The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2019, 03:58:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PA: Art Association of Harrisburg - Bal Masque Fundraiser - Feb 18  (Read 902 times)
Madame Curatrix
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« on: February 14, 2012, 02:15:26 am »

I'm considering going to the 2012 Art Association of Harrisburg Bal Masque on Saturday, February 18.

This year's theme is 'Creatures of the Night', which might appeal to any board members who mix a little goth into their steam, or who fluctuate between the two genres.

Price per person is $50 for open seating, with fancy food, DJ'ed music, costume contest, silent auctions, and a raffle. All proceeds go to benefit the Art Association.

More information can be found at: http://www.artassocofhbg.com/bal2012.htm

Madame Curatrix
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:00:30 pm »

Update to add better description from the venue's website:

http://www.abcbrew.com/harrisburg/events.htm

Art Association of Harrisburg’s Bal Masque | February 18, 2012 | 7PM

Join Us for a Wickedly Elegant and Horrifically Thrilling Evening!

What is the Bal Masque? Established in 1926, the Art Association of Harrisburg is the greater Harrisburg area’s first fine-arts institution. In 1940 the Art Association premiered what was to become its signature fund raising event, the Bal Masque. This society fancy-dress dinner-dance was patterned after the 16th Century, pre Ash Wednesday, Venetian Carnivals, which are held to this day in Italy, and the Beaux Arts Ball given by the students of the École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris every spring. Every year the Bal Masque attracts the most creative and elegant party goers from the area. Whether people come to compete for best interpretation of the evening’s theme, or just dress elegantly for an evening of cocktails, dinner and dancing, everyone always has great fun in support of Harrisburg’s oldest fine arts organization where creativity, history and the future meet in elegant liaison!

2012 Theme, Creatures of the Night! (Night!…Night!…Night!) This year’s costume theme conjures up a wide variety of images from history, literature, theatre, film, video and music. From Edgar Allen Poe’s The Masque of the Red Death to Warren Zevon’s Werewolves of London this party will offer a Monster Mash of creative horror-couture possibilities. The costume competition will be judged in a number of different categories including, but not limited to: Best Individual, Best Couple, Best Group, Most Elegant, Most Amusing and Most Bizarre.

Tickets! Event tickets are priced at $50 per person for Open seating throughout the
Abbey Bar and Dance Floor area and $75.00 per person for Reserved table seating in
the Rear Gallery where the dance music is played at reduced volume. Ticket prices include event admission, appetizers and dinner entries. Micro-brewed beers and mixed drinks will be available from the cash bar. Tickets are available at AAH Gallery, at all AAH events, by phone and online at www .artassocofhbg.com.
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:10:22 am »

THANK YOU!!!!!  (slightly off topic)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Every year something happens that I can't go.  2 years ago it was girlfriend issues, last year it was my mother dying, and this year it is financial.  I hope to go next year. 

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: