The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2014, 08:59:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official Facebook page: Brass Goggles

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Third Annual Steampunk in the Park (Atlanta, GA)  (Read 435 times)
Joie-Elise Prideaux
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: January 31, 2012, 07:46:15 am »

This year's Steampunk in the Park, our annual steampunk potluck picnic, will be held on Sunday, March 25th, 2012. This is a completely free event open to anyone who wants to show up and is held once a year in Atlanta's Piedmont Park. More information will be forthcoming, but if you're local to the area, be sure to save the date!

Joie-Elise Prideaux
Authoress & Adventuress
Strapped-4-Cache
Snr. Officer

Oooo! Shiny!

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:26:37 am »

Sounds interesting.  Just curious - who hosts the event?  I'm looking forward to finding out more.

- Mark
ForestB
Zeppelin Overlord

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 11:00:56 pm »

I'm interested and would like to attend..I will watch for more details!

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Joie-Elise Prideaux
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 10:33:22 pm »

Nominally I'm the host, though the event may switch hands after this year as I'm likely to move out of state this summer.  There is currently a Steampunk Empire page set up with further details, but I thought I'd add this here:

Steampunk in the Park 2012 will be held on Sunday, March 25th beginning at 2:00 PM and lasting until 6:00 PM at Atlanta's Piedmont Park. We will once again try to meet by the brick bandstand near the tennis center, but if that area is occupied we will likely set up on the grassy knoll across the pathway near the lake (where we ended up last year).

As usual, this is a potluck picnic, so please feel free to bring food or drink to share, or various and sundry dry goods (utensils, napkins, plates, cups, etc.). Trash bags will be provided so we can clean up after ourselves when the picnic is over. If you have a portable table to spare, we can always use those as well, but please don't feel pressured to bring anything if you're unable to do so. All you really have to do is show up!

This event is free and is a chance for everyone to get together and mingle in their steampunk finery. There are usually a few photographers on hand to capture the occasion and last year we were delighted by a visit from the Atlanta Street Fashion Blog. Dogs are allowed in the park but must remain leashed per local laws.

Free parking at the location can be limited, though Piedmont Park does have a pay-to-park deck nearby. It is occasionally possible to find free parking along surface streets surrounding the park, but this is not guaranteed. Please plan accordingly.

The event may be rescheduled due to inclement weather. If this is the case, we will give notice as soon as possible to minimize inconvenience.

More information can be found at our event page on the Steampunk Empire: http://www.thesteampunkempire.com/events/third-annual-steampunk-in-the-park
Strapped-4-Cache
Snr. Officer

Oooo! Shiny!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 11:51:47 pm »

Thanks for the update!
ForestB
Zeppelin Overlord

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 03:53:18 pm »

Is this still going on? Do we need to RSVP or can we just show up?
Joie-Elise Prideaux
Deck Hand

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 03:42:12 am »

It's this Sunday and scheduled as planned.  All you have to do is show up. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: