The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 22, 2021, 10:32:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)  (Read 236103 times)
Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2012, 10:10:40 pm »

Just some more photos, this time at the Wonderful National trust property of Erddig near Wrexham (North Wales)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And a good time was had by all.
Some amazing photos there sir. I'm loving your friends fur collared coat.

Yes his coat is Brilliant I would love to have one myself.

Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2012, 01:46:40 am »

Dressed in new rocket pack.  I asked my wife to take pictures of me in my new rocket pack, but instead she took pictures of my grandfather wearing it. Wink

Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2012, 04:35:06 pm »

Dressed in new rocket pack.  I asked my wife to take pictures of me in my new rocket pack, but instead she took pictures of my grandfather wearing it. Wink

Sir that looks great , I do hope however that your trousers are made from Martian fireproof thread Smiley
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2012, 08:19:40 pm »

For that extra boost, have a bowl of chili about an hour before flight. 
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2012, 10:29:51 pm »

*drumroll please* this is a first for me, I'm actually going to post a photo. Here goes.

It was taken at the Fool's Ball in Malvern last month. (A neighbour saw me getting into the car like that. "Are you going to a masked ball or somethin'?" he asked. No s**t, Sherlock.)

'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night’
Unsubtle Pete
Snr. Officer
England England

Discerning Scoundrel.

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2012, 11:34:39 pm »

*drumroll please* this is a first for me, I'm actually going to post a photo. Here goes.

Very impressive

It was taken at the Fool's Ball in Malvern last month. (A neighbour saw me getting into the car like that. "Are you going to a masked ball or somethin'?" he asked. No s**t, Sherlock.)

Should have said you were off to fight/commit* crime.

*Delete as appropriate

With his stovepipe hat and his drainpipe trousers he was a credit to his ironmonger.

NEW Discerning Scoundrel blog
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2012, 11:53:14 pm »

You look as pretty as you are, young lady.

Wink

greatestescaper
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2012, 12:38:47 am »

Lovely photo there SteamBlast Mary.   In reference to your goofy neighbor, I saw a great quote of a feller who was in the grocery store when he ran into a friend of his who asked "Well what're you doing here?"  "Oh, ya know, just hunting elephants" was the suggested response.  I'm a fan of such responses.  Leave them scratching their heads, it usually leaves a smile on your own face as well.

This was taken of me at a bike ride lighthouse tour (40 miles) starting and ending at Portland Maine.  When I walked up to finish registering the folks were scratching their heads and finally one of 'em found the gall to ask if I was in fact a rider.  When I told her I was, she told me I was an interesting rider.  After the fourth or fifth person asking if my tea (in the flask on my hip) was whisky, I started telling them it was.  Made for an interesting day.  Best response I got was a feller passing me on the left, as he did so he saluted and said "On yer left.  Carry on soldier".

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -Baron Munchausen
Rushing's Rarities
Zeppelin Captain

Formerly "superbill22"

« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2012, 01:37:03 am »

I'm a fan of such responses.

A brief anecdote, while working on the Gold Finch http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,30440.msg690754.html#msg690754, I visited a grocerey store to purchase plastic straws to prevent my wiring from grounding on the metal insides of the gun. I asked an employee, "where would I find 'bendy straws'?" he showed me to them and asked, "are you having a party?" and I responded, quite honestly, "No, I'm building a ray gun." His face was priceless.

Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2012, 04:26:26 am »

Another fine selection. Everyone looks quite spiffy.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:17:48 pm by Herbert West » Logged

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:24 pm »

My dear Miss Mary you do look spiffing, great outfit Smiley   - It may make a good Avatar as well!

Grum
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:51:23 pm by Grumfoss » Logged
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »

Ms. Mary, you look beautiful. That is a lovely outfit.

Greatestescaper, you look quite good as well. Sounds like the ride was lots of fun.

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
greatestescaper
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2012, 05:55:30 pm »

Thanks all.  Another anecdote to share, this happened yesterday.  I've been tilling a yard for a friend, which is hard dry dirt.  I've been working in a perpetual cloud of dirt for the past two days.  The dirt is of a similar color to my gus-crowned hat (so that looks real nice), and my jeans and shirt and the bandana I wear over my face are caked in it also.  I dismounted my bicycle while running errands on my way home from work and someone asked if it was hard roping cattle with such a rig.  I guess I look a bit funny, and should probably get a photo.
Gwenifer Scorpio
Snr. Officer

Behold the Prancing Beast of Doom

« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2012, 07:29:27 pm »

The Steampunk Society of Nebraska went out a few weeks ago to Lauritzen Gardens, a beautiful garden park, for general pictures and whimsey. These are a few of my favorites. (Also, I have blue hair in the photos. Woo!)

Miss Scarlett in the library with the candlestick!

Gwenifer H. Scorpio, O.S.E., CALES Alumni
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2012, 08:21:10 pm »

The Steampunk Society of Nebraska went out a few weeks ago to Lauritzen Gardens, a beautiful garden park, for general pictures and whimsey. These are a few of my favorites. (Also, I have blue hair in the photos. Woo!)

Awesome pictures!
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2012, 09:02:15 pm »

Ooooooh! Lovely!  Smiley
Did you make that dress yourself?

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)
Mrs. Whatsit
Snr. Officer

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2012, 11:50:57 pm »

Ooooooh! Lovely!  Smiley
Did you make that dress yourself?
I agree, so very pretty, Steamblast Mary.

“Life, with its rules, its obligations, and its freedoms, is like a sonnet: You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself."
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2012, 03:19:53 pm »

Hmm, your friends vest looks strangely familiar... Smiley

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:28:57 am by Herbert West » Logged
DaggerClock
Deck Hand

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2012, 06:57:21 pm »

Gwenifer love the pictures special of the guys hanging out and the gent on the right wearing modern kicks  Tongue
SteamBlast Mary
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

A spanner in the works

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2012, 08:16:44 pm »

Thank you for all your kind comments. With photos of such standard on here, (the outfits and the photography could easily be professional) it's a little intimidating to throw one's hat into the ring. Please stop laughing. You know who you are.

Yep, it's my own design/work, though the shrug is from a Simplicity pattern, and the main fabric was actually curtains initially.

Now emboldened, here's another photo, taken at the World museum, Liverpool last weekend. I like that hat. That's a cool hat.
 [Any jokes along the lines of "who's the scary monster in the picture? Oh that's just Mary, the other is the animatronic dinosaur" will be hounded out for being too predictable.]

Mrs. Whatsit
Snr. Officer

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2012, 08:20:19 pm »

The dinosaur must have had very good manners to let you feed him like that.  Great picture and your hat is fantastic.  Did you make that, as well?
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2012, 08:28:32 pm »

Thank you for all your kind comments. With photos of such standard on here, (the outfits and the photography could easily be professional) it's a little intimidating to throw one's hat into the ring. Please stop laughing. You know who you are.

Yep, it's my own design/work, though the shrug is from a Simplicity pattern, and the main fabric was actually curtains initially.

Now emboldened, here's another photo, taken at the World museum, Liverpool last weekend. I like that hat. That's a cool hat.
 [Any jokes along the lines of "who's the scary monster in the picture? Oh that's just Mary, the other is the animatronic dinosaur" will be hounded out for being too predictable.]

This would make a great movie poster - all we need is a title.
Hmmm? How about

The Time Machine
by Julia Verne
Unsubtle Pete
Snr. Officer
England England

Discerning Scoundrel.

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2012, 11:24:47 pm »

Sadly, didn't get any pics of me at the White Mischif event last night.

So what is a chap to do but put it all back on for a photograph?

Mrs. Whatsit
Snr. Officer

« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2012, 11:35:45 pm »

Quite dashing, Unsubtle Pete!
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2012, 11:38:00 pm »

Did see you there, even made eye contact, just didn't say "Hello!"

Oh well. I'll know for next time!

Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: