The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 19, 2019, 09:30:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dishonoured  (Read 14761 times)
Duellist
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

Toymaker, Storyteller, Captain of the Acheron

AnthonyHJ
« on: April 18, 2012, 01:11:17 pm »

Well this looks interesting. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyDvT7XpaBc

Some are born strange, some attain strangeness, and some have strangeness thrust upon them.
Professor Phineas Brownsm
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 01:47:31 pm »

something for all of you to have a look into

EDIT: http://www.dishonored.com/#
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:08:02 am by Professor Phineas Brownsm » Logged

Experimental Master Brewer - The Infamous Ginger Brau Emporium
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 01:51:16 pm »

You forgot the link, but the game looks awesome. Is that just an intro to the game or is it actual game-play?

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 02:24:28 pm »

Certainly does!

Dishonored: Creating Steampunk Beauty

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 02:28:42 pm »

Hey guys, as this game looks to be quite big I've pulled it out of the "master games" thread and merged it with its own special thread. How nice for it Wink
~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
Wolf410
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 07:32:57 pm »

this kinda looks like an assassins creed redo but set in the steampunk victorian london...not that im complaining as i love assassins creed...plus this game looks goregous

Only In The Air Can We Be Truly Free
Duellist
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

AnthonyHJ
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 08:15:01 pm »

this kinda looks like an assassins creed redo but set in the steampunk victorian london...
My first thought was that it looked like a next-gen Thief without the pacifism.  Given that the team includes Harvey Smith, who worked on the Thief series, I am optimistic...
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 08:31:18 pm »

Actually that's a better analogy. I said it was "What Assassins' Creed 3 should be".
<pedant>As an aside; surely it's not "assassins" creed, it is the creed belonging to multiple assassins, thus the "assassins'" creed?</pedant>
~Longeye~
Duellist
Zeppelin Captain

Gravatar

AnthonyHJ
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 09:06:58 pm »

<pedant>As an aside; surely it's not "assassins" creed, it is the creed belonging to multiple assassins, thus the "assassins'" creed?</pedant>
If all assassins follow it or it is the creed of the larger group, it can be the assassin's creed; it is the creed of the assassin.
If you are talking about the creed of a small subset, it would be the assassins' creed; it is the creed of these specific assassins.

Since Altair seems to have killed off the assassins who didn't follow his version of the creed in Revelations, I suppose the game is legitimately named Assassin's Creed.

(on a related note, I once got two warnings from a certain gaming site's profanity filter for a single use of the word assassin; one more warning in a single post and I would have been automatically perma-banned, so I was just lucky the assassin in question was not from Scunthorpe)
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 11:32:00 pm »

I must confess I found Assassin's Creed incredibly dull and never finished it. I understand the series has evolved to become quite brilliant, so i should probably persist. I'm just not a big stealth fan you see. Partly because I find it kind of boring, but mainly because I'm about as stealthy as a bull in a china shop, and so needless to say am forever subject to "epic fail" as today's youth seem so fond of saying.

So I'm glad to hear this game will offer the choice of running in and blowing everyone's ballz off instead if that's more one's style. Infinitely preferable imho and always jolly fun!
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 02:31:17 pm »

You forgot the link, but the game looks awesome. Is that just an intro to the game or is it actual game-play?

I will add the caveat however that even if it is pure stealth, I'll still get it because it looks like a fantastic piece of art. To answer bb's question it seems no actual gameplay footage has yet been released.
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »

Oh! Yes it has! Sorry, I forgot to link here!!
Dishonored: Creating Steampunk Beauty

~Longeye~
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 03:07:06 pm »

I love open world games, although without a decent storyline to follow it gets dull after a while. I'm an old school player. I liked the Tony Hawk games (totally different genre, but also open world), but I didn't like the GTA games. I've played Assassin's Creed with my cousin, but I would give it an "average" 6 out of 10.
A sandbox/open world game would be awesome. The ability to build something unique in a world where you can move around freely and with a good storyline.
If the game looks exactly like the teasers, it could be an amasing game. Now it all depends on the gameplay. I wonder if it is going to be a multiplayer game. Not that it should, but I'm just wondering.
Smaggers
Zeppelin Admiral

You cannot mesmerize me...I'm British!

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »

Same guys who did Arx Fatalis.  so yeah, I may even pre-order this. Which is something I never usually do.

"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk
Wandering Scholar
Snr. Officer
Wales Wales

...but you can call me Matt

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 09:14:16 pm »

Article and video talking a little bit about the gameplay: http://uk.gamespot.com/dishonored/previews/dishonored-exclusive-first-look-preview-6365672/

This has shot straight up my 'must buy' list and is sitting at the top next to Bioshock: Infinite. From what I've seen/read it definitely looks like it's going towards the style of the Thief games, which is excellent news in my book Smiley

"The more I learn about the laws of science the more I want to break them."

Mwa-Hah-Hah-HA! Yes, I am a Mad Scientist! Call us Sparky, Mad boys, heck call us that Bugger who lives up on the Hill, but what ever you call us We have the power of SCIENCE! Sure sometimes we hit the occasional hitch in our plans (like a mob of villagers with pitchforks) but do we let that stop us? Of course not! There is SCIENCE! to be done and there will always be SCIENCE! to do.
Velkan
Officer
England England

Alpin R. Autumngrey

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 09:27:17 pm »

I've taken a particular liking to his mask

Told that i look like a victorian teacher.....kinda proud of that Smiley
Augustus Longeye
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:06 pm »

For those who've not seen it there is a video here with some description of gameplay (and more in-game footage) as well as an article talking about some of the stuff that will be possible in the game.
http://uk.gamespot.com/dishonored/previews/dishonored-exclusive-first-look-preview-6365672/
~Longeye~
Sebastion clankcog
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:15 am »

Have to say I am really liking the look of this game and it should be fun to see how it turns out.

A Gentleman and a Scholar
Neesa
Swab

United States United States

dragonsentwined
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »

Wow, the graphics look amazing. I wonder how actual game play will handle though?

I write stories about airship pirates.
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/freetezomea
Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock
Zeppelin Admiral

What Watt ?!

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 06:23:11 pm »

Damn it - now I need to wait for two new games.

This and BS Infinite  Grin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:57:11 am by Prof Thadeus Q. Wychlock » Logged

"In a world whose only quarrel with instant gratification is that it takes too long, we are practitioners of a dying art: patience."
Smaggers
Zeppelin Admiral

You cannot mesmerize me...I'm British!

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »

Indeed, I am moist with anticipation.
Madasasteamfish
A clanger waiting to be dropped......
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

09madasafish
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 08:21:24 pm »

This does look amazing. Puts me in mind of what (at least what I think) would result if you mixed Assassins Creed with Bioshock.

I can't wait to sort out my new desktop (This is going to be high on the list of games I buy once I've got it).

I made a note in my diary on the way over here. Simply says; "Bugger!"

"DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH."
Captain Braid
Snr. Officer

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 09:34:42 am »

If only the trailer were actually for a movie, I'd have no hesitation about paying good money to watch that.
I don't "Do" computer games and find nothing appealling about them.

Experienced enough to know my limitations,
Old enough to know better,
Relaxed enough not to care.
Tiny5th
Snr. Officer

Captain of the H.M.S. Venerable

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 11:24:03 am »

This game looks highly interesting, definitely going to be checking this out myself.

Also HIGHLY glad to see BG has retained the same civility and level heads I have always known it for, a discussion about this game I saw elsewhere ended up devolving into a massive argument about the different -punk subcultures, as many are declaring this to be 'whalepunk' as their technology all runs on whale oil rather than steam.

Inventing is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.
Flightless Phoenix
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 04:48:43 pm »

Might be time to buy my own games console... This looks amazing.

cemeteryresearcher.com

'a lighthearted academic blog about funerary practice' - Updates Sundays*

*gremlins permitting
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: