The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 18, 2020, 08:25:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Birds of Paradise Game Thread: Episode 1 (The Mysterious Prototype)  (Read 19177 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2012, 08:35:24 pm »

Donna let out a sigh and drummed her fingers on the table. "I was worried that would be the case.  We certainly are in the thick of things again.  I left Amir with Sylvia.  Don't give me that look our client is there and despite the fact she is as annoying as a mouth full of bees I don't want her to get slaughtered from something she just wandered in to.  So what do we do now?  We have one down in the field and another undercover."

Willa tucked a bit of her brown hair behind her ear and smiled winsomely at Amir. "I sure can most of the rooms to let are upstairs while the missus and I live down here.  All that is on the ground floor is my ladies chambers, the laundry, kitchen and pantry.  And I don't know what that man with the sword might have wanted with those."

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

Why do living things need feelings?

« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2012, 08:49:41 pm »

Amir and Willa toured the inn, snooping slightly, giving every room a visit (Mostly so nobody would be paranoid, since he was visiting ALL the rooms). As they stepped into the German's quarters, he simply gave a quick scan, but picked up more details. The door went into the room. The bed was close to the far wall, but didn't touch it. Luggage was strewn across the floor. The German seemed anxious. They didn't speak to one another. "Right, to the next room."

Eventually, they had toured the residency, and had begun coming through the ground floor, eventually stopping by the maid's quarters.

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2012, 02:10:02 am »

Willa giggled and blushed as they neared her door.  "My my I do believe you are the first man I have had in my room."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2012, 03:53:00 am »

He didn't feel right about lying, but secrecy was something else entirely. He didn't mention that he was Amir, and that he didn't believe her, or that he didn't think it would be the last. Those were things a man who was not about to get lucky would say. And he was a suave gentleman, and would not accuse her of being a floozy. It was his Syrian - or in this case, Brazilian - charm, really. Now, hopefully, the oil would mask his scent, if he was lucky, so she wouldn't pick it up in bed.

"I'm just here to look around, ma'am," he said suavely, a hidden meaning behind it. "I'll have to search your room thoroughly." He leaned over and whispered in her ear, "And I'll have to search you, too."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2012, 04:40:40 am »

"Somebody needs to fly down and see about contacting and Rescuing Eric; somebody who knows the area. I'v3e done several rescues and recons down in the Marshalls over the years. Namu Atoll's got me bumfuzzled, though, why would anybody locate a facility there? Only one or two of the Islets arebig enough to support an airstrip, and a really large usable field is pretty much precluded by that gigantic lagoon." He showed Donna a high-altitude aerial photo he'd taken of it several years before.

(copied from Wikipedia)

"Also, it's owned by some German industrial-political entity. Eric said he was downed by flak, which is primarily German (though everybody uses something like it), but there hasn't been any German interest in the Pacific in years, or so I'd come to believe; I thought it was abandoned."

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2012, 05:08:52 am »

Willa tuned red he was so close.  "Oh goodness I am lucky to have you here to protect me.  I shall have to thank you." She leaned in to steal a kiss.

"The other thing we have to worry about is unless I am mistaken that ninja wanted something with our client and he may come back if all of us are gone, So we have to keep an eye on him too.  If the hawk needs a tow I may have to go.  The Dogged can drag something there and back real quick like without needing to refill my tank but I have only been there a few rimes on my way to other places so you may have a leg up on me."  Donna was not happy with how this was turning out.  So much for a simple job.
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2012, 05:17:16 am »

Amir took the kiss in stride, and extended it so the humanity would flow through her veins. They eventually found themselves in the door. Amir closed it behind them and made sure he remembered his name was Paulo.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2012, 05:00:17 am »

Back in Kyoto, trhere were a multiplicity of roofs to use as highways. Here on the station, there were still a great many roofs, but they all tended to stop at the edges of the massive complex of runways, mooring masts and autogyro parks; not to mention the hundreds of separate private and commercial airterminals. There were even a couple of heliports for the newfangled 'helicopters,' as they were called.

A certain butler turned out to be quite an obstacle as well, but before long, the gentleman was unconscious on the floor, and a struggling Lady Sabre made an extremely uncooperative bundle for the ninja to carry back across the station to the hangar and offices of the Birds of Paradise Squadron. Indeed, Shiro was not used to supposedly securely-tied females who suddenly produced hidden knives and cut their own bonds not merely once, but three times. Afte rthe third time tying her back up again, he leaned in close, drawing his tanto dagger, and pressing it lightly against her jugular. "Please not to struggle, Young Princess," he murmured dangerously, in suprising good, though still heavily accented, English. "I must have an incentive for your dear Pilot friend, for to win his cooperation."

Blast you, Sabre thought as she watched Shiro pad stealthily across the roof of the hangar toward the nearby skylight, keeping to the shadows cast by the control tower and the bulk of the administration complex. And damn you for a fool, she thiought as he slunk around a stackpipe and through a ventbox into the storage house section of the hangar below. She slipped yet another shiv, a flexible stainless blade of almost papery thinness, from the back of the leather belt that wore with her black silk dress. Years of dealing with the denizens of the Far East marketplace had taught her well; Al had once commented that if she ever walked in front of the the electromagnet at the scrapping berths, she'd stick like she was  glued there until they turned it off.

She also had the advantage of knowing the layout of the hangar; she found the ladder down to the ground in short order, and walked over to where the Blue Duck was parked. Al kept a carbine in there, didn't he...

Down in the office, Al stopped taklking and shushed Donna. "Hush a sec...did you hear that?" He said, pulling the Khukri from its sheath on his belt. The Cap'n tended to not like people shooting holes in their home...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:30:16 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2012, 05:53:43 am »

"Yes I think it is Hen kicking up a fuss. I hope she isnt stuck in an engine again.  Don't know why she likes to nest in the things."  She checked her pistol looking at Al.  "Lets take this slow.  If we find another gas siphon-er The port authorities want us to hand them over whole."  There ad been away too much paperwork last time.     
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2012, 02:39:11 pm »

"Well, if they insist on struggling and trying to get homicidal, I'm gonna defend myself," Al answered. "this ain't Rio, where the chief of police is also the local gangleader..." He stopped; That noise was repeated down the hallway, not out in the hangar proper. "We've got us a burglar, sounds like," Al said in hushed voice, keeping to the wall. A blur shot out of teh shadows and Al moved teh khukri up in a slashing, blocking motion, and teh blade clanged off of another steel blade. The sound was followed by a curse in Japanese; Al had heard it several times in the past.

"Yeah? So's your old man!" Al snarled, and sliced at the intruder again.

Shiro parried the blow, but only just barely, and the shock of the blow and the abbreviated clank of metal on metal told him his blade was now notched. He cursed again and drew the tanto, preparing to spring.....
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2012, 05:49:18 pm »

"Another god dammed ninja?  We have an infestation.  One of you nicked my pretty little pistol and you are going to pay."  Donna pulled out her boot knife and charged.  "Lets see how you deal with two at once Mr fancy pants swordsmen." If the blade did not get him her sweeping kick would. 
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2012, 10:36:14 pm »

Asian peoples in general, and Japanese persons in particular, do not and did not generally follow the stereotyped "norms" of appearance, either in facial features or mode of dress. Not all are slant-eyed, and few are bucktoothed or require glasses, and many, especially those whose work required contact with foreigners, adopted and were accustomed to western ideas of fashion and dress.

Thus it was that the second attendant of the Japanese ambassador, Hanzo, looked very much like any well-dressed westerner. If not for the sheen black hair, and the very slight difference in his facial bone structure around his eyes, which looked almost as if he were of Spanish or perhaps Basque extraction, he would have passed for just another well-dressed, rather foppish Eurasian twentysomething come to Sylvia's for a night of leisure.

Except, of course, that he was entering through the back door, and carrying a cane that was just a bit too thick, and rattled a bit too much to be solid all the way through. He made his way through the back parts of the establishment, making no sound and escaping all notice, until he came to a door that was slightly ajar, from behind which came the sounds of impassioned activity -- just as someone else's voice echoed around the corner just ahead, obviously proceeding in his direction. Reasoning that lovers in the throes of passion would possibly not notice his stealthy approach, he ducked into said portal, closing it almost shut behind him as he melted into the shadows within, loosening the swordstick just in case...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:37:56 pm by MWBailey » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:09 pm »

Silvia was currently swooning in the parlor but without anyone to fuss over her that was rather boring.  Where was that girl?  Surely taking him on a tour would not take this long. "Willa dear are you done yet? Need to start turning down beds for the night."  If that girl had waylaid another man there would be words. 

Willa looked up at the man in her arms with panic. "Damn it! that old bat."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2013, 04:42:50 am »

Amir turned his head to the door, the motion was slowing. "She works you hard, doesn't she?" he barely remembered to use the Brazilian accent. That could've been bad.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2013, 05:11:10 am »

"You don't know the half of it.  I swear she couldn't change a light bulb without me. Wish I could tell her to bug off but the money is good."  She pulled him a little closer wanting it to last a bit longer.
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2013, 06:34:27 am »

"Hate for you to--" A light grunt. "--to get in trouble over me, m'lady." He tried to keep it quiet, but also knew the necessity for swiftness.

By now, the author of this post is brain dead from trying so hard to be subtle.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2013, 09:22:14 pm »

Sabre was, quite frankly, pissed off. not only had her manservant been bested an trussed up like a pig for the roaster, but she herself had been trussed up three times in one evening, and heard her boyfriend threatened into the bargain. "Nobody gets to threaten my Ally but ME!" She grumbled to herself. "And only when he deserves it!" she worked the bolt of the .30 caliber rifle, which had been chambered to accept the long-cartridge ACP ammo that the Blue Duck's machine guns used.

A larger and more powerful charge than the usual rifle cartridge, the cartridges in the carbine's magazine were specially designed for aviation purposes, offering both increased range and improved penetration; in short, the aviation ACP rounds could penetrate even armored fuselages, adn do so at increased distances, making the rounds ideal for fighter guns.

Sabre shouted "Where's That bastard!?" In her oh-so-cultured British accent, and then literally kicked the front door of the hanger office block open, to see Donna and Al crouched at the side of the hallway, and the Japanese jerk swinging his swords around as Al followed through, obviously having just parried the assassin's attack, his khukri's blade still ringing like a bell. "DUCK!" she shouted, and then pulled the trigger and worked the bolt three times in rapid succession, blasting four holes into the Japanese assassin, one in each sword arm, once in the nonvital part of the abdomen, and once in the left kneecap. The ninja flopped immediately to the floor, instantly rendered noneffective.

"Scuse me," she said as she brushed between Donna and Al, and walked over to savagely kick the ninja in the midsection. "Cut my Al, that's what you get."

The assassin groaned with the knowledge that he was  both incapacitated and nearly helpless he snapped his jaws sideways, trying to get at the poisonous button on his shirt collar.

"Oh, no, my dear victim," Sabre purred as she pulled out her belt shiv again and shoved the assassin's head to one side with one hand, simultaneously using the knife in the other hand to cut the inconvenient little button away from the collar and knock it away into the shadows at the far end of the corridor.

"Uh... Er, hello, Ladyduck" Al managed, still somewhat taken aback. When Sabre got ticked, she got ticked.

"Hello Yourself, Darling," Sabre said, looking fondly back over her shoulder with a sweetly impish (yet also somehow frighteningly dark), loving expression. "He's all yours, Donna dear," She said. "The Oriental fellow, I mean..."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2013, 02:41:26 am »

"Mr Fluffy-kins had an accident in the green room again."  Willa called.  "That will give just a little more time so lets use it well."  She smiled and pulled him in close.  While the actual Mr Fluffy-kins smelled something and started hissing at the shadows.

Donna looked down and sighed.  "All right then I can't have you bleeding on my floor. I can put you in one of the cargo holds if you answer my questions I take you to the hospital and let the docs have you or you can refuse to speak and I drop you in the sea.  Did you know we have a shark problem?  It happens on rigs like this when people toss garbage in the water instead of taking care of it the right way.  I could add to that if you won't tell me why you were sneaking around in my hangar."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2013, 03:46:05 pm »

Hanzo ever so slowly drew out the blade from the swordstick, gritting his teeth as it grated ever so slightly on the copper receiver mounting on the handle end of the hollow cane. Blasted cats! he thought to himself, regretting instantly having decided to leave the catnip he had procured at Hiroshima for his aunt's cat at home on the plane when they had to ditch it. Shiro would have a small stock of it in that damned ninjato scabbard of his, the man was a veritable real-life shinobu legend, but damned little good that would do Hanzo now.
-------
Shiro glanced to either side. Misinformation might mean he had not failed, and save face in the long run.

"What..." he said, forcing the words out, telling himself it would work out in the end, "Would you like to know...?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2013, 06:30:19 pm »

Donna looked down at him not in a mood for this. "Lets start with why you keep turning up like a bad penny.  Were you sent to kill us?"

Mr Fluffy-kins started to yawl not amused by this person in his house.  Willa moved faster and did her best to ignore it, She would be dammed if she let anyone stop her now.
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2013, 09:55:12 pm »

"What's up with the cat?" Amir was having his usual spot of fun, but he was still on duty. It was the only reason he was still in the Brazilian accent. If Willa hadn't pulled him closer he'd have nearly stopped the motion to investigate, despite his enjoyment.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2013, 10:19:34 pm »

Willa snuggled up to him.  "He thinks he is a dog and goes off on people he doesn't recognise."  Willa froze for a moment thinking about that. "Shit.  You will protect me right?  Because I think that crazy man with the sword may be back."
Automatonicalitivity
Gunner

Gravatar

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2013, 04:43:04 pm »

A smile crossed his face. "Aye-aye, ma'am. I wouldn't be much of a man unless I did."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2013, 05:25:39 pm »

Willa scrambled to get her clothes back on watching the door as it started to open. It was a little movement that could have been caused by the wind but Willa knew how her door worked and she was sure things were about to get bad.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2013, 09:13:12 pm »

Hanzo froze halfway through the act of going to Warrior Ready stance, and spoke aloud, saying, "excuse please. I seek protectors of honored German prince." From the way the people's eyes and heads swivelled to face where he stood, Hanzso knew immediately that his speaking was a mistake; they had not, in fact, known where precisely he had been standing -- but now they did. Well, too bad on that, he told himself. Like the egg that has already fallen from the farmwife's basket, it cannot be helped.

"If you are not protectors, so very sorry for inconvenience, but still you must die. That is my duty. prepare yourselves."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: