The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 20, 2020, 03:50:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Birds of Paradise Game Thread: Episode 1 (The Mysterious Prototype)  (Read 20045 times)
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner
United States United States

Gravatar

Why do living things need feelings?

« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2013, 03:55:30 am »

He had an objective. This thing was about to fill up. He had to unveil its secrets before it sunk. He knew it was damaged pretty bad, what with the damn grenade and all that good mess. "Alright, who's first up 'a get a kick in the head?" The Japs who were not abandoning ship were either making an attempt to clear the way debris so they could fly a few more planes before it scuttled, or headed towards Amir to deal with this intruder who would have it otherwise. Some brandished Arisakas, while others drew their blades to deal with this fellow.

"C'mon, this ain't a manly tactic for you Japs. Not that I can't handle ya." An Ensign, green as grass, made a brave, yet stupid thrust at Amir, which he caught in the hook of his right-hand sabre, and then applied torque to disarm the opponent, while following up with a slash from his Main Gauche sabre, slicing the Ensign's throat into a second mouth. "Where's ya Lieutenants? I want a challenge!" A man with three stripes below the loop of his insignia stepped up to the metaphorical plate. "Attack me, or I'll kill ya where ya stand, Cap'n!"

A samurai charge, using both hands and performing a downward slash at his opponent. Amir just dodged to the left and positioned his blade to catch the enemies, and applied torque to disarm the enemy again. He hopped back and brandished his Arisaka, relying on the bayonet. "Ya gonna stand there and watch me flay ya, or are ya gonna strike? Try a thrust, they're hard 'a counter with a bayonet." How insulting! A foreigner schooling a Captain of the IJN in the ways of combat! He charged again, going to stab the chest, when Amir deflected the bayonet with the broad blade of his off-hand sabre. "I've got a tactical advantage," Amir said, before bringing the blade around to decapitate the Captain.

"Anyone else want some!?" A brief pause ensued before a few Ensigns and Sub-Lieutenants all went to strike at the same time. "That's a challenge."

He caught the blade of a Sub-Lieutenant attempting a horizontal slash, and pushed him into an Arisaka-wielding Ensign who was about to make a thrust, impaling him on the bayonet, while another came at him with an upwards strike, deflected with his left sabre, Amir turning around to slice his enemy's arm off, and traumatizing the chest, barely missing the heart, and causing the lung to become inoperable. His blade was stuck in the enemy , so he pulled it out and into another foe's head, cutting slightly through the skull and damaging (thus destroying) the brain. "Who else wants some!?" A Sub-Lieutenant thrust at him from behind with his Arisaka, which was dodged, though Amir's aba was cut slightly. He brought his sword around to bisect the aggressor at the midsection, which scared the other Ensigns to bits. They, and a few Sub-Lieutenants, began to abscond, heading for a life raft.

After eventually cutting down the rest of the honorable, Amir headed straight for the bridge. He'd have to look in the cargo port, the hull, and all the rest to find this secret. The ship was sinking, and Amir's brawl only served make things shaky for him.

Making his way down stairs, through a couple of ambushes from wounded Naval Officers, and permeating halls, Amir eventually made it to the cargo hull of the carrier. What he saw was something he didn't read in the books back home. Two wings attached securely to the streamlined body. The cockpit was a bit boxy. It was made of wood. A bomber, by the looks of it.

Amir found the specifications nearby. Nakajima B5N1 Dive Bomber. "Oh, shit," was all he could manage. He wish he had a camera. Perhaps some blueprints, designs, manuals, something.

He had to take a risk. He rummaged through containers, boxes, and all that fine sass, and finally, in the plane itself, found a blueprint and a flight manual of the B5N Type-K Prototype Bomber.

The water was rising, and it was starting to reach Amir's level in the hull. "I gotta get outta here! This place is scuttlin' fast!" The swift feet of a bandit of the sands flew him back to the bridge, wherein he looked for a radio office so he could transmit a frequency, and a morse message.

"And frequency... Ah, there!" He flicked it on. The water was pouring in, and it was only a matter of time before it hit the deck. "Bandit to Duck, Bandit to Duck, this is Amir speaking, I have cracked the secret. It's in Japanese, so I can't read it worth jack shit, but I got a blueprint for a variant, and a pilot's manual. I think it's a bomber. I'm contacting Auto 'n' lettin' him know I'm waitin'. Over and out." He hung up the radio and turned it off, changing the frequency to something random.

He then proceeded to send a message via morse code to Auto's specific frequency, alerting him that Amir needs extraction.

The floor started to flood slightly. "Shit, how deep is it on the deck?"

He stepped outside to see the answer. The deck was lightly submerged. A landing could still be performed. But takeoff would be rough and slow. "Shit shit shit shit shit..." The repetitive profanity clued into Amir's anxiety. He needed the Pearl immediately.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2013, 04:42:22 am »

"Dog to Duck it looks like that crazy bastard made it out but that water isn't so good.  If that ship goes under you may be pulled down with it.  Watch my back I am going to glide down and snatch him before he gets shot full of holes."  Donna set her controls for a wide arch and walked back to the cargo hold with Henrietta clucking at her.  "Don't fuss Hen I will be fine." She set the tow rope and strapped in then ran out the open cargo hod and had one moment of fear and joy in free-fall before the wings snapped out lifted her up.  "Raise your arms up so I can grab you!" Donna shouted over the wind.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2013, 09:05:09 am »

Sabre and her company's warhawks were having a field day; twelve of the parasol type 'planes had made it to the Station despite Al's, Donna's and Amir's best efforts, and a couple of biplanes as well. they managed to rake merry hell with small bombs, strafing, and general mischief, and though the biplanes were quickly smashed to matchwood and confetti, the parasol pilots were all veterans and knew how to attack an airfield. darting in and out among the curtains of ak-ak and diving, tumbling and chasing, and being chased, they managed to both dogfight and wreak havoc and damage to the station simultaneously -- until Sabre herself arrived.

Throwing herself all but uncaringly into the task of destroying the enemy, she quickly made it clear that though she might be a noblewoman and an heiress, she was also warrior nonpareil as she rode roughshod over the enemy, even going so far thrice in a row as to literally pounce hard on the wings of her opponents when her ammunition ran out, driving them into the deck of an outer float in one instance, down into the narrow gap between floats in another, and directly into the ocean in the third.

Finally, she threw back the sliding canopy of her warbird, and pulling even with the final attacker, pulled her Govt Model Colt and planted three shots into a cylinder, the intake manifold, and the fuel line of the engine. She then shot the pilot  in the head, and coldly saluted as the plane tumbled, burning, into the Pacific below.

She only landed when it became obvious that her fuel was too low to continue. once setting foot on the pavement of teh airfield, she shot the two Japanese soldiers who ran up and menaced her point-blank, ejected the magazine, slid a fresh magazine home, and swiftly walked right up to the remains of the intruders' firing line and simply shot the rifleman who tried to stop her, and walked straight up to the sword-brandishing officer and shot him in the side. "I'll take that, thanks," she said, as she grabbed the hilt of the officer's katana from his faltering hand. She then turned around and chopped down the two remaining soldiers as the security detail closed in. "Take the officer prisoner, sergeant," she said to the security officer in charge, and she reached out and plucked the buttons form teh man's collar. "no easy suicide for you, sir," she said icily.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:17:29 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2013, 06:25:16 pm »

"You want me 'a leave the Pearl, Donna!? I already have Auto set for a landing while the deck's still landable!" Amir shouted to the Dog. He couldn't leave his monster, the Pearl in the Sand, to sink with the ship, since Auto was already on his way. "I'm gonna wait for the Pearl!"

Amir looked up at the skies to check for the Pearl, to see if it was still over the station. It seemed to be adjusting trajectory to line up with the runway. It was almost a dot in the clouds, though, so time would be sparing. Gravity had its way with speed, though, and Auto was programmed for excellent landings. Still, though, if it came in too hot, the water might break off the forward landing gear. Auto was only set to compensate for flight while hooked to an object, and while Amir was swinging down said hook. It'll be a rough landing.

"In fact, my old bird's headin' in right now!"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2013, 07:33:08 pm »

"That works just fine.  We are going to pull of what my grandpa calls a dammed fool stunt.  I am going to grab you and get you up there before it lands because unless I am very wrong This thing has less time than we think.  I almost lost an uncle in a set up like this."  The barge groaned and shifted as if to prove the point. "Once you are in there and flying I will use you as a boost to get back to the dog.  It has plenty of fuel so will be circling for a while yet."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2013, 08:26:51 pm »

"Sure 'at's a good idea, Donavon!? You ain't got some scrap robot behind your seat!" He noted the Pearl's trajectory and noted that there was some time before it landed, especially since the runway was everything other than level now. "Ah... Cripes, the radio office might be shorted out by now if I need to change plans for Auto..." Things were hard in the life of a bandit. Wasn't this why he quit in the first place?

"We got some time, Donna, I'm grabbin' on!" He started chasing the rope as it kept moving across the submerged barge, until he caught it and held on, shimmying up slowly to get up higher. His throat was starting to get sore. "I'm not leavin' the Pearl, Donna," he said as he got within speaking distance.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2013, 09:19:59 pm »

"I don't have a fancy robot but a notched steering wheel, and a good heavy belt work fine for me. Put your arms in the loops below me and hold on tight because I am about to fire a booster and those tend to be a bit sparky."  The booster we was like a firework but incredibly strong.  Soon they were surging up at the Pearl.  "Get ready we are almost in jumping off distance."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2013, 02:27:31 pm »

This.

Was.

INSANE!

And that's just how Amir liked it. Live in the moment! Carpe Diem! Things like that. "I'm lettin' go!" Without another word, he just slipped out and dropped onto the top pair of wings of the Pearl. Auto had to compensate. Luckily, Auto didn't have emotions. He'd have been pissed. Amir snapped his fingers and Auto leveled his path, and Amir shimmied down to the Harpoon turret so as he could pop into the pilot's seat. "Alright, back in the chair! Dammit! Get! GAH!" It was a struggle to get the damn thing back into the back of the chair. Sometimes the damn thing struggled, Amir swore it was intelligent. "I know ya like to fly, but you're provisional, you can't fight none. Ya weren'y program 'er whatsit called for firin' 'e guns 'n' all at, ye git!" He went into a bit of a rant in Arabic against the robot as he went flying up to Donna. "Y' alright, love?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2013, 05:12:52 pm »

Donna was flying slightly above the Pearl using a simple magnetic grapple and a rope.  She was like a kite.  "Get me a little higher and nearer to the Dog and then I can get back behind the wheel."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2013, 09:56:02 pm »

Black. From head to toe. Close-fitting hood, top, pants. No strong clues as to gender, but if one looked long enough (without the figure noticing and knocking one out or killing one), it became natural to get the impression that it was either an uncharacteristically strong woman or perhaps a rather effeminate man. Even the eyes were covered, with tightly-strapped goggles that looked as if they would be watertight. The feet sported black unreflective uppers and special silent soles, the toe end bifurcated in the middle. The scabbard of a katana was strapped across the figure's back, the sword held with a frighteningly casual, economical and confident grip in in either black-gloved hand.

As the rest of the japanese sailors struggled atop the port side of the carrier, which in a few seconds had already turned completely over onto its starboard side, the black figure instead dove from the prow into the sea below, and with long, lithe, powerful strokes for a mass of flotsam atht had spille doverboard earlier. Perched then upon a half-empty drum of rice, the figures eyes behind the goggles stared with hate and cold calculation at the shape of the refueling station, adn in an eyeblink as the smoke and steam from the burning and damaged carrier moved in and choked the air, with afew adjustments and casting-off of covering articles, it became suddenly a youngish kitchen boy, all scared eyes and desperately-clinging limbs, wearing a forage cap and gripping its apron and shoes for dear life.

The patrol boat that came out to pick up survivors and take them prisoner gained a new deckhand as the rice barrel bumped along the side of the vessel as it passed by, the urchin-like boy disapeared into the crownd and a carekless sailor ducked into a doorway to sneak a smoke. A short time later, teh deckhand grumpily made his way aboard the station and disappeared into the thronging red-light district. A short time later, the station gained a new resident, a waitress in a restaurant boasting chinese and philippine cuisine. The figure that before had been of indeterminate gender was now a beauty in a chinese dress with flashing reddish-black eyes, long, silky black hair, and alabaster-white skin, who took orders with a cultured voice and slight, indeterminate asian accent, and sang at the piano in dulcet tones late in the evening, her crimson lips framing flashing white teeth that didn't look any sharper than normal -- but my, this cat had claws and teeth undreamed of.

Merovingia Harper-Chen. The Daughter of an English diplomat and a Chinese restaurateuress. Much older than the early twenty-something she seemed to be, and far, far deadlier than any restaurateur. She had lost the sword; a necessary culling of cumbersone baggage that would have been dangerously suspicious, but everything, anything, could be a weapon, and there were many, many, ways to kill...
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2013, 11:08:34 pm »

Adjusting his pitch to get a bit higher, Amir made a close call by the Dog as he flew a simple few meters from its fuselage. He planned on letting Donna get back in place and throwing the converted bomber into high gear to dash to the station. "Ye up 'ere yet, lass? Not gonna wait all day!"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2013, 11:31:26 pm »

Donna flung her grapple back inside the Dog scareing the heck out of Hen.  `Calm yourself miss Hen.  I am just fine." She stowed her glider and closed the cargo hatch.  Pushing some hairs from her face that had worked their way loose in the wind she ploped in to the pilot's chair and removed the belt from the stearing wheel and put on her headset.  `Dog to Pearl I am snug as a bug in a rug so let's get a move on."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2013, 11:55:18 pm »

"'Bout time, lass, we're headed back to the nest. I got summin' to give to Lady Saber." With that, he gave a salute and put the engine on full throttle, gaining speed slowly, and topping out at around 80. The Pearl was a two and a half ton beast without bombs, so it was much slower than the Duck or Dog. Still, it was capable of flight maneuvers, but they were slow, and required open space, making it a sitting duck in fleet on fleet battles and close to land, but damn, was it a beast in a dogfight.

"Pearl to Tower, patch me in to the Lady Saber. Pearl to Tower, patch me in to the Lady Saber."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2013, 12:00:36 am »

"Tower to Pearl, As it happens we're ringing the brig for Lady Sabre just now," Bob's voice crackled on the radio. "Seems she's captured a certain Nip army officer for us." A short few minutes later, Sabre's voice was the one crackling over the airwaves. "Sabre Grimstock here, what's up, Amir, and shouldn't you be in in hospital? Over."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:03:02 am by MWBailey » Logged
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2013, 03:25:58 am »

A chuckle escaped his lips as he remembered his wounds. His breath became short again. "Released for good behavior. I have summin' ya might be interested in, miss. Got a feeling things are gonna heat up in the states." He patted at his aba to make sure he still had his items. Blueprints; check. Pilot's Manual; check. That cut in his aba came to mind, so he put the items in his fuselage until later. "I mean, really heat up. We got a Jap bomber, mono, hittin' some high speeds. I got blueprints for a prototype, and I saw the actual bomber 'fore the barge scuttled. You wanna know the speed it runs? 235 miles. It can cover 1,237 on a single tank 'a petrol. Not soundin' too good for the islands."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:49:38 pm by Automatonicalitivity » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2013, 03:25:05 pm »

Sabre digested the information given. 235 miles per hour. A respectable speed, but not insurmountable; her warhawks coulod catch the new bomber or intercept it easily; the range, though, that bothered her. Was it 1200 miles loaded or with empty bays? With the rumblings coming through from Grimstock LTD.'s contacts in far places, several of which she had yet to share with Al or the rest of the Steel Birds (especially that weird blat from Smiley in Tokyo, just before the Japanese military police raided the company's offices - they still hadn't figured out what they had been looking for, even now), she was especially worried. The bomber's speed as actually rather slow - but that might be used to mask its approach with the appearance of being a low-priority cargo flight; an unmarked or misleadingly insignia'ed version just might be able to slip all the way over a continental area, depending on it's overall silhouette.

All of that in a second or two. She replied, "Ladyduck to Pearl, please bring the items to the Steel Birds Office; I will be there within the half-hour, if not sooner, over" she thumbed the handset again. "Did you get that, my dearest drake?" She tried to keep the catch out of her voice, but didnt quite manage it. Complicatedly, she hoped Al noticed it but that no one else did. She hadn't fought so hard and so ruthlessly for his sake... Or did you? She asked herself, and murmured to herself, relishing her anticipation of their next meeting. Battle always spiced things up...

"Got it, Ladyduck, Looking forward to checking things out after we land, over," the anticipated voice answered back.

Damn him, he's using that deep voice again, Sabre thought. She suppressed a sudden inexplicable desire to giggle like a schoolgirl. "Looking forward to it, Drake."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2013, 07:36:09 pm »

Donna loved the sky but was happy to land this time.  She eased her way in to her bay and picked Hen up and deposited her in what very nuch looked like a playpen for chickens and grabbed a rubber malet and a few other tools.  She waved to the boys and shouted. "I will be over in a bit. My right reloader is acting up again and my gun jammed."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2013, 12:01:11 am »

Touching down in the big Gotha was a challenge on a station, but Amir had perfected it after a few months. He still needed a bit of help getting into the hangars, though. With Saber's orders in mind, Amir taxi'd the modified bomber into its hangar with the rest of the Birds' craft. He locked the chair so Auto wouldn't shift out and crash the plain into the hangar wall. He grabbed the manual and blueprints and headed to the offices of the Birds to drop off his swag.

"Donna, our German friend's going to be somewhere, but I need to find out where. We need to play dress up again after I stow away these materials. See you in a few," he called to Donna, before making his way inside.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2013, 06:06:24 am »

Sabre hired a rickshaw, one of those that had relocated from China a couple of years before, fleeing the Japanese invasion, to the Steel Birds' hangar. Starting from a small family business of eight human-drawn rickshaw carts, the business had attracted competitors and caught on as basic transportation infrastructure aboard the floating station, where driving anything larger than a putter van across the flexible bridges between floats was a risky proposition, and a car or truck were just too much trouble to care for. Bicycles, scooters, motorized carts and various amalgamations of the same also were prolific, but the rickshaws were cheaper to use, and there were now many of them, much like the taxicabs in Western cities.; besides, most rickshaws had convertible-style tops, which scooters and bicycles lacked, and rainsqualls were common at certain times of year, and of course there were the seasonal monsoons.

We need to open one of those big maintenance corridors under the runway for traffic passage, Sabre thought, as the rickshaw driver dodged arriving and departing aircraft and airfield vehicles of varying sorts. I wonderif we could get away with charging a toll? Teh rickshaw pulled up outside the hangar, and Sabre paid the driver. "Thank you, Mr. Chan, She said, handing himn the fare money.

The bald Mr. Chan tugged a nonexistent forelock and padded a short distance away, where there stood a very comely Chinese girl in a flowing green chinese dress and a broad-brimmed, bescarved hat.  She gazed with inscrutable eyes that seemed almost to shine redly in the evening light, waving for Chan's attention, then smiled a dazzling smile when he acknowledged her and came to a stop before her. She climbed aboard Chan's vehicle, and smiled inscrutably at Sabre as she did so, and then actually winked! A few words to Chan, and they were soon gone back across the now-deserted runway...

Sabre stood rooted to the spot for a moment, taken slightly aback by such casual familiarity from a total stranger. What-! she spluttered in her own head. Do I know that person? She shook herself and then walked into the hangar's office section just after Amir. "So, where's that paper you mentioned, Amir?" she asked, phrasing it such that anyone who managed to overhear from outside might not suss what they were actually discussing, before closing the heavy office door so that they could speak more privately.

"By the way," she added in a rather severe but quiet tone, "next time you find something like that, try not to discuss it too much over an open channel. You never know who might be listening. A simple "I've got something you'll want to see" 'll work just fine. She dropped the whipcrack tone.

"Who was that Chinese girl just now?," she asked conversationally, albeit with an ulterior motive (it was really itching her to find out who that girl had been) "One of your 'acquaintances?' " she asked, assuming that such must be the case, given Amir's reputation.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:54:44 am by MWBailey » Logged
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2013, 06:28:40 am »

Amir handed the book and prints to Lady Saber and smirked. "I'm glad ya think me such a handsome gentleman, but I have no idea what ya talkin' about." He shrugged his shoulders, and his aba fell to the ground. He popped his neck to each side and frowned curiously. "Last oriental person I saw was that fop what cut me up all nice like deli meat. I don't use the rickshaws or nothin', I prefer 'a run." He started working the kinks out of his shoulders and placed his hands on his stomach for a deep breath. "This gauze 'n' these wounds 'n' all 'is stuff was a real trouble 'a get over, 'tween 'a clinic 'n' 'a hangar."

"Saber, were it not for Al, I'd have tried to share a bed with ya already. But I respect 'im, and I'm not a love taker. Double whammy, 'ere. Couldn't bare myself to look at you wrong. Pretty sure I told ya 'is before." He gave her an honest smile and promptly looked away and shrugged cheerily. "But you can tell Al for me, I'm a bit jealous."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2013, 07:01:00 am »

The hanger was filled with curses from all around the world as Donna freed the stuck caseing from her gun.  "God dammed Nino sold me bunk ammo.  I am going to have his hide for this.  He is dammed lucky it was only a little rusty and..." she saw Saber and smiled. "Hell of a way to spend a morning wasn't it?" Donna cold not rember if Saber had a contract with Conner or not.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #221 on: January 30, 2013, 06:04:59 pm »

Just like a rake, Sabre thought, upon hearing Amir's reply. "well, thanks for the thought," she answered. Huh, I ask if the young lady outside is one of his, and he automatically assumes I'm jealous and want into his bed. She shrugged inwardly, and settled for a level look that revealed none of the frost behind it. Business was business, after all, and Amir could prove to be a good customer for parts or other merchandise.

"I'll have my aviation people take a look at this, then pass it on to the proper authorities," she said. "Keep your nose up and watch your flaps," she said, and walked out into the hangar, hearing the familiar sound of the Duck getting closer as Al taxied up off of the runway.

She heard Donna's remark and walked over to watch her work for a moment. "I could get you some fresh ammo, and I'd daresay more of it, from our stores for a small comparable outlay," she offered. "Not like this stuff." She picked up and eyed one of the extracted rusty cartridges. Not just rusted, she saw. "Huh," she sniffed. "this one's cap's off-center and crooked in the recess. The slug's 'whomperjawed,' too, as Al would put it. I'd tell Nino to stick it if I were you, dear. This stuff is worse than deep salvage."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:09:00 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2013, 06:29:11 pm »

"Conner's used to be the best place to get ammo this side of Cuba but ever since Nino bought him out the qualaty has been taking a nose dive.  I would love a restock Sabre. I got the feeling that the barge is only the start of things." Hen clucked as if saying hello herself.  Donna petted her with the least greasy part of her hand.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2013, 08:34:21 pm »

Well, let's see, what'd you pay Conners? I'll knock five percent off fo that, for...how many hundred rounds?" I'll call home and get a flatbed over here with the goods in short order."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2013, 09:01:58 pm »

"I use a modded Villar-Perosa so I dont go through as much as the boys.  Let's start with 8000 to replace the bum stuff. Ammo was running me around 5 to.7 hundred every couple weeks but every now and then they would give me a dicount because I would do a bit of running for them." Even tho her guns were not the most advanced she was proud of them.  A flying ace that had saved her father's life had gifted them to her.  Donna sighed it had been a long time since she had seen her godfather and she missed him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: