The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 20, 2020, 03:53:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Birds of Paradise Game Thread: Episode 1 (The Mysterious Prototype)  (Read 20046 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2013, 12:09:46 am »

"Kendall Alcott. I'm in Finance with Grimstock LTD, and I'm an alternate warhawk pilot (That sonded impressive, but in fact all Grimstock employees were required to serve a certain mumber of hours in rotation as either pilots or ground support staff)." Kendall shook the hand offered, and took a place at the table, sipping the water left by the waiter, and perusing the menu. The butt of the Mannlicher in his shoulder holster made a slight bulge under his jacket.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:53:43 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2013, 11:29:01 am »

A couple of thousand miles of ocean and sky away there lay the island home of the Empire of Japan. An archipelago of huge Islands, it was nonetheless heavily overpopulated, despite even conscripted immigration to the newly-captured territories in Manchuria, and huge thousands of people having joined the military to further that conquest and begin new ones. To keep order in their empire, the government used every method at its disposal, including enlisting the aid of its famous sects of assassins. Most plied their notorious trade for the simple honor of duty to the Empire, but some , such as the Onihama, the Youkai Ninja, had little love for the empire, or humans in general. Thus it was that Obuna, the patriarch of the village and Sensei, Master, of the sect of the Ninja ways, was now held prisoner in his own house. Armed guards from the army kept watch over him day and night, and his movements were restricted to prevent his escape and that of his people. That did not mean that they were powerless in the grip of their captors, however.

A visitor graced Obuna's Living Chamber this evening. One of the sect's functionaries, by all outward appearances save for frighteningly deep-red eyes, sat in his traditional kimono, his sword by his side, as he participated in teh ancient ritual of teh tea ceremony. The formalities finally over, the guards' fears of untoward activity allayed by the monotony, there began a conversation without spoken words, conducted during a boring discourse on the state of rice rationing that was spoken aloud as a kind of diversion. The unspoken conversation was conducted through the positioning of fingers, body tilting, and movements of limbs and facial areas,and was more rich in detail and content than the most eloquent speech by mouth.

"And how fares the rationing of this month's alloment?" Obuna asked in polite tones, while his fingers and limb positioning asked, Is the dispatched one in place?.

The Distribututional Functionary (who was also secretly the Master of Operatives) tilted his head to one side, then turned his head and coughed, once. He then turned his face back to that of his lord, and replied, verbally, "All is well, Lord; the portions were equal where equality was required, there was no spoilage, and the people are well-satisfied. Hai, verily, Lord, she  has taken the position of entertainer, and provides her own provisioning as per your order. The positioning of the fingers of his left hand on the tea bowl, combined with his earlier movements,  served together to deliver the message.

"That is well! And I trust thatyour family fares well despite the famine, then?" Good. Perhaps soon we will no longer be required to let these lackeys thinnk they have us immurrede beyond possibility of escape

"How can we do else? we owe it to the rest of the village to show a good example!" Is it truly possible? Great Lord, please be careful, what shall we do without you? Still, it would be good to eat the livers of a few of these clueless idiots instead of simply letting then have the upper hand.

"Let us continue to set that perfect example.  Is the tea to your liking?" Please to wait patiently for a time, old friend. and do not worry, if they kill me, you have my permission to lea dteh people from this placde and seek employment among their enemies.

One guard said to another, hearing the almost-too-civil discussion on the other side of a rice-paper screen, "I just don't know. It sounds like there's nothing ominous being said, you know?"

"Yeah, but you never know with Youkai."

"You really go in for that kinda stuff? Mum always said that the Youkai were just a bunch of myths, for scaring children to bed with."

"Search me..."

---------------
Not to be outdone, Sabre and Al took to the dance floor, and Kendall found a pretty little redhead with seemingkly boundless energy to dance with, after he dropped the menu back on teh table. The three couples, Donna and Amir,  Sabre and Al, and The redhead and Kendall, took turns doing cameo routines while the other dancers looked on and shouted encouragement...

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2013, 07:12:33 pm »

Donna looked at Amir and smiled holing out her hand. "Come on Sultan. Let's see if your fancy feet can keep up with mine."  She whirled both of them out on the dance floor in the middle of the swirling colors.  Donna was just south of rapture as she moved to the music. The reason for the slit in her skirt became eventide as she added steps she learned from carnival in Brazil.  Wide sweeps and strides that would have been imposable otherwise. They were attracting looks from the other dancers and Donna basked in them.  She might be good in the air but on the dance floor she was a downright ace.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

Why do living things need feelings?

« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2013, 09:10:27 pm »

Amir seemed nervous for a moment as he attempted to keep up with Donna. He hadn't exactly rehearsed his Brazilian dance much before tonight, so he had to take a moment to get used to them. These moves were hot, and with such a savvy girl leading him through, he quickly got up to step and was able to keep up, the beat screaming in his ears, and the tempo making his heels click. When he was still for more than a beat, one could notice him bobbing up and down, clicking his heels on the floor with the beat. He got into a groove and kept with it, following Donna's lead in confident stride. He let his hat tilt forward slightly, masking his eyes in smooth confidence, yet knowing the slightest blunder could mess everything up. Once, as he rocked her back, he tilted his hat up and gave a sly smirk, before tilting his hat back down and continuing with the dance.

The entire time, he had this feeling like knives thrown by wandering eyes, adding to the weight on his nerves. Some sort of calling out to him he couldn't shake. Tonight, however, he had an excellent lady in his arms on the dance floor, one he'd chased for quite some time. He wouldn't let such a magnificent opportunity be wasted by curiosity.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2013, 09:49:23 pm »

After a few more songs as much as Donna hated to stop her mouth was dry and she was fairly certain her nose needed a powder.  She eased them back off the dance floor as a slower song started.  "Care to buy a lady a drink?  I am parched."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2013, 10:35:03 pm »

"What would ya like, m'dear? Martini? Scotch? I got the dime to buy ya the finest wine right about now." Amir placed his hand on his chest, out of breath from the constrictive bandages. He pulled three wallets out of his pocket, one with American Dollars, one with Hispanic Pesos, and another with Qajar Tomans. He was running low on Tomans, as he didn't get paid much in Tomans, and whenever he had a fellow Arab onboard, they preferred to trade in Tomans or Sultani. Being a man from the Qajar Empire, he tended to have Tomans on hand. He had a good amount of cash in dollars and pesos on hand, so he'd likely be able to pay up. "I keep my cash organized so I don't accidentally pay hundreds 'a dollars for summin' worth the same number in pesos."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2013, 11:24:37 pm »

Donna made a elegant slouch in the chair giving her back a bit of a rest.  She wondered of the wing pack had given her bruises again. "I would like a Caipiroshka or a vodka on the rocks with limes and a little sugar if the barman looks at you funny when you ask. Thank you."  She turned to the others at the table and smiled.  "It has been far too long since we all cut a rug like this."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2013, 03:43:07 am »

What? A Kaip--cah--capper-- A what now? Amir had never heard of that before."A caipiroska?" he confirmed, faultily attempting to pronounce the name. Hopefully, it was a forgivable blunder, because Amir had a hard time pronouncing it. As if English wasn't hard enough to learn, now he has to learn all sorts of other languages. He gave her a nod and strode off towards the bar, taking a mental note on learning more about mixed drinks. He, of course, would have himself an absinthe and punch, as a shot of straight absinthe tended to knock small people on their ass, but he liked absinthe because it reminded him of the arak back home. He also liked the rich flavor of fruit punch, so he always had the two mixed al dente.

Reaching the bar, Amir leaned on the counter and looked towards the floor, while a bead of sweat dropped from his brow. "A "caipiroska" an' absinthe in punch." He, again, failed to say the word correctly. It was unknown if it was because of this, or because the tender knew nothing of what it was, but he seemed perplexed. "Come again?" "Vodka on ice, with a lime, 'n' a touch 'a sugar." "No, I meant, what's a fella like you doing, asking for absinthe. You're a bit small for it." "I'm Arabic. I been drinkin' arak since I was old enough. I can handle my liquor, don't worry." He shot the tender a look and tipped his hat. Not exactly what he expected. Then he realized the tender was Hispanic. "An Arab, hm? Where you hail from, 'en?" "Qajar. Never really stood in one place, though. You seem like you're from South America, though. Where from?" "Brazil. Name's Arie. And you?"

Arie. Arie? Arie!

"That's your last name, ain't it? Your cousins here, y'know." "Which one?" "Donna?" "Well, hot damn, tell her it's on the house, hope you're good company for her." This man knew it was Donna's drink without Amir having to tell him. "You two must be close." Donna's cousin smiled and handed him the drinks. "Your drink's gonna cost you though." "Ah, I'll lend you a tip." Amir laid a flat hundred and took the drinks without another word.

"Guess who's tending the bar here. Ain't this place supposed 'a be Oriental? He must be moonlightin' as a Filipino." He laid the transparent tan drink in front of Donna before seating himself in front of her with his absinthe and punch. "Another one o' your cousins I met, and hot damn, they all seem like nice lads."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:34:52 am by Automatonicalitivity » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2013, 06:19:36 am »

She took a sip of her drink and smiled.  "It must be Davi. No one else can mix this the same way grandma used to.  There is a saying in my family if you end up anywhere that has bigger flying machines than a kite and you will find an Arie. if you met grandma you would understand how we didn't end up like a pack of dogs.  All it takes is a look from her and a wave of her ladle to put the fear of god in to you."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2013, 07:11:08 am »

"So, what have we here? A cowboy here on our home in teh middle of the ocean? How intriguing!" The surprisingly cultured, yet still asian-accented (it was only that, an accent that hovered tenaciously between chinese and Japanese, giving in completely to neither) voice of the house band's singer spoke suddenly at Amir's elbow, as the band struck up a generic instrumental number so thatthe patrons would have a chance to consume their recently-brought meals.

"It seems that here, East meets West often," Meri said, smiling attractively. No trace could be seen of her fangs; She was by all outward appearances a Chinese-featured Eurasian girl of extraordinary, sensual beauty. Taller than a true japanese, shorter than a caucasian, her height nonetheless appeared to match that of Amir. her translucent=-seeming, youthful porcelain skin, which would be the envy of any asian girl, shone alluringly in the glow of teh clubs subdued lighting and tabletop candles, as her incredibly black hair threw off both blue and reddish lights. "I'm Merovingia, Meri for short. Pardon this one's forwardness, please, but may I have your next dance?"

A group of young rakes who had followed her across the dance floor and over to the Steel Birds' table groaned audibly in unison, a veritable choir of dashed hopes. Perverts! she thought with a flash of anger, but she managed to hide the emotion well enough.
---
Sabre, who had spent a lifetime using skills both innate and taught to read people, both for her espionage work and for her corporate life, recognized the subtle clues and tells that said that young Meri found the gaggle of lustful goose-fools irritating in the extreme, though the girl his it with a frankly incredible ease. Sabre added to her admiration of the girl's beauty a newfound respect for what appeared to be her character, tarnished only slightly by her forwardness in asking Amir for a dance, instead of the more socially-acceptably demure "one forward move" favored by most girls in the current age. She was obviously an experienced girl, though, Sabre could tell. Well, so was she; it would be hypocritical to look down on Meri for qualities that Sabre prized in herself. Just better be sure Al doesn't get drawn in, she mnight be a real threat, she thought to herself.

"Don't worry, Ladyduck," Al said as he covered her hand with his, the warmth of his grip sending a thrill up her spine. How does he do that? she wondered, affection bringing a comely pale shade of rose to her cheeks. "I'm with you, no matter what other hens pop up in the pond."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2013, 06:52:18 pm »

He looked the part of a cowboy, apparently. Well, in all fairness, that wasn't an unfair statement. He was openly armed with a revolver - albeit, an English one - wore a riding jacket, and just bought a new stetson. All he was missing were Cuban-heeled boots and a bandanna about his neck. Though his features showed his heritage as an Arab, he apparently still seemed a cowboy. "Cowboy, eh? Not much into 'at stuff, but I suppose I look the part. Meri, is it? Name's Amir--" Holy crap, she's hot! Amir didn't get a close enough glance at her until just now. Her features and pallor screamed Oriental, and her dress exuded exotic. What a poetic thought. "Al'Hassad," he finished, a bit nervous. It was not often that a beautiful, sober woman approached him. Still, though, he was on another mission tonight. Even Amir knew that juggling women was a bad idea. And, she seemed a bit selfless to an extreme, as she didn't refer to herself as I, me, my, mine, or any of that. She called herself "this one". A cultural thing, no doubt. "Maybe just one," he said, falling to the Asian girl's irresistible charm.

He kept one thought in his mind, though. Donna, Donna, Donna, Donna. The girl he'd wished to share a bed with since he met her. Not to mention, he preferred tan girls over pale ones. So, Donna reminded him of one of his ladies back home, while this girl, Meri, reminded him of... papier mache... A good sculpture, and Amir wasn't against chasing white women, but this girl took pale to a whole other level. Still, she seemed like she'd be a good adornment for his bed. That sounded bad in his head, so Amir quickly rectified the thought. She'd be a good partner for some lonely night. Whatever, at least now it sounded like he thought of her as a human, not an object. Yes, he took advantage of women, but that didn't mean he had no respect for them. He also most respected a woman he could bed, and they'd still be on good terms, as friends with benefits are the best friends of all. It is for this reason that Amir did not like Willa so much, of course, she being, perhaps a bit too romantic. Romanticism was nice and all, but... My, was she fanatical.

Amir noted his mind had been rambling and tried to clear his head. His thoughts were drowning out the music how was he supposed to catch the beat like that?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #261 on: February 18, 2013, 11:04:54 pm »

Meri noted the swirling emotive energies coming off of the young aviator a sh half pulled him and half was pulled by him to the dance floor.

Vampires could read minds, yes, but only of their vassals or in some cases their sires. She could sense his turmoil, however and recognized easily through long experience the signs that indicated exactly what kind of turmoil it was. She also could smell his interest, yes, and called it what it was in her head: his lust. All well and good, she could turn this to her advantage, or use him to feed if he tried anything too forward. Men from other cultures always seemed to lean in one of two directions when faced with an 'oriental' woman of average to extreme good looks; that was to say, they either expected the stereotypical inscrutableness, or the rumored hotblooded promiscuity of the backstreet harlots of Shanghai, Singapore or Yokohama.

Meri knew that she could be called hotblooded by ones that she had trusted in the past, but those had been few -- and the majority of those foolhardy enough to try and bed her as a conquest almost invariably turned up the next morning as a drained corpse. She despised perverts and self-avowed 'great lovers.'

"Still, let we two enjoy this dance, and what this night or the nights and days in the future have to offer," she thought, and threw herself into the wild jungle beat of the moment, as the band finally gave in to repeated and heated requests to play Sing Sing Sing one more time. She would have to feed, after this wild night, no matter whether it be this lovely Arabian cowpuncher or whichever backstreet thug decided she was easy meat, but for now she danced like there was nothing in the world but her and Amir and the band...
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #262 on: February 18, 2013, 11:16:37 pm »

There was something about that lady that struck Donna as off.  She was sure it was not jelousy Amir was no more hers than the moon and she was rather unsure she would even want him that way but still somthing nagged at her.  "Lady duck I am going to powder my nose wanna come with?"  Perhaps Sabre could help her figure out what was bothring her.
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #263 on: February 18, 2013, 11:44:14 pm »

"Not tonight. I have another lady I plan on attending to tonight. Maybe some other night, if you find me in less company. But I will indulge you this tonight, if you think me handsome. If 'at's true, color me flattered." He was watching his words, and noticed he had faded his accent. This girl seemed dangerous. He looked first to her eyes, the first thing any Arab notices.

Wait... That color can't be natural... Or is it the light? Allah, please let it be the light This girl was dangerous, he could tell. That color isn't natural. "How're your eyes that hue?" She might say it's the light. That's the first thing he suspects. And she may be telling the truth. But still, the hue always seemed so uneasing, no matter the color of the lights. A white light glimmered on her eye and he knew she wasn't normal. "What are you? Don't worry, I can keep a secret," he asked quietly, as he wouldn't want to expose this woman for something she'd like to keep a secret. "I know you're not albino. Your hair's natural."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2013, 01:37:31 am »

Meri moved in close, teasingly, draping her biceps suggestivelyon Amir's shoulders. She leaned in closer, her voice husky adn edged with the rasp of desire, or so it would appear. Watch yourself, girl, her half-remembered sire's voice caressed the inside of her skull, the memory almost as sharp as an actual sending, Just because he's tasty-looking doesn't mean he's food, not right now, at least. "It runs in the family," she said, then added in a voice that sounded to the ear like the dulcet tones of a siren, but rang in the bones of prey like the subsonic rumble of a predator's hunting growl, yet also carried a strongly-seductive come-hither effect, "There are things in the ancient East that surpass understanding." She suddenly whirled away then, twirling her lithe body to the wild beat, physically taunting Amir to follow...

---
Sabre followed Donna, and said, once they had safely entered the sanctum of the ladies' room, "let me guess; that red-eyed vixen playing Salome-and-the Baptist with Amir, right?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2013, 01:49:08 am »

"Yes I want to thud my chest at her and chase her off like monkeys at home.  I don't even know why.  Amir isn't mine hell no body has been since I lost Lou. She rubb you the wrong way too?" Donna tucked some loose hair back in to place and fought with her urge to pace.
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2013, 02:49:07 am »

This woman was bad news, Amir had decided. She was charming, and irresistible, but, those eyes... Damn, those eyes, they struck fear into him that no woman had done before. "I-I'm sorry, ah..." he grabbed her arms and thrust them to her sides. "I'm afraid I may be gettin' a cramp in my leg. I'm sorry, ya look lovely, but I'm gonna have tah refuse." Red eyes don't run in any family Amir had ever known. He'd met people from all around the world, and never had he seen eyes of that hue. The consternating thing was that she didn't tell him the truth, a simple courtesy to a man who can keep a secret. So he'd return the favor with a lie of his own, in self preservation. This girl was dangerous, and he wasn't in the mood for that. "I'm gonna sit down and rest my leg, maybe it'll settle down."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2013, 08:54:16 am »

Meri caught his sleeve.  She was rather offended, smelling his mistrust; though at the same time, she found the situation somewhat amusing, since in fact if he knew the full story, the man would have every right to be wetting his pants in fright. And that was the sad part as well, she thought. That old man a world and whole orders of reality away who'd nearly done her in (and would have, if she had not become what she did) had been comely too, in a different kind of way. It seemed she always scared away the ones that were interesting. It was sad, and maddening.

A thought had occurred to her; she had received a kind of jumbled sending from far away just then, a hint that something at home was not as it should be, and that things for the village had changed dramatically. Loss, and separation, and a parting of ways; The cursed Nippon were no longer to be their masters, or so the momentary and tenuous link had suggested. So she gently grasped Amir's sleeve. "Forgive this one," she said, a more genuine, sad smile than she had worn in quite a long time making her look both like a sad young flower, and also an impossibly ancient, careworn veteran.

"I cannot deny what you obviously have already guessed. There is more than one kind of family, young one. My eyes do run in a kind of family, a kind that you might find distressing, but still a family. I did not lie, whatever you might think, no, do not look so." She nearly snarled that last bit. "I can smell your fear, and your mistrust. That also I share with my 'family'. You flirted, and so did I. It is not my fault that you cannot handle the game we started," she faltered a bit, but pressed on. "Though, this one cannot blame the rabbit for fearing the tigress. But remember, Mr. Cowboy of Araby," she said with somber humor, adding "I bear you no ill will. Enemies often turn into allies, and you will have need of them soon." She glanced at Al and smiled. "Shiro was a fool. I may return when my efforts will save you and yours."

Merovingia Harper-Chen turned on her heel, as a drifting cloud of cigarsmoke wafted past. Cherry blossom petals, of all things, suddenly swirled in a little pile off to one side -- and then she was gone, a whiff of floral fragrance mixing with the stench of a perfumed cigar all that remained where she had been.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:02:03 am by MWBailey » Logged
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2013, 05:08:36 pm »

Amir was scared, yes, but he was stoic about it. As she spoke, he smirked, glad he got the truth from her - or, at least, a very vague truth. Amir wasn't one to shy away from a game. It seemed she wasn't speaking of the same game he originally thought. His usual game. A new game, how exciting! He couldn't wait to play! A different sort of lust engulfed him, and he couldn't help but lick his lips as she left. "Game on, then, friend."

Amir still wore his smirk as he returned to the table. He sat down, relaxing, and waiting on his lady friends. Indeed, he had a new intention for a pretty lady than he had before. Maybe, if he could make her an ally of the Birds, she'd be great for espionage. Missions would be much easier. But maybe that's not what she meant. She spoke of a man named Shiro. Shiro? His smirk faltered into a frown, and he slammed the table, somewhat gently, so it wouldn't shake too much. "That fop!" he whispered to himself.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2013, 07:13:43 am »

Sabre pulled a teasing comb from her clutch and made a few swipes at a persistently-unruly ringlet bunch at the nape of her neck. Having finally whipped it into submission, she offered the comb to Donna, and answered, "I do feel the competition, yes. Even Al was glancing at her, and he's usually true to a tragic fault." She puckered up and applied a fresh dab of lipstick.

"Something else I noticed: That girl's a swordswoman, and a two-handed one at that; I have similar calluses on my hands to the ones on hers, and after capturing that jap officer's sword, I was reminded of just where those calluses would tend to be if a person uses a katana habitually, and girl, does she ever." Sabre pulled out a compact and dabbed at the sweat centers on her face and then packed up her clutch. "That's all for me, how 'bout you, dear?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2013, 07:54:50 am »

Donna patted herself with blotting paper and dabbed a bit of fragrant oil behind her ears.  "There fresh as a daisy. Lets get back before she tries anything more." She was rather surprised to see Amir looking a little pale. "Are your stitches all right? You look a little rough."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »

"The stitches are fine. In fact, I feel great. A bit riled up, but in a good way. I got a new game to play." He took a drink of his absinthe and punch and shook his head about in reaction to the alcohol. "The punch didn't do much good bringin' that stuff down. Not the usual game either," he finished excitedly. "Y'know 'at fop what cut me up all nice like deli meat? Found out 'is name. Or maybe's 'at ninja. Shiro, I think it was."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2013, 07:49:40 pm »

Donna took another sip of her drink unsure of how she felt about this. He wasn't harmed and she wasn't hanging around any more so why did she feel challenged?  This was stupid, the dance was just a dance like all the others she had filled her nights with. The men were fun distractions for an evening of music cutting in and out with different partners never bothered her before so why now? "I can run that through my business contacts and the rumour mill before we leave tomorrow and I bet there will be at least one interesting thing waiting for us when we get home."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2013, 07:55:54 pm »

Amir smiled and took another drink. "Ah, 's like ambrosia... Anyway, ya said ya'd have a dance with that Kendall fella. Why don't ya give him what ya promised, I'm beat right now."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #274 on: February 20, 2013, 08:24:22 pm »

She downed the rest of her drink. Yes getting back in to the music was a good idea. "Well Kendall you have seen what I can do. You up to a few songs?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: