me happy today.  I have been having a wool problem.  Found a wool in the right color the other day and it turned out to be polyester.  I knew my customer was getting the item for a reenactor, so I looked elsewhere.  Finally today I settled on a good wool.  I messaged them that their order was taking longer than expected to complete and they were overjoyed that I was going out of my way to make sure I did things right.  It made feel very good inside.  This is what I want, I don't care how hard I have to work, I just want to feel like I am something other than a servant.

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler
bassspine
Snr. Officer

inventor of Castrol-R aftershave

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 04:44:53 pm »

My Vyxie steampunk artist- I'm moving into her Brunel built tower flat with her- we have set up a studio and workshop where we can do art and invent together, and it is fantastic to create together  Cheesy

Bwahahaha! They called me mad! MAD! But with my cross-dimensional time-fez I'll show them!!!!! hehehehe!!
Lady Toadflinger
Snr. Officer

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 12:56:26 am »

Xenos, Be SURE to listen to Alan Parson Project's "Tales of Mystery and Imagination", inspired by (of course) the works of E.A. Poe. It is fantastic!
My happy is this: A JOB INTERVIEW!!!!! I have an interview later this week for a Dog Trainer job at a "Dog Resort". (boarding kennel) Whooohooo! Wish me luck!
Also, after fighting with my computer for five minutes, it deigned to print the job app I need to fill out before the interview. Wow!

This isn't the Junior Chamber of Commerce, Brad!
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 04:15:46 pm »

Best of luck Lady Toadfinger!

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 04:30:47 pm »

Slowly re-gaining my voice after cold and flu for two weeks.

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Octavius von Gilgamesh
Immortal
Australia Australia

Captain of the Ariadne's Sorrow

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 10:20:20 pm »

After 4 days of searching, turning the house upside-down, I finally located my missing goggles. Turns out they were in a box under the bed which I had totally forgotten about.

May the gods stand between you and harm, in all the empty places where you must walk.
DreamHazard
Demoted Temporal Cheat
Steam Aficionado

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 11:48:51 pm »

My dad's home from respite, and he was glad that I pinched a sofa from the living room because now he has more space Smiley

Sheffield on Thursday too \o/
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2013, 03:30:15 am »

Home from work, school's wrapped up, and all I have left to do is eat dinner, watch the tele for a bit, and get ready for the match Saturday (if I can make it to this one).
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2013, 01:25:36 pm »

We live in this house for more than 5 years, but we still get mail for the former owner. At least, just one company keeps sending one mail a year. The thing that makes me happy is that the mail is a coupon for €17,50 free shopping at a hardware store.  Grin
"thank you for your cooperation, hope to do more buisiness this year."
Lady Toadflinger
Snr. Officer

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 03:43:37 am »

Bicyclebuilder,
We have had this PO Box for 16 years, and every year we get property tax statements for someone else! At first we wrote "Not at this box number" on the envelopes and sent them back to the county, but, after three or four years of this, we just got tired and gave up! The county tax office people are slow learners! Huh
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 05:58:53 am »

I've had a landline for nearly a year now, and I still get calls for the former owner-Joseph and Josephine (Last Name).  Kind of annoying, to be honest.  But it's funny.

Anyway, what makes me happy today:

I have a new Leatherman Wingman Multi-Tool.  Not the most expensive in their line, and not the best (that'd be the Wave), but it does what I need it to, and it does it damn well.  It's tough, dependable, and fits nice in my hand.

A welcome addition to my EDC.
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

At the helm of the Frumious Bandersnatch

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2013, 06:32:41 am »

Took a radio out to the Shooting Brake today and found that the van box is not the Faraday cage I thought it would be.  I didn't have to run an antenna outside, which makes me happy.

Now to sort the brakes (air chamber leak) and we will be back on the road.  I may be able to go 10-wheeling next week sometime!  Yaaaay!

Chas.

Captain Sir Charles A. Lyerly, O.B.T.
Soldier of Fortune and Gentleman Adventurer
wire: captain_lyerly, at wire office "Yahoo dot Qom"

"You'd think he'd learn."
"Heh! De best minions neffer do!"
Professor Phineas Brownsm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2013, 08:21:07 pm »

Having a chat with little man this morning! (He is almost saying daddy fantastic!).

Going for a beer with a friend now!!! This makes me happy!

Experimental Master Brewer - The Infamous Ginger Brau Emporium
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: