The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 07, 2021, 01:46:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)  (Read 241113 times)
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2150 on: April 22, 2018, 11:17:06 am »

Piccy from yesterday's Bantock House West Midlands Steampunk Assembly trip. A lovely day out with lovely people and, unusually for this spring in the UK, lovely weather  Smiley

Yours,
Miranda.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2151 on: April 22, 2018, 09:13:35 pm »

That's a lovely outfit; you look really at home in that setting too.

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2152 on: April 22, 2018, 09:49:00 pm »

Piccy from yesterday's Bantock House West Midlands Steampunk Assembly trip. A lovely day out with lovely people and, unusually for this spring in the UK, lovely weather  Smiley

Yours,
Miranda.

You look fabulous in that picture, Miranda!

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2153 on: April 22, 2018, 10:17:37 pm »

Thank you both! The house certainly made a great backdrop for a Steampunk outing and the gardens were lovely too. Free entry as well. Definitely worth a visit for anyone who finds themselves in the Wolverhampton area.

Yours,
Miranda.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Caledon MacHinery (they/them)

« Reply #2154 on: April 24, 2018, 12:53:22 pm »

one photo from Elfia

I struggle and arise
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #2155 on: April 24, 2018, 08:20:03 pm »

one photo from Elfia

Photo not showing up...
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #2156 on: April 24, 2018, 08:43:26 pm »

[

one photo from Elfia

Photo not showing up...

Oh no! Let me try again.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2157 on: April 24, 2018, 09:06:46 pm »

Excellent! You get my vote for the next Doctor after Jodie Whittaker  Cheesy

Yours,
Miranda.
Helena G. Wells
Deck Hand
France France

« Reply #2158 on: April 28, 2018, 04:10:27 pm »

Bonjour !

I love this thread !!   Smiley
i love your outfits !

Actually, i'm sewing a skirt, and i'm looking for accessories...
i want to wear my steampunk clothes even to go towork...
when i'll ready, i'll post picture !

I'm french, my english isn't good, sorry...
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #2159 on: April 29, 2018, 11:04:33 am »

Nice. Hope you had your screwdriver with you.

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2160 on: April 29, 2018, 10:30:23 pm »

A couple of piccys from today's trip to Avoncroft msueum of historic buildings. A couple of points to note: firstly, I am taking inspiration from Caledonian here Smiley, and secondly that is my winter outfit when it's only a couple of days until May...  Undecided

Yours,
Miranda.

P.S.

Bonjour !

i love your outfits !

I'm looking forwards to seeing your creation! The accessories I like to add to all my outfits (aside form a collection of broaches) are decorative chains (taken from charity shop necklaces) hanging off which may be a pocket watch, a brass compass, a brass (coloured) compact and various 'charms'. However, if I'm in my vampire hunter mode these can be replaced with vials of holtwater, garlic and silver (coloured) spikes  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 10:38:41 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #2161 on: April 30, 2018, 05:56:56 am »

A couple of piccys from today's trip to Avoncroft msueum of historic buildings. A couple of points to note: firstly, I am taking inspiration from Caledonian here Smiley, and secondly that is my winter outfit when it's only a couple of days until May...  Undecided

Yours,
Miranda.

P.S.

Bonjour !

I love this thread !!   Smiley
i love your outfits !

I'm looking forwards to seeing your creation! The accessories I like to add to all my outfits (aside form a collection of broaches) are decorative chains (taken from charity shop necklaces) hanging off which may be a pocket watch, a brass compass, a brass (coloured) compact and various 'charms'. However, if I'm in my vampire hunter mode these can be replaced with vials of holtwater, garlic and silver (coloured) spikes  Roll Eyes

Wow. Wonderful outfit; but I imagine a bit too warm for this time of year?
Helena G. Wells
Deck Hand
France France

« Reply #2162 on: April 30, 2018, 08:59:31 am »

Yours,
Miranda.

P.S.

Bonjour !

i love your outfits !

I'm looking forwards to seeing your creation! The accessories I like to add to all my outfits (aside form a collection of broaches) are decorative chains (taken from charity shop necklaces) hanging off which may be a pocket watch, a brass compass, a brass (coloured) compact and various 'charms'. However, if I'm in my vampire hunter mode these can be replaced with vials of holtwater, garlic and silver (coloured) spikes  Roll Eyes

What a wonderful outfit, Miranda !

Mine will not be so wonderful !

My desk is finished, but it's not the real skirt, it's "a draft" (in french, we said "une toile")
(Sorry, i'm not sure about the word, my english is not good enough !
First i did the "draft", with old fabric, and now, i can do the "real" skirt, with the fabric i want for the outfit?

Cordialement, Helena G.W.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2163 on: April 30, 2018, 06:44:46 pm »

Wow. Wonderful outfit; but I imagine a bit too warm for this time of year?

Thank you; it was actually really cold here in the UK over the weekend, 2 celcius overnight and just 9 in the day with a bitterly cold wind. So even with it on I was chilled enough by the end of the afternoon to really welcome the tea shop's hot chocolate.

What a wonderful outfit, Miranda !

Mine will not be so wonderful !

My desk is finished, but it's not the real skirt, it's "a draft" (in french, we said "une toile")
(Sorry, i'm not sure about the word, my english is not good enough !
First i did the "draft", with old fabric, and now, i can do the "real" skirt, with the fabric i want for the outfit?

Cordialement, Helena G.W.

Merci beaucoup! Always a good idea to make up a toile first; now the fun bit is choosing the final fabric (although I'm a real skinflint and get most of my material from the charity shop; most of the outfit in the above pictures used to be a duvet...)

Yours,
Miranda.
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #2164 on: April 30, 2018, 07:43:33 pm »

Oh my God!! A Steampunk Louise Brooks! I just stumbled upon this photo on Pinterest... (I know I'm geeking over it, but she's my new hero!  Cheesy)

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2165 on: May 20, 2018, 11:10:43 pm »

A couple of piccys from the West Midlands Steampunk Assembly's recent residency at the Black Country Living Museum's Red by Night event. Amongst various displays I was showing some of my Steampunk outfits.

Looking at it again, the one by the piano looks slightly tipsy - I promise I hadn't been imbibing the scrumpy from the BCLM pub! Also the line around the bottom of the frock is chalk dust - we were based in the old schoolhouse which hosts 'lessons' every day, and moving around the benches to make space for teapot racing and tea duelling made it a touch dusty.

Yours,
Miranda.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:22:57 pm by Miranda.T » Logged
J. Wilhelm
Board Moderator
Immortal

« Reply #2166 on: May 21, 2018, 06:47:01 am »

A couple of piccys from the West Midlands Steampunk Assembly's recent residency at the Black Country Living Museum's Red by Night event. Amongst various displays I was showing some of my Steampunk outfits.

Looking at it again, the one by the piano looks slightly tipsy - I promise I hadn't been imbibing the scrumpy from the BCLM pub! Also the line around the bottom of the frock is chalk dust - we were based in the old schoolhouse which hosts 'lessons' every day, and moving around the benches to make space for teapot racing and tea duelling made it a touch dusty.

Yours,
Miranda.

Uh huh! Well, wonderful photos anyhow. No one will fault you for drinking a bit at the pub. And I can almost hear the piano playing!
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2167 on: May 21, 2018, 10:51:30 pm »

Uh huh! Well, wonderful photos anyhow. No one will fault you for drinking a bit at the pub. And I can almost hear the piano playing!

We didn't have time to go down to the pub  Roll Eyes. By the time that piccy was taken (about 9:30 in the evening, although the CCD on the camera makes it look far brighter than it really was) we'd been meeting and greeting the general public and educating them on Steampunk since 10am with a couple of hours break between the daytime opening of the museum and the start of the evening event. I think everyone that had been there throughout the day was feeling a little slumpy by that point. But it was worth it; there was lot of interest in our displays, some really nice conversations with those keen to learn more and hopefully a few people who have been presuaded to join the ranks of Steampunk. And the dressing-up rail was very popular  Smiley.

Yours,
Miranda.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2168 on: May 30, 2018, 08:09:04 pm »

Yours,
Miranda.

How splendid you look.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2169 on: May 30, 2018, 11:41:39 pm »

How splendid you look.

Thank you! It was nice to give that frock an outing; due to the need to have the hooped skirt underneath it, it doesn't get to be worn as often as I would like. I had considered gving it a whirl on the Whitby trip when we were staying in town (and so I didn't have to drive), but then a moment's consideration of the Whiltby wind told me that wearing something resembling a parachute on my lower half might not be a great idea...

Yours,
Miranda.

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2170 on: June 18, 2018, 09:31:07 pm »

Here's a piccy from the WMSA's recent trip to the wonderful Wightwick Manor near Wolverhampton:

The top here is my venerable Axford's corset. At nearly 30 years old it was getting so threadbear that I think I could have passed it off as an actual Victorian garment; hence the addition of the white ribbon to all the frayed sections down the boning channels, busk and boning either side of the eyelets, and the addition of a brand new (and much wider than the original...) modesty panel. I have to say I'm really pleased at how it turned out. The skirt is made from some black chiffon curtains from the charity shop, the swagging from some old lace netting and the bustle 'topping' is a ruched up white petticoat.

Anyway, I feel I should probably be slightly embarrassed that most of this page seems to be me. Does anyone else have any piccys to post up before this thread turns into Miranda's vanity project? Roll Eyes

Yours,
Miranda.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2171 on: June 23, 2018, 11:28:35 pm »

Another weekend, another event, another outfit...

Fabulous weather, a fabulous range of activities and even more fabulous company  Smiley.

Yours,
Miranda.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #2172 on: June 27, 2018, 04:22:48 pm »

Another weekend, another event, another outfit...

Fabulous weather, a fabulous range of activities and even more fabulous company  Smiley.

Yours,
Miranda.

great picture!
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2173 on: June 27, 2018, 05:51:14 pm »

great picture!

Thank you! Have you been to any events so far this summer?

Yours,
Miranda.
Caledonian
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

« Reply #2174 on: July 01, 2018, 07:32:53 pm »

great picture!

Thank you! Have you been to any events so far this summer?

Yours,
Miranda.

I have, but not many pictures were taken.

this from Elfia

and this from keltfest

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: