The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 19, 2019, 08:53:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dishonoured  (Read 14759 times)
Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

What Watt ?!

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 04:55:17 pm »

I just hope the first person gameplay is smooth.
Quite often first person shoot em ups give me motion sickness Sad

"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 03:21:26 pm »

Quick announcement for those who don't obsessivly follow this stuff; the date of December 31st was WRONG!! Shock and, indeed, horror!
Instead it's being released October the 9th for the Americas, and the 12th for Europe.
~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
Ulysses Reynolds
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Just keep on flying.

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 10:05:34 pm »

Well that's odd? It's listed as September ninth at every store I go to.

There is a reason for this. And trust me, when a bunch of harry potter geeks think your fucking retarded, you know there is something wrong.
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 10:08:42 pm »

Maybe a typo? The date up there is from the "Bethblog" so I assume they know what they're talking about... Could you post a shops web page with the other date on it? Maybe it was moved up ever further (hopeful!)?
~Longeye~
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:11 am »

Judging from a couple of gamer sites I'm on, I'm getting the impression a rather big AAA hitter is being released around the fall or there abouts. I haven't heard of too much that's exciting me personally, but something may well be panicking certain smaller devs (they're all saying it's been done to allow time for further tweaking which could also be true). Bioshock Infinite has been put back to 2013 and now I hear the Tomb Raider reboot has gone the same way.

The favourite theory atm is there may be a new Grand Theft Auto release date on the horizon. Not my cup of tea so It's looking to be a fairly dull year on the console side of things, and I'm hoping this one doesn't get delayed as well.

Still fingers crossed that it won't.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:12:06 am by Argus Fairbrass » Logged

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
Wandering Scholar
Snr. Officer
Wales Wales

...but you can call me Matt

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 06:14:03 pm »

Gameplay trailer from E3:

Dishonored - E3 2012 Exclusive Gameplay Trailer

"The more I learn about the laws of science the more I want to break them."

Mwa-Hah-Hah-HA! Yes, I am a Mad Scientist! Call us Sparky, Mad boys, heck call us that Bugger who lives up on the Hill, but what ever you call us We have the power of SCIENCE! Sure sometimes we hit the occasional hitch in our plans (like a mob of villagers with pitchforks) but do we let that stop us? Of course not! There is SCIENCE! to be done and there will always be SCIENCE! to do.
Mr Bellows
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 06:40:02 pm »

Whats notte to like ??....I might just about have time to purchase this item of impending loveliness before the Memsahib threatens to Divorce me for playing on the Xbox for too long again  Grin

In my opinion it ain't the weapon that counts, its the man that wields it that matters
kstrtroi
Swab

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 07:00:06 pm »

The graphics for some of these games just keeps getting better and better each time.  Reminds me of Assassin's Creed a little.
Gunner Gregson
Snr. Officer
England England

Hired Gun, Gunsmith

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 11:53:36 pm »

Already got this game on my 'must own' list
After looking at some of the E3 footage im just more excited

Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 06:13:39 am »

Hmm, no one seems to have posted the gameplay demo actually. Here's a French person, really not selling it too well. Looks like a lot of thought has gone into it, but may not be an easy one to impress with just via a demo. The graphics are very Bioshock, so more stylised than photo realistic, but gameplay looks pretty deep to me.

Dishonored E3 2012 Demo - IGN Live
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:31:07 pm by Argus Fairbrass » Logged
Lady_Eliza
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »

Eeeeeep  Grin So excited for this game! I already decided I must own it. Can't Wait!

~* Lizzie *~

~ Disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi oras moriturus – Learn as if you were living forever, live as if tomorrow were your last ~
Dr Neko
Snr. Officer

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 12:06:03 am »

As near as I can see the release date is still in Oct. However I think the Sept date would of been better as Black Ops2 is slated to be released in Nov and that can only hurt the sales for a killer game such as this.

President Lincoln was a rip roaring Joker he was! Why he was known to ask on many occasion. . . "How is a Woman like a Barrel?" When his baffled listener replied they was unsure he would reply. . . "You have to lift the Hoop before putting your head in!"
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 12:17:27 am »

Ok, so...

I think I'm sold.

It looks very Bioshock, yes (Graphically speaking), but also VERY Fallout 3/NV (and the fact that Bethesda is the studio behind it may have something to do with that).

Now, for those what DON'T know me, Bioshock is one of my favorite games in the history of ever, and Fallout 3/NV makes me so VERY happy.

Judging by the gore effects, it makes me think of Postal 2:  Eternal Damnation. 

Either way, I am excite.  I am maybe have to make go order of Pre.  I only do that for the most super special of all games in the history of ever.

Except when I Preordred DNF (back in 1997, and then again in 2010).  That game was sh*te.

Very.

VERY.

Sh*te.

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
Lt. Thomas Corvidae
Snr. Officer

Gentleman Artist and Collector of Curious Things

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 04:26:33 pm »

I am still unsure about this. As an avid player of Oblivion and Skyrim and Fallout 3 I can only hope that it is a free roaming game where I can completely ignore the main quests and roam about the ficticious London underworld and get into trouble (is it free roaming? I haven't done my research yet).  Though I doubt it is due to the fact that you are seeking revenge, which is kind of a goal one does not forget or dally about when trying to reach.

On the other hand, I did enjoy Assassin's Creed, and as already stated, looks a lot like it...who knows. I shall need to know more before spending the money.

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
Wandering Scholar
Snr. Officer
Wales Wales

...but you can call me Matt

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 04:24:31 pm »

Lt. Corvidae,

From what I've been reading, it seems the game will have a central hub area from which you can access the various missions. So a bit like Wolfenstein (The newest one) I'd imagine; the question is how many distractions will be provided in this hub. That said, the mission areas seem pretty open and you are free to be as inventive as you like when tackling them, for instance there are two demos of the above level where the player completes the objective in very different styles: the Golden Cat parts 1 and 2 on this link http://www.youtube.com/user/BethesdaSoftworks (I can't post the videos directly since I don't have a youtube account to verify my age Tongue ). Hope this info helps Smiley
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 09:01:01 pm »

Impressive. I admire the multiple paths route (something I particularly liked in Bioshock) and the ability to mix the powers and weapons together (which was a bit of a let down in Bioshock as there were multiple ways to get through certain areas, and defeat masses of enemies, but it required quite a bit of thought on how to do it, and was more a choice of whether you relied more on your weapons, or your abilities, and in particular WHICH weapons as the multiple ammos were neat but you really had to choose what type of enemy you'd rather use that weapon against). I also like the ability to make the assassinations look like accidents (the ability to avoid getting your hands dirty to achieve some objectives I'll not pass comment on until I've seen it, but it sounds interesting), which would be good since it helps keep you stealthy, which would be my main criticism of assassins' creed as they put so much emphasis on stealth for the side missions but once you've completed the main objective it pretty much goes straight out of the window.

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Lt. Thomas Corvidae
Snr. Officer

Gentleman Artist and Collector of Curious Things

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 10:39:00 pm »

Lt. Corvidae,

From what I've been reading, it seems the game will have a central hub area from which you can access the various missions. So a bit like Wolfenstein (The newest one) I'd imagine; the question is how many distractions will be provided in this hub. That said, the mission areas seem pretty open and you are free to be as inventive as you like when tackling them, for instance there are two demos of the above level where the player completes the objective in very different styles: the Golden Cat parts 1 and 2 on this link http://www.youtube.com/user/BethesdaSoftworks (I can't post the videos directly since I don't have a youtube account to verify my age Tongue ). Hope this info helps Smiley

I'm sure it will! Though, I have to remember my own name and password to youtube first. Thanks for the link though!
Fat Spider
Snr. Officer

I'm always Casting something

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2012, 01:14:25 am »

Ooo! so many games so little time Sad

I never played Assassins Creed but when the vid first started it reminded me a little of Thief (does that show my age?) but this one may well make it onto my bucket list Grin

Don't Worry, Be Happy.
Aleister Crow
Zeppelin Overlord

It's only an Unnamable Horror until you name it.

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 02:28:11 pm »

Q&A posted on Bethesda's Blog.

Sadly, they lost me right here.

Q:Is Dishonored open world, or linear with a variety of options?

Arkane: No, Dishonored is not open world, it is mission based. Each mission is built as a mini sandbox, so the missions are open and offer several paths and approaches.

That fantastically beautiful world they've created... and we aren't free to just explore it. :'(

'How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spread his claws,
And welcome little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!'
Duellist
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

Toymaker, Storyteller, Captain of the Acheron

AnthonyHJ
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 11:05:08 am »

Just because it's not open-world (in the Elder Scrolls way) doesn't make it open.  Just look at the original Deus Ex, the freedom it gave you to find your own solutions, giving the maximum openness within an essentially-linear mission progression, and the new one did a fairly good job of continuing that.  Linearity is not always the same as railroading...

Some are born strange, some attain strangeness, and some have strangeness thrust upon them.
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2012, 09:39:36 pm »

Some quite surprising names amongst the voice talent.

http://xerposa.com/dishonored-celebrity-cast

Doc Rivets
Officer
Australia Australia

Relative Density Tester

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 12:55:23 pm »

Linearity is not always the same as railroading...

That deserves to be on a T-Shirt. Very good.

Despite liking computer games since the dawn of the PC, I don't play them any more because, there are hardly any that grab me any more. There's a terrible sameness in overall concept, style, visual design, gameplay, basic plot (for those that actually HAVE plot) etc to far, far too many games these days.

But THIS grabs me. Like whooo yeah. It will probably be the only game I buy this year. But it could just be THE game of the year.
All I can think is the Assassins Creed series (which I love) goes Steampunk.
Bring it on!

Doc.

Telepathic Cheesecake Supporter.

"The law of gravity, may need to be repealed."
Mr Bellows
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 11:24:09 am »

Just because it's not open-world (in the Elder Scrolls way) doesn't make it open.

Notte open World ??

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry  Notte Happy
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 11:45:26 am »

Just because it's not open-world (in the Elder Scrolls way) doesn't make it open.

Notte open World ??

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry  Notte Happy

Well, it's not fully open world, a la oblivion, but it is non-linear and offers multiple paths to the same objective.
Duellist
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

Toymaker, Storyteller, Captain of the Acheron

AnthonyHJ
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2012, 12:05:06 pm »

My understanding is that it's about as open as Deus Ex HR or Thief 3; here's an environment and an objective, find your own way through.  I actually prefer that in some ways, as true open worlds can get a little boring after a while.  I mean, I'm an ESAK according to Bartle, but I still like to have a goal and a nudge in the right direction...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: