The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 19, 2019, 04:58:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steamships to return to Llandudno Pier, North Wales.  (Read 6620 times)
Daedalus Forge
Gunner
Wales Wales

I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it.

DaedalusForge
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:25:06 pm »

Just thought I'd pop this link from the North Wales Pioneer newspaper: http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/113809/-200-000-to-bring-ships-back-to-llandudno-pier.aspx

Apparently, by summer 2013, Steamships will again be taking passengers from Llandudno Pier.  I know that, in the past, there was a stem ferry from Llandudno Pier to the Isle of Man.

Looks interesting.

"The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea... and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken."  Capt. Daedalus Dashwood Forge, immediately prior to the Battle of the Weddell Sea, Antarctica.
Aethera Verdigris
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

AKA Prof. Hayley Tempest. AV? What was I thinking?

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 02:56:07 pm »

I do apologise for taking so long to reply to this one since I first noticed it... a few weeks back.
Thank you for taking the time to post the article, it would be lovely to have the pier returned to it's proper purpose and a steam ship to the Isle of Man would be perfect!
I really like Llandudno. A lot accuse it of being a giant retirement home, but it has a wonderful Victorian vibe: the old hotels, the promenade, Punch & Judy, the pier, the tramway, the camera obscura and I particularly enjoy visiting when the steam fair is on.
Is there a Steampunk presence?
If not then it is the perfect outing for one of the nearby groups.

Mind you we must not scare the locals. Wink
Lady Chrystal
Master Tinkerer
Wales Wales

Lady Adventurer, Chronicler

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:11:35 pm »

That is excellent news!

Note to self: must arrange a trip to Llandudno for next year

"The Chrystal? Ah, now - that would be telling."
Marasi
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 12:20:43 pm »

I'm going to Llandudno in a few days... too bad I can't fast-forward it a year!

I'll have to let my dad know about this, he'd love it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: