The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 26, 2021, 01:17:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Capitol Bartitsu Society (DC/NoVA)  (Read 1029 times)
Nora Knightsbridge
Deck Hand
United States United States

Lady Explorer

« on: May 24, 2012, 03:29:04 pm »

Hello all!  I wasn't sure if I should just stick this in the Guild of DC thread, or make its own...so hopefully I did this right. Wink

After SPWF this year, and a year's worth of hoping to find a closer bartitsu group to me or with well intentioned desires to get to PA and practice never quite realizing - I'm going to take the initiative and work on setting up the Capitol Bartitsu Society here in Arlington, VA (or DC - really anywhere nearby we can get space).  If we can line up a minimum of 5-6 people to participate, Mark Donnelly even said he'd be able to come down and work with us about once a month - so fantastic news!  Now, I just need the bodies *ahem*.

Thinking only once a month, either a weekend afternoon or evening, depending on what works for folks.  It will be steam-themed, though I'm certainly willing to open it to other martial-arts enthusiasts if they wish to play.  In the near term, we'll probably just use outdoor park space (possibly even on the Mall), and I'm trying to line up indoor space for the winter if possible.

Anyway - if this is something you'd be interested in, please email me at jadavisdc@gmail.com. Thanks! I've got probably 3-4 people lined up so far, including myself and my husband, but the more, the merrier!  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: