The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 23, 2021, 11:45:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 3)  (Read 236140 times)
Frolicking Johnson
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Steam Life

« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2012, 03:55:26 pm »

My first attempt at a Steamy outfit for the Florida Steampunk Society Exhibition this coming weekend.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the next one is going to be in Tampa.

Thank you, Sir. I think they are going to do one in Tampa next.

Awesome job! Have fun at the Exhibition; I'm hoping to make it to the next one (assuming there is a next one!).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:26:13 pm by Frolicking Johnson » Logged

Stay STEAMY!!!
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48:31 pm »

I saw a picture of somebody standing next to a steam locomotive, so I decided to try and get together a decent couple of outfits for the East Broad Top Railroad's Fall Spectacular in November. Go to www.ebtrr.com for information about it.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2012, 02:33:46 am »

I saw a picture of somebody standing next to a steam locomotive, so I decided to try and get together a decent couple of outfits for the East Broad Top Railroad's Fall Spectacular in November. Go to www.ebtrr.com for information about it.

Grand photos everyone!

Mrs. Voltin and I are planning on taking some photos in full Steampunk attire here
http://www.lsrm.org/Home/Home.asp

We will be up that way in July for two days and one night at a Victorian B&B. We will be sure to share the pictures here once taken.

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2012, 06:40:54 am »

Grand photos everyone!

Mrs. Voltin and I are planning on taking some photos in full Steampunk attire here

We will be up that way in July for two days and one night at a Victorian B&B. We will be sure to share the pictures here once taken.

Wave as you pass Osseo Wisconsin. I am a few miles East of there.

If at first you don't succeed , CHEAT!
sevenlies
Officer

Hier kommt der panzermensch!

sevenlies
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2012, 03:32:27 pm »

Oh, that sounds fun!  Have a wonderful time, and I can't wait to see the photos!

Iphigenia P. Askew
Founding member of The Ladies Supernatural Exterminators Association - New Orleans Local no. 13

Seven lies multiplied by seven
Multiplied by seven again
Seven angels with seven trumpets
Send them home on the morning train
William hyde
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

"Evenin Guvnor."

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2012, 09:32:52 pm »

A nice picture of me at the chatham festival of steam.

" No doubt you're thinking to escape and save the day? Sorry old chap not this time."
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2012, 09:41:06 pm »

A nice picture of me at the chatham festival of steam.

Very nice outfit you have there sir

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2012, 11:50:59 pm »

The gun is quite spiffy as well.

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2012, 12:37:15 am »

This pic I took at Chatham was crying out for a caption.

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2012, 05:53:28 pm »

Here's a few shots from the Surrey Convivial that somehow I never got around to posting.

Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2012, 06:03:48 pm »

A rose between two thorns..Jack Union,Evelyn Adler and Herr Doktor[/spoiler]

Lovely pictures, Capt. Dirigible, I'm just glad you said "between two thorns" that's all!

Wink

Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2012, 12:29:21 am »

Quite a handsome group Captain. Thanks for sharing!

I finally had the oportunity to drop by my friends place for some improved photos. I'm quite jealous of their living and dining rooms.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:43:50 pm by Herbert West » Logged
Mrs. Whatsit
Snr. Officer

« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2012, 03:03:53 am »

Very handsome, Mr. West.  Your friends' home is quite a perfect setting for you, isn't it?

“Life, with its rules, its obligations, and its freedoms, is like a sonnet: You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself."
frances
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2012, 01:29:59 pm »

I particularly like the last photograph.

Do you mind if I make a suggestion?  Can you find a larger magnifying glass.  That one looks a little on the small side amidst all the Victoriana.  The Victorians did everything in a Big way.
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2012, 02:12:46 pm »

Do you mind if I make a suggestion?  Can you find a larger magnifying glass.  That one looks a little on the small side amidst all the Victoriana.  The Victorians did everything in a Big way.

Thanks for the suggestion. Though I confess it was just something I grabbed on my way out the door, not an actual part of the outfit. I'll check prices on big magnifiers though.
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2012, 02:19:28 pm »

"Gather round,chaps for I have a tale of daring-do to tell..." Willoughby Chase adopts his favourite pose.

"It all started when Capt. Bedford had been made indisposed after a certain Mr. Johnny Foreigner tricked him into drinking something called Lager. (goes on for a hour or so)...But we overcome the fiendish plot to dispose of Her Majesty...Huzzah!".

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2012, 02:28:46 pm »

A rose between two thorns..Jack Union,Evelyn Adler and Herr Doktor[/spoiler]

Lovely pictures, Capt. Dirigible, I'm just glad you said "between two thorns" that's all!

Wink

I refrain from exploring any imagery connected with thorns and their prickly qualities. Decidedly so.
But isn't it funny to see how happy I look, sandwiched between two self-declared cads and bounders?  Grin
Lovely pic, Captain Dirigible!

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)
Combat Gerbil
Officer

Sweeney Todd

« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2012, 07:41:26 pm »

A small update to Captain Cudmore of HMAS Nebucadnezzar.. (Experimental Airship, all very hush hush)
Jacket almost complete, just a medal or two and ones flying wings... Was thinking along the lines of the RDC but having perused more of the forum I see there is already an established RDC, so maybe RBC??..
So.. replaced nasty black plastic buttons with nice shiny metal ones, added Captains rank pips, added lapel wings for RDC/RBC Special Operations Section and home made Aiguillette.
Comments/suggestions welcome..

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:36:04 pm by Combat Gerbil » Logged
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:42 pm »

Was thinking along the lines of the RDC but having perused more of the fi=orum I see there is already an established RDC

Which you are free to join, you know? They have RDC wings and shoulder flashes and everything!

http://royaldirigiblecorps.yolasite.com/
Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »

A small update to Captain Cudmore of HMAS Nebucadnezzar.. (Experimental Airship, all very hush hush)
Jacket almost complete, just a medal or two and ones flying wings... Was thinking along the lines of the RDC but having perused more of the forum I see there is already an established RDC, so maybe RBC??..

Sir your outfit is looking spiffing Sir, you are most welcome to join us at the RDC, (We do have an experimental division....but you never heard that from me Wink )

(p.s. I an glad that you have got the correct no. of pips on your shoulders for a Captain Smiley )

Pip Pip

Grum

Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2012, 05:15:28 pm »

Just some more photos, this time at the Wonderful National trust property of Erddig near Wrexham (North Wales)

Combat Gerbil
Officer

Sweeney Todd

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2012, 08:13:20 pm »

Sir your outfit is looking spiffing Sir, you are most welcome to join us at the RDC, (We do have an experimental division....but you never heard that from me Wink )

(p.s. I an glad that you have got the correct no. of pips on your shoulders for a Captain Smiley )

Pip Pip

Grum
Many thanks for the feedback Sir. I should love to officially join you in the RDC. I have wings (RFC) already waiting for modification, Shall I shoot you an Electronic communication, or will this suffice as a request regarding enlistment?
As for the pips, I researched the rank system of the era thoroughly to ensure correct issue.
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:09 pm »

I finally had the oportunity to drop by my friends place for some improved photos. I'm quite jealous of their living and dining rooms.

You sir look splendid! And you look like my lawyer. But that's okay, because I like my lawyer. He's a pretty cool guy.
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2012, 12:03:16 am »

Just some more photos, this time at the Wonderful National trust property of Erddig near Wrexham (North Wales)

And a good time was had by all.
Some amazing photos there sir. I'm loving your friends fur collared coat.
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2012, 12:04:48 am »

Thank you for the kind words!
Though I do think a better pair of pants might be in order. And an iron. Smiley

You sir look splendid! And you look like my lawyer. But that's okay, because I like my lawyer. He's a pretty cool guy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: