The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 19, 2021, 01:31:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YET MORE things that made you happy today!  (Read 111625 times)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2450 on: March 27, 2016, 08:53:20 am »

Not so much something that made me happy as much as something that made me laugh:

BBC's Nicholas Barber has this to say in his review on the new Batman vs Superman movie:

Here [Batman] at last is the sadistic, fascistic, half-crazed vigilante that comics fans have been waiting for... Superman doesn’t do much except frown in a constipated sort of way, and then disappear into the sky. Much of his dialogue consists of sonic booms

Grin

Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery (they/them)

« Reply #2451 on: March 27, 2016, 02:45:41 pm »

We are seriously discussing to get a goat.

And call it Bobby

I struggle and arise
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #2452 on: March 27, 2016, 03:29:20 pm »

We are seriously discussing to get a goat.

And call it Bobby

The goat is good. You will be able to sell her milk, and knit shawls.

But be careful, she may eat everything that comes her way, such as a treasure map.

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Flightless Phoenix
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2453 on: March 29, 2016, 07:09:25 pm »

Bobby is a cute name!

I'm not a fan of goat milk because of a bad experience when I was a kid. My aunt got goat milk from her neighbour, but one day the goat escaped from the garden and got into a field full of brussel sprouts. The milk then tasted exactly like sprouts... Not good on my cereal!! So just be warned - strong flavoured food affects the milk!!

I think I need to overcome the negative association though because my friend showed me how to make fresh goats cheese recently and it's so much easier than I thought and tastes great!

cemeteryresearcher.com

'a lighthearted academic blog about funerary practice' - Updates Sundays*

*gremlins permitting
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery (they/them)

« Reply #2454 on: March 29, 2016, 09:34:16 pm »

Bobby is a cute name!

I'm not a fan of goat milk because of a bad experience when I was a kid. My aunt got goat milk from her neighbour, but one day the goat escaped from the garden and got into a field full of brussel sprouts. The milk then tasted exactly like sprouts... Not good on my cereal!! So just be warned - strong flavoured food affects the milk!!

I think I need to overcome the negative association though because my friend showed me how to make fresh goats cheese recently and it's so much easier than I thought and tastes great!

ah, we won;t have milk. we will only get one, and it will be a small one. its main 'purpose' will be keeping the grass lawn tidy.
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack

« Reply #2455 on: March 30, 2016, 05:39:31 am »

got a book in the mail today: "40 power tools you can make"
coloring with a toddler
found out I likely don't have lupus, Lyme disease, sjogrens, gauchers or sarcoidosis.

When an explosion explodes hard enough, the dust wakes up and thinks about itself.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #2456 on: March 30, 2016, 06:44:18 pm »

My niece!

James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2457 on: March 30, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »

I've become an official member of the 567 supporter's club. 

http://www.gcr567loco.co.uk/

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #2458 on: March 30, 2016, 07:22:43 pm »

Bought the first of the domains I need for my business plan, that and written many, many words.

Getting behind a new idea makes me happy!
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #2459 on: March 30, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »

Spent a few hours in the workshop welding up the chassis for a new 5" gauge wagon.
Nice to see some bits come together.....

If brute force does not work....you´re not using enough of it.
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #2460 on: April 01, 2016, 12:26:27 am »

Maets, one to be proud of!
What is the ballet? and the company?
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #2461 on: April 07, 2016, 06:17:41 pm »

My car passed it's MOT. And since I sorted out my insurance renewal last week, I'm now officially roadworthy for 12 months (or rather 6 months until my tax is due).

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Sir Henry
Zeppelin Captain

Poking the i's and drinking the t's

« Reply #2462 on: April 08, 2016, 09:14:09 am »

Technically last night, but it's still making me happy today: while lying in the bath, admiring the krakens, I realised that, being the most brainy of all detectives, Sherlock Holmes was really a cephaloplod.

[not sorry] Grin Grin Grin

I speak in syllabubbles. They rise to the surface by the force of levity and pop out of my mouth unneeded and unheeded.
Cry "Have at!" and let's lick the togs of Waugh!
Arsed not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for tea.
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2463 on: April 08, 2016, 09:47:11 am »

Actually losing weight instead of just whining about it :')

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
The Bullet
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #2464 on: April 08, 2016, 12:16:19 pm »

Bought a very rare (but run-down) Märklin SZ970 tinplate railcar.
Got it at less than half the price for units in this condition.
Refurbishing did not take too long.
Someone hat removed the rear wheels and put a new rear axle in front of the old one to shorten the wheelbase. The prop was damaged, driving shaft missing, loco wheels were fitted (with counterweights), the whole body and latticework was bent.
The clockwork was full of dirt but still running. It just needed a good clean and a few drops of oil.

Had an enjoyable time fixing it.
I put it back into its original condition with matching wheels, new (old) prop,...
Nice to see the old toy run again.

Here´s a pic of a similar one:

I fixed it but will not repaint. this would spoil the patina and all the dents and scratches tell a story.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:18:29 pm by The Bullet » Logged
Keith_Beef
Snr. Officer
France France

« Reply #2465 on: April 08, 2016, 09:44:01 pm »

Went to the garden centre with my daughter. Bought twelve small tomato plants, four big bags of earth (the soil where I live is pretty poor and sandy), some very sturdy folding crates and some other stuff.

Got to the checkout and pointed out to the boy that there were four of those big bags, but didn't really check on what he was doing with the barcode scanner.

Loaded things into the car and gave the receipt a quick look over.

Three bags of earth… no sturdy folding crates.

Total saving of the things not totted up: about €50.  Grin

--
Keith
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2466 on: April 09, 2016, 01:48:42 am »

Actually losing weight instead of just whining about it :')

Good to see you are still around Lady Ava (or not so round as the case may be...  Wink ), been a while since I've seen you posting here. This makes me happy also.  Smiley

So my "Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy" for today is that I think one of my neighbours has moved out of the street (or is in the process of) as I spotted a removals company van outside the house a couple of days ago, their door wide open and all the curtains taken down at the windows. Also no lights in their house for last 24hrs.

"They" being the neighbours who earned my ire and focus of my sociopathic side, due to the snotty passive aggressive note they left under my car wiper blade last Christmas.

A pity - I wasn't even trying yet...   Grin  HEH, HEH, HEH, HEEeeeehhhhh!!!......

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2467 on: April 09, 2016, 04:18:12 am »

I second on the nice feeling of seeing Lady A back, it's good to see long time members come back and visit and it's always good seeing others happy.

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2468 on: April 09, 2016, 09:26:57 am »

Today I'm happy because I got my titbit steps in yesterday, then you lot were pleased to see me back! Hurray!
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2469 on: April 10, 2016, 06:09:00 pm »

Yesterday we went on a journey. The mining of peat. Rode on a narrow gauge railway.

Today went to the Moscow festival of Star Wars, got an autograph of Boba Fett.
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #2470 on: April 11, 2016, 02:20:34 am »

I have a smart kid. He is being recognized in a ceremony for havinging one of the top seventh grade scores on the ACT in the state, which is a test high schoolers take for college admissions. Seventh grade kids are selected by the Duke University Talent Search program to take it.  It is going to open up opportunities for him, such as summer programs, possible scholarships, and who knows what else... I am so proud of him!

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Banfili
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

« Reply #2471 on: April 11, 2016, 12:35:13 pm »

ForestB, what grand news - I can see the pride from here!

My good stuff - delivered a slightly belated birthday present to a friend a couple of hours down the freeway. A mountain dulcimer (the next 20 years worth of presents in one lot!). She loved it, and when wasn't playing it sat and looked at it with a silly grin on her face! It's a grand thing when a present hits the mark! Grin
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2472 on: April 11, 2016, 09:26:01 pm »

Went to the first night of a magic show that's on for the season in Blackpool and one of the illusions being used is one my husband made and then sold several years ago; spoke to the magicians afterwards and they were very complimentary, saying what a beautiful illusion it is. (And I must admit it did look good on stage - I'd never actually seen it being used as I was always inside it when we performed it!)

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
rovingjack
Zeppelin Admiral

https://youtube.com/c/RovingJack

« Reply #2473 on: April 12, 2016, 07:30:39 am »

got together with a friend I'd not seen in a few years, saw Deadpool. The movie was a good movie. The character was a bit more lucid and sane in areas but I suppose one needed to do that in order to hold a narrative and progress a plot, so I get it. It was a fun action comedy.

Then I spent a good 2-3 hours just chatting about deep stuff with somebody whose up for that kind of talking. It's really nice to be able to discuss topics with somebody who doesn't shy away from pondering things deeply.
morozow
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2474 on: April 12, 2016, 12:05:01 pm »

April 12 - cosmonautics Day.

55 years ago, Gagarin became the first man to go into space.

We have this holiday.And I'm happy.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: