The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 29, 2020, 03:52:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No World Steam Expo 2013  (Read 2669 times)
Steam Titan
Snr. Officer
United States United States

fulgur adducere

« on: September 18, 2012, 01:23:26 am »

I don't know if this was announced anywhere. I tried to check in the search bar. But for those who know about the World Steam Expo in Dearborn MI, apparently there won't be one in 2013 or possibly for several years. Thats saddening to hear for me since I made it only for a few hours to the 2011 one and was unable to make the 2012. Saddly due to work and being a college student I can't afford to fly or drive out to other states very far at all for a con. So hearing that the Expo is no more is really heartbreaking
Morphine482
Deck Hand

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:24:02 pm »

There IS however a convention that's going to replace it, from some of the same people who did World Steam.  It'll be in Dearborn yet, on Memorial Day weekend.  The tentative title is Up In The Aether, they have a kickstarter that's going as well, linked here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1455983584/up-in-the-aether-the-convention?ref=live

Awesome people are gonna be running this one and they've already started signing bands et cetera.  Check it out!
Steam Titan
Snr. Officer

fulgur adducere

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:26:40 am »

good to know. THink if I recall a friend of mine knows some of the people involved
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: