The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 21, 2018, 03:12:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where the Devil Have I Been? (Sky Pirate Regalia)  (Read 71680 times)
Vincent M. Dantes Esq.
Officer

Draftsman of the Imagination

« on: September 14, 2007, 12:38:55 am »

Long time no see, chums!

The power cord of my portable computation engine literally burst into flames, leaving me to scavenge aetherweb access from friends and family members. I can never remember my passwords, and so I delayed putting in a new one as it is such a bother. But I could wait no longer to reveal my latest tinkerings! I posted this on the Steam Fashion LJ community, but I felt I really should post it here as well.

Close up shots of all the little details can be seen here on my DeviantART:
http://vladislausdantes.deviantart.com/

I'll be posting up more inventions and weapons, as well as pictures of my crew in the comming days. Also in the pipeline: Schematics of our air ship, the H.M.S. Amaranth!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 03:35:23 am by Vincent M. Dantes Esq. » Logged

Sincerely,
Vincent M. Dantes, Esquire

Gentleman of Fortune by trade, Sky Pirate by nature. Habitual liberateur of all things valuable.
Maverick inventor and Captain of the H.M.S. Amaranth.
Jake of All Trades
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Brass addict, inventor, and scoundrel with a heart

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 01:10:13 am »

Wow--truly inspiring work sir!  I especially like that little lantern.  It's simple, but a fantastic touch!  And, if I may, what exactly is going on with the glowing blue bits?  It that actually a bubbling liquid?  It's all so very gorgeous...

Oh, and welcome back!  I understand the pain of internet deprivation all too well Wink

"...it's a form of fiction, and as such, while there may be times when it's considered a worthy vehicle for pointing out some of society and individual flaws - I still want a side that will let there be lighthearted adventures in the clouds, on mars, or under the sea."
--Tinkergirl
Spreegem
Officer

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 02:23:39 am »

OMG! Its freaking awesome! How did you make that if I may ask?
Vincent M. Dantes Esq.
Officer

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 03:21:47 am »

Wow--truly inspiring work sir!  I especially like that little lantern.  It's simple, but a fantastic touch!  And, if I may, what exactly is going on with the glowing blue bits?  It that actually a bubbling liquid?  It's all so very gorgeous...

Oh, and welcome back!  I understand the pain of internet deprivation all too well Wink

Thank you! Praise from you is high praise indeed! I built my Aetheric Generator by attaching crumpled blue cellophane to the inside of a street light, which I lit with LED's. ^_Q

OMG! Its freaking awesome! How did you make that if I may ask?

Thanks, mate! Describing the whole process would be quite a bit to type out, and my right hand is rather broken and trapped in a cast, as it were. I posted descriptions of how I did some if it with the detail photos on my deviantART; if you look through those and still have a few specific inquiries, I'd be delighted to indulge you.
Tristian Dreyman
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Inventor, tinkerer, and mechanical artist.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 03:51:09 am »

Now that.... well. That's just too good.  Grin

Fantastic work, sir!

"What's that?"
"Hmm? Oh a mechanical lobster."
"Why?"
"Why not?"

Maurautius
Officer

Ingenieur der musikalischen Traummaschinen

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 04:10:11 am »

H-O-L-Y-C-R-A-P-!!!

That looks fantastic, mon ami. Very well done with lots of great, subtle touches. I'm going to be in the basement tinkering for days now, thank you very much.

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."<br />
~Oscar Wilde
Chief Librarian
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 05:02:12 am »

I love the fact that you added hatches in the vestplate for your pocketwatch.

Very clever and a very nice touch. 

Bravo.

Their's not to reason why,
Their's but to classify:
Vienna Fahrmann
Zeppelin Admiral
Austria Austria

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 06:13:45 am »

Dear Vincent,

Very dashing ensemble with impressive accessories.  (Good accessories are my weakness)

Vienna

Vincent M. Dantes Esq.
Officer

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 07:00:04 am »

Now that.... well. That's just too good.  Grin

Fantastic work, sir!

Thank you, sir!

H-O-L-Y-C-R-A-P-!!!

That looks fantastic, mon ami. Very well done with lots of great, subtle touches.

Thanks, mate!

I'm going to be in the basement tinkering for days now, thank you very much.

Excellent! That's what I like to hear!

I love the fact that you added hatches in the vestplate for your pocketwatch.

Very clever and a very nice touch. 

Bravo.

Thank you! I always love it when the little details I put in don't go unnoticed. I always fret a bit about that when I'm putting things together.

Dear Vincent,

Very dashing ensemble with impressive accessories.  (Good accessories are my weakness)

Vienna

Thank you, my dear! *tip of the hat*

I'll try to to expoit that weakness too much. ^_Q
Mr. Salmagundi
Zeppelin Captain

richmedley
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 09:42:20 am »

Astounding work, sir!

Your breastplate works so well with the frock coat, I'm surprised I haven't seen the combination before.

Your entire group was well kitted out, and Al's photos do justice to all the incredible details.

I like the little lamps also, though I must say, Morluna's lamp was my favorite.  Cheesy
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 11:46:14 am »

I´m not always that impressed with the outfits on here, but this one is certainly something special. It makes me think a bit of a victorian age ghostbusters. Spectrebusters or how such would be called. Very good work indeed.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
DreddPirateBob
Officer

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 05:28:12 pm »

WHOA! many times on this forum i find myslef stunned (and not a little envious of the surplus of skills) but that takes the cake!

bravo and well done sir!

and yes, i love the blue glowy device, thats the first time i have seen what is one of my favourite computer effects to be made real. you have blurred the lines between dreams and mundane reality and made me a happy man. bravo again!
Tinkergirl
Brass Goggles Curator
Founders
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 07:27:27 pm »

Marvellous - quite marvellous, Sir.

You look as if you have just stepped off the set of a film that I'd very much want to watch - whatever it was.  Such attention to detail pleases me greatly and the breastplate and bracers look excellent in that brass colour.

Would you allow me the honour of posting about your costume at some point in the near future?
Vincent M. Dantes Esq.
Officer

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 11:06:20 pm »

Astounding work, sir!

Your breastplate works so well with the frock coat, I'm surprised I haven't seen the combination before.

Your entire group was well kitted out, and Al's photos do justice to all the incredible details.

I like the little lamps also, though I must say, Morluna's lamp was my favorite.  Cheesy

Thank you, sir!

I´m not always that impressed with the outfits on here, but this one is certainly something special. It makes me think a bit of a victorian age ghostbusters. Spectrebusters or how such would be called. Very good work indeed.

I appreciate it!

WHOA! many times on this forum i find myslef stunned (and not a little envious of the surplus of skills) but that takes the cake!

bravo and well done sir!

and yes, i love the blue glowy device, thats the first time i have seen what is one of my favourite computer effects to be made real. you have blurred the lines between dreams and mundane reality and made me a happy man. bravo again!

I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that! Thank you!

Marvellous - quite marvellous, Sir.

You look as if you have just stepped off the set of a film that I'd very much want to watch - whatever it was.  Such attention to detail pleases me greatly and the breastplate and bracers look excellent in that brass colour.

*bows* Thank you my dear lady, I am quite humbled.

Would you allow me the honour of posting about your costume at some point in the near future?

Shocked Please do! Why, I am all a-flutter.
Radio Saturday
Officer

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 12:11:04 am »

That is fantastic, sir!  Grin

I wish I had that much ambition.

OBSCURE
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2190763/1/">Anapura</a>
<a href="http://www.radiosaturday.com">Radio Saturday Press</a>
Lord Vespertine
Gunner

Workshy Fop

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 12:30:08 am »

Sorry old boy, but that really is too good. It's indecent. I shall have to confiscate it from you.
Col. Adrianna Hazard
Officer
Canada Canada

A Most Improper Victorian Lady

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 04:24:55 pm »

Oh my, you certainly have outdone yourself good sir! The costume is fantastic, Vincent. I extend to you my most sincere congratulations and admiration.
Justin Time
Officer

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 06:06:45 pm »

Outstanding!!

JIT

Have you never wondered what it would be like to walk between the ticks and tocks of Time?
Morluna
Officer

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 11:02:17 pm »

Astounding work, sir!

Teehee <3

[EDIT] 200th post, huzzah!

Laura Vaughn
Events Coordinator, Webmistress and Seamstress; Outland Armour

Laurilye Hutchinson - Explosives Technician and Bombadier; HMS Amaranth
Sir Theodore Catchpole
Snr. Officer

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 04:58:10 am »

look great
Vincent M. Dantes Esq.
Officer

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 07:06:38 am »

That is fantastic, sir!  Grin

I wish I had that much ambition.

Thank you! If you wish hard enough, you'll find it turns into ambition!

Sorry old boy, but that really is too good. It's indecent. I shall have to confiscate it from you.

*chuckles* Thanks! You know, I can be commissioned, if you have something in mind and a some money to burn. ^_Q

Oh my, you certainly have outdone yourself good sir! The costume is fantastic, Vincent. I extend to you my most sincere congratulations and admiration.

Thank you, my dear! I hope I am worthy of such veneration!

Outstanding!!

JIT

Thank you!

look great

Thanks, mate!
Stefan Freestate
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

Impresario of His Own Life's Circus

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 08:25:36 am »

Very fine battle suit. My friends and I are clustered around the screen gawking in envy.

Relinquo vos liberos.
Bobby_Brazil
Gunner
Brazil Brazil

steamed up

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 10:50:32 pm »

very nice

Listen for the unsaid, while believing the unseen
porkdemon
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2007, 01:34:34 am »

well, congradulations on your magnificent costume, i particularly love that tank on the back, is that completely filled with water or is it a sneaky illusion? the sholdur pad things are rather nice too, and as for that hand cannon, what can i say but pure genius.

again good sir i congradulate you.
Markus Stratus
Gunner

Jack-of-All-Trades by this point

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2007, 04:19:06 am »

Oi! I join all the other admirers whilst saying Bravo! But what I am amazed at the most is how much brass there is. I'm fairly aware of the cost of brass these days, and that much is quite expensive, but reading your dA pictures answered my question about that.
Another question I have though is, Are those goggles actually wearable? Grin

Cheerio there,
Markus

As Above, So below.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: