The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 16, 2017, 02:45:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancaster, PA meetup  (Read 1581 times)
Danabren
Deck Hand

« on: February 20, 2012, 04:12:33 pm »

Would folks be interested in having a meetup in Lancaster, PA?

I am thinking about 2pm Sunday, March 4, 2012 at Bully's Restaurant & Pub, 647 Union Street, Columbia 17512. 
Madame Curatrix
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:14:10 pm »

Possibly. I've been meaning to visit the Burning Bridges Antique Mall in Columbia for some time, so I could make a day trip out of it.
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:35:01 pm »

Make sure to give yourself LOTS of time for BB - it's HUGE!
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:46:07 pm »

If I could get a general idea of how many people are planning to attend, so that I might warn the restaurant of a large group (if warranted), it'd be most appreciated.

A PM is fine if you don't wish to reply here.

http://www.bullys-restaurant.com/
Indigo Spire
Officer

Cheers Darlings!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:47:42 am »

If I could get a general idea of how many people are planning to attend, so that I might warn the restaurant of a large group (if warranted), it'd be most appreciated.

A PM is fine if you don't wish to reply here.

http://www.bullys-restaurant.com/

Are you inviting the Amish?
 Cheesy
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:11:06 am »

If you said a week from then I'd say definitely!  But sadly I must pass. 

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 02:33:28 pm »

Are you inviting the Amish?
 Cheesy

*chuckle*
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:24 pm »

After a tremendously successful turnout (by which I mean, exactly one other person showed) we are going to try this again.  This time at a restaurant that is actually open on Sundays.

Sunday, 18 March 2012, 2-5pm, The Lancaster Dispensing Company, 33-35 North Market Street, Lancaster, PA 17603  717.299.4602

I am doing this because it would be really nice to have some *local* steam/diesel friends, as well as having them scattered over the east coast/continent/planet. I know you are close by!  Come make new friends!  Eat food!

Indigo Spire
Officer

Cheers Darlings!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:46 pm »

After a tremendously successful turnout (by which I mean, exactly one other person showed) we are going to try this again.  This time at a restaurant that is actually open on Sundays.

Sunday, 18 March 2012, 2-5pm, The Lancaster Dispensing Company, 33-35 North Market Street, Lancaster, PA 17603  717.299.4602

I am doing this because it would be really nice to have some *local* steam/diesel friends, as well as having them scattered over the east coast/continent/planet. I know you are close by!  Come make new friends!  Eat food!

Omg, I would do love to join you, but Lancaster is a sckootch too far for me on a Sunday.
I hope you have a good time, if you find yourself in Philadelphia, drop me a line.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:51:58 pm by Indigo Spire » Logged
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 06:13:48 pm »

Omg, I would do love to join you, but Lancaster is a sckootch too far for me on a Sunday.
I hope you have a good time, if you find yourself in Philadelphia, drop me a line.

Lancaster is slightly more than an hour away on Amtrack, hint hint!
Indigo Spire
Officer

Cheers Darlings!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 07:40:43 pm »

Lancaster is slightly more than an hour away on Amtrack, hint hint!

Correct.....but Sundays are the one day each week that is spoken for and an hour here, an hour there, a cocktail here (because there would be cocktails) next thing you know....the day is gone.
I am often in Lancaster for work, maybe next time I am there I will drop you a note and we can have coffee or something.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:43:05 pm by Indigo Spire » Logged
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 10:35:45 pm »

I would like that <3
Wolf410
Officer

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 11:35:23 pm »

i might be able too show up seeing as ill be on my way back from massachusets on sunday...so i may be able to stop in

Only In The Air Can We Be Truly Free
Cogni
Officer

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 04:21:11 pm »

Is this the Sunday of St. Patty's Day?

Fortune favors the Bold.
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 05:52:19 pm »

Is this the Sunday of St. Patty's Day?

Yes. 
Cogni
Officer

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 05:58:23 pm »

So National Hangover Day?
hexidecima
Officer

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 07:30:23 pm »

I am tenatively planning to attend (with this weather we'll likely get a blizzard at the verrrryyy end of winter).  I'm a little more diesel than steam but enjoy just about any other time period than *now*.  Might drag my husband along too.
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 02:21:52 pm »

Just a reminder that the Lancaster Meet & Eat is this upcoming Sunday.  Come Diesel, Come Clock, Come Gaslight Fantasy, Come Steam!
hexidecima
Officer

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 02:47:20 pm »

danabren, how will I recognize you?  

EDIT:  I have longish dark brown hair, and glasses.   My husband is tall, also with glasses with a long gray ponytail. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:18:07 pm by hexidecima » Logged
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 01:47:12 pm »

Hexidecima, I think we figured it out  Wink

Everyone else, here are photos from the very successful Lancaster Meet & Eat.  After DipCo, we headed en masse to Carmen & David's Creamery for ice cream.  And it was good.

Tower Of Hat!  http://danabren.multiply.com/photos/album/209#photo=3

Here is the entire album.  I will be adding pictures as I get them from other people  http://danabren.multiply.com/photos/album/209#
hexidecima
Officer

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 08:46:01 pm »

hmm, was it, "Hey they have hats!" Grin

I'll have to say Lancaster PA must be the only city in the US where a  "Market Street" is really just about half an alley way.  The DipCo was lovely and worth the aggravation. 
Cogni
Officer

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 01:32:48 am »

I promise to make the next one, couldn't get things together to make it happen this time around.
Danabren
Deck Hand

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 05:43:34 pm »

Next up (Cross posted from Facebook):

Columbia (Lancaster County) Steampunk Fashion and Photography, Saturday, 5 May 2012, 2pm-5pm.

"Come to historic Columbia for an afternoon walk and tea around historic Columbia to see and be seen in the latest Steampunk fashions. Share ideas and take photographs in front of the many historic buildings Lancaster has to offer.

We will begin at the Watch and Clock museum (http://www.nawcc.org/), follow a route rich with historic backdrops, and end with tea at Hinkles Pharmacy and Restaurant (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hinkles-Pharmacy-Restaurant)

If the weather is not in our favor, consider a group visit to the Watch and Clock museum or return later for Derby Day (http://www.facebook.com/events/356836361017329/)."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:16:26 pm by Danabren » Logged
markf
Goggleologist

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 10:32:05 pm »

I went to the steampunk show at the Watch & Clock museum last yr, it is much much larger than it appears from the outside and the exhibits are surprisingly outstanding. markf

US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd
Madame Curatrix
Snr. Officer

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »

Dang and blast! I have what promises to be a brutal final exam on Monday, May 7. Additionally, the date falls smack in the middle of finals period. I'd love to go, but I can't make any promises of my availability at that time.  Undecided

We shall see.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: