You may view my current photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/laslund/sets/72157629689296809/
Many more to come.
I have several authentic Victorian ladies' garments from the 1880's to early 1900's, and I have a friend who collects historical clothing and she also has a variety of Victorian dresses and unmentionables.
If there is a need for detailed photographs of construction and details, for the seamstresses among us, I would be happy to oblige. Please leave a comment and I will be sure to take photographs at the earliest opportunity.
As I am able to handle the garments freely, I can supply special requests that may not be available for reference elsewhere. I also have a Micro lens for my camera (used for insect photography and closeups) which will allow me to photograph the tiniest details clearly.
These are the types of items I have available to me, including my friend's items (dates are approximate):
- pantaloons (early 1900s)
- corset-cover (1890's)
- opera cape (1890-1910)
- simple day dress (1900-1910)
- walking dress (1880-1890)
- several house dresses with beading and ornamentation (1880's-1890's)
- mourning dress, black (1895-1905 with heavy lace)
- mourning dress top, purple (1885-1890)
- several corsets
- lace and embroidered inset samples (old stock, unused, 1880's-1930's... the mass-produced designs remained largely unchanged, so these are harder to date)
- small misc. accessories
If you would like reference photos of any of the above items, please state which ones, and of what specific details you are interested in (inset lace, boning, internal structure, etc).