MomoCon 8 - Anime/Gaming/Comics/Costumes/Sci-Fi Convention
Dates: March 16-18, 2012
Location: Marriott Marquis
* Pre-Reg: $25 (closes 3/14)
At the Door-
* 3-Day Badge: $30
* Single Days: Fri $15, Sat $20, Sun $15Area Parking Details
(hotel valet parking is approx $22/night. Other lots and decks may range from $5 - $20/night).
* 2011 Donars: Free memberships to anyone who donated $25 or more for MomoCon-7.
Full Panel and Events Schedule:
*Phone App(iPhone,Android,Windows) VersionCostume Contest Rules and Entry Forms: Closet (Fri) and Craftsmanship (Sat)
MomoCon returns for it's 8th year to the city of Atlanta. While Georgia Tech wishes we could stay, our monumental growth has outpaced campus's ability to accommodate everyone of our attendees. As such we have made the difficult decision to move venues and begin charging for admission.
However we are still commited to bringing you the best value we can! For the first time since the first Momocon in 2005, the entire convention will be located in one building. The new space is over 60,000 sq. feet larger than the 2011 space, giving us room to grow. That's nearly two football fields of additional space over this past year! No more walking outside, no more far off buildings or confusing maps. Food options exist both inside the hotel and within walking distance. And no more threats of rain hanging over the outdoor events.
For the first time ever MomoCon will welcome industry and voice actor guests. We can finally address requests to bring a variety of stars to MomoCon, and we hope you are as excited about it as we are!
We are adding more concerts, bigger panels (and panel rooms), better sound systems, late-night programming, and by popular demand a rave-style dance, all included with admission.
We are also adding a whole extra day! MomoCon is now a 3-day convention: Friday thru Sunday.
For the latest info, be sure to check us out on our-MomoCon.ComFacebook
, Livejournal Roving Photographers & Open Photo backdrop. Pictures will be available online after con.
* BGZ Studios (Darrel Ardita). Just walk up to him and ask! Check out this behind the scenes
, so you know who to look for.
* Costume Photosuite, Room M107. Note this room will also double as the waiting area for costume contest entrants.
* MomoCon Staff Photographers; they will have staff badges.Scheduled ShootsChecked In: Cosplayers in Their Hotel Room
to book a time.Fan-organized Photoshoots
: Just send at email to MomoCon.Costumes@gmail.com
to get added to the list.Friday:
* Avatar:TLA/TLK, Lobby, 4pm
* Homestuck, 10th Fl (Meeting areas), 6:12pmSaturday:
* Axis Powers Hetalia, Lobby/TBA, 11am
* Avatar:TLA/TLK, Lobby, 12pm
* MLP:FIM Brony's, 10th Fl (meeting areas), 1pm
, Starbucks (Lobby), 1:30pm
* Homestuck, 10th Fl (Meeting areas), 4:13pm
* Avatar:TLA/TLK, Lobby, 6pm then dinner @ Orient Express
* Ancestors(Homestuck), center-side-booth by Pulse Bar, 9pSunday:
* Faeries, info link
* MLP:FIM, 10th Fl (Meeting areas), 2:30pm