The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 02:06:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: San Diego Steampunk is not associated with Queen Bee's  (Read 417 times)
Mister Greyshade
Snr. Officer
United States United States

DJ and Urban Homesteader

« on: March 14, 2012, 02:17:00 am »

I find it quite distasteful to discuss business matters publicly but for the good of the steampunk community in San Diego and beyond I feel it is important to share the following. Recently Fraulien Flieger and I have been contacted regarding producing events at Queen Bee's, a local all ages venue & former home of the Chrononaut Steampunk Club night, which we produce. Machina Fatalis, Chrononaut and San Diego Steampunk are no longer associated with Queen Bee's in any way. Furthermore several incidents over the last year have made other local steampunks very unhappy with the management of this venue. At the core of all these disputes is the venue's practice of using “contracts” that are little better than scrawled notes or are strictly verbal. Because of this lack of documentation it impossible to prove anything for either side, but there have been disputes regarding both money and ownership of steampunk art objects. Those looking to produce steampunk events with us in San Diego need to look elsewhere for venues. Furthermore if you do produce an event at Queen Bee's there are many local people who will not attend because of the ill will Queen Bee's has created, and you risk finding yourself in yet another dispute. Sorry to have to post this here but recent events have made posting this necessary.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:03:34 am by Mister Greyshade » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: