The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 02:07:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insights into Detroit's "World Steam Expo 2012"?  (Read 404 times)
JeffOYB
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: April 08, 2012, 03:04:30 pm »

Hi!

I'm new to all this, but I'd really like to participate in Michigan's Memorial Day weekend festivities. Anyone have any fresh lowdown on what to expect? I note that the event website is rather empty and largely under construction. There's no Events list or Schedule yet. Anyone know what tends to happen where and when?

I also note that the Expo encourages a strong tie-in with Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum, which seems super to me. What steamy venues! 

But...

It's also the biggest weekend of the year for these venues for their Civil War Memorial weekend re-enactments.

So... How does Steam interact with the "official" Civil War period costumery? How do the two groups interact? How much Steam presence is there at those venues? Which day/time is best for Steamery to appear?

THANKS! --JP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: