The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 29, 2020, 04:37:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonCon 2012 / Atlanta GA / Alternate History & Steampunk  (Read 1663 times)
Ex Libris
Officer
United States United States

Fine Automatons & Mechanical Assistants

« on: July 19, 2012, 03:49:55 am »

Hope I'm not duplicating a DragonCon 2012 thread somewhere...

It's on!

Who's coming?

Whatchya wearing?

What's on offer of particular interest to Steampunks and Alternate Historians?
A bunch.
See here...
http://alternatehistory.dragoncon.org/

Biggest and Best ever, y'all....Come on over!

Ex Libris
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 03:52:00 am »

I'll be there, I've got pieces in the Art Show, and I'm working ConSuite...I hope to see many folks there!

I haven't missed one since I started going in 1989...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:54:33 am by ForestB » Logged

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 05:16:25 am »

I'll be at Dragon*Con, as always! Not committed to any kind of work while I'm there, just having a good time. Smiley

Oh, you are beautiful! No really, you are, you're gorgeous! Space-age clockwork, I love it, I've got chills! Listen, I mean this from the heart - and by the way, count those - it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you.

But that won't stop me.
Vox Cerae
Gunner

Weird, but harmless.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 03:18:23 am »

I'm interested in making the journey there.. I dunno if I could, and if so it would be just as a saturday guest.
For a first-time con attendee what could I expect? I've looked at the site, but testimonials are always better.

I must reparate: Nothing morally decent happens after midnight.
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:43:09 pm »

Vox,

If you go one day only, the best advice I can give you about the entire con is show up for registration early. Find out what time it starts that day and be in line when it starts. I believe they are selling Saturday only passes online - go ahead and buy that in advance. The biggest pro-tip I have to offer is that registration can really eat into the time you have to enjoy the con, and you do yourself a big favor by preparing in any way you can to get through registration faster.

Other than that, expect large crowds. There's a party atmosphere at Dragon*Con, particularly at night. But most people are nice and as long as you feel comfortable going with the flow in a big crowd (which of course means tolerating slow movement and the occasional person that bumps into you), it's not a big deal. In fact, usually when I talk to people who don't like Dragon*Con, crowd anxiety is the problem.
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 01:43:57 am »

Another bit of Saturday DragonCon advice- get there in time for the parade, it's worth it...
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 02:52:22 am »

Another bit of Saturday DragonCon advice- get there in time for the parade, it's worth it...

YES.
Benzworth
Snr. Officer

Gravatar

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 04:05:14 am »

Will be there.  Once again in my hunter garb, though with a new gun(assuming the LEDs get here in time for me to finish the electronics).  I also have a new suit that I shall be wearing one of the days.  Have a couple of other outfits planned, but they won't be steampunk.
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain

ptliontamer
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 12:59:10 am »

Tea duelling will be in in the ConSuite @ the Hyatt. 4pm Friday and Saturday are the prelims -- you can only duel in one prelim. 4pm Sunday is the final followed by a Tournament of Champions.

Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain

ptliontamer
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 09:10:49 am »

Tea duelling will be in in the ConSuite @ the Hyatt. 4pm Friday and Saturday are the prelims -- you can only duel in one prelim. 4pm Sunday is the final followed by a Tournament of Champions.

Sadly tea Duelling has been cancelled.
artvixn
Officer

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 05:43:03 pm »

I will make it back this year after a brief hiatus.  I will be on a couple of panels and attending all the alt history events.  I am working on a couple of new outfits, so we'll see how far I manage to get.  So much to do!  Can't wait. 

****Steamcon IV ~ Victorian Monsters! ~ Oct. 26th - 28th~ Bellevue WA****

"Steampunk needs historical accuracy like a dirigible needs a goldfish" `Diana Vick
Vox Cerae
Gunner

Weird, but harmless.

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 02:00:54 am »

I will be going Saturday, all day. Finally get to break out my utilitarian American-German scientist alternate history outfit!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: