The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 21, 2018, 08:59:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steamcon VI- Bellevue WA - Oct 3rd- 5th 2014- CANCELLED  (Read 7708 times)
Miss Neecerie
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 01:43:04 am »

Sad I'd like to have heard about attendence, and what next years theme is going to be. Oh well.

Next year's theme is printed in the 'newspaper' that we all got....'Around the world', if I am not getting it slightly wrong.
Rushing's Rarities
Zeppelin Captain

Formerly "superbill22"

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 02:33:44 am »

Quite fun and, if I may be so bold to say, a resounding success. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't think to get more pictures with folks. Next year perhaps. A friend and I are even discussing the possibility of getting a vendor booth
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:16:20 am by superbill22 » Logged

5paz
Gunner

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 08:51:43 am »

A collective of photos from steamcon IV.
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 10:48:28 am »

Some more:

A pal in the US has sent me a link to photos from Steam Con..

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Photo....lery&c=y&img= 0

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »

Thanks for those galleries.

This is why I love this fandom. Not only is it accessible to all ages, but at any given event, at least 90% of the people in attendence are in costume.

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
dashboardpirate
Gunner

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 08:07:34 pm »

I went and had a great time, despite the fact I didn't get to stay long because I was in the midst of jumping through hoops to acquire myself a new job.

Insert random witty remark here
Dharmagraphics
Zeppelin Captain

Voltaire & I in NYC

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 09:30:49 pm »

Pardon..
  Did anyone happen to get any good pictures of Rasputina Huh
I checked the flikr link , and i'll continue to check back .
We couldn't attend from the east coast .
Rasputina is now wearing jewelry by Mechanique Steampunk and i was hoping to get some more pics . The band has been posting some pics but i'm always lookin for more .
Thank You .

www.mechaniquesteampunk.com

www.MechaniqueSteampunk.com - steampunk jewelry with authenticity !
  check it out !
Hez
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

aka Miss Primrose C Leigh

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 10:23:13 pm »

Well done as always. 
Don't know when, don't know what, pretty sure where - I am already registered for next year. 
Rushing's Rarities
Zeppelin Captain

Formerly "superbill22"

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 11:25:32 pm »

I'm curious if anyone knows of any photos of me from the event. I have friends and family asking to see what I came up with but didn't manage to get any photos and now my camera charger has vanished without a trace. Below I have a photo of myself in what I wore Friday, Saturday I wore some weird west garb to the tune of a US marshal packing a revolver with a bright brass silencer and Sunday I was more casual in a brown waistcoat and green tie carrying a bright brass raygun. I'd appreciate any leads you all can manage to give me. Thanks!

artvixn
Officer

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 09:23:00 pm »

Thanks to everyone for joining us for Steamcon IV!  It was great fun.  We hope to see you all at Steamcon V.  I've just posted a new topic, so go and check it out!  or go and check out the brand new shiny website!

http://www.steamcon.org/steamcon_v/

"Steampunk needs historical accuracy like a dirigible needs a goldfish" `Diana Vick
artvixn
Officer

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 04:32:59 am »

artvixn
Officer

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »

artvixn
Officer

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 08:02:59 pm »

Lots of new information up on the site.  We are gearing up for a fantastic convention this year!  Hope to see you there!

http://www.steamcon.org/steamcon_v/index.php

Lachlan_MacAuslander
Snr. Officer

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 11:13:41 pm »

Just bought our tickets and reserved our rooms. Now we just need to finalize airfares, and we're set.

Aside from the annual crafting frenzy, of course...  Grin
Satanic Mechanic
Deck Hand
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2013, 04:37:56 pm »

Looking forward to this all year!  I think this will be the best concert ever put on. 
I will be teaching an Intro to Morse Code class.  Plus, Vela and I will be handing out Brass Goggles ribbons as usual.

Hell's Laboratory and Shop
Rushing's Rarities
Zeppelin Captain

Formerly "superbill22"

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 06:21:28 am »

Looking forward to this all year!  I think this will be the best concert ever put on. 
I will be teaching an Intro to Morse Code class.  Plus, Vela and I will be handing out Brass Goggles ribbons as usual.

I was trying to get a BG ribbon all weekend last year. I hope I can find you this year
Satanic Mechanic
Deck Hand
United States Minor Outlying Islands United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2013, 04:41:35 pm »

I was trying to get a BG ribbon all weekend last year. I hope I can find you this year
You can't miss me, I'll be the one wearing actual brass goggles!  HAHAHAHA! One thing Vela has tried to do over the years is to have members of Brass Goggles meet up at Steamcon, but it is like trying to herd cats.  If my Morse Code class is approved for Steamcon, come by before or after the class for the ribbon.

SM
Rushing's Rarities
Zeppelin Captain

Formerly "superbill22"

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2013, 06:54:32 am »

You can't miss me, I'll be the one wearing actual brass goggles!  HAHAHAHA! One thing Vela has tried to do over the years is to have members of Brass Goggles meet up at Steamcon, but it is like trying to herd cats.  If my Morse Code class is approved for Steamcon, come by before or after the class for the ribbon.

SM

That class sounds interesting, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you
artvixn
Officer

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 09:47:27 pm »

2014 Steamcon Dates are announced.  you can get your membership now. 

http://www.steamcon.org/steamcon_vi/index.php/registration/

Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 12:12:59 am »

Well if the notice I just read on Facebook is to be believed, no more Steamcon. Sad
artvixn
Officer

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2014, 01:56:40 am »

Yes, this announcement was made today by the new board:

It is with profound regret and sadness that I must announce that Steamcon in no longer a viable organization. Our debts are too great a hurdle for us to overcome. Based on my calculations, somewhere between 25% and 40% of the funds that we would raise for Steamcon VI will go towards paying off Steamcon V. The board has been wrestling with these economic realities for several weeks now, and voted one week ago to dissolve the corporation.

Since the meeting of January 12th, where we laid out the economic problems that we faced, we have had thirty five people purchase memberships. ( That works out to about one membership every other day. ) We have had three people donate to the CD fundraiser project. ( That is, one and a half donations per month. ) In order to raise the amount of money that we need to stave off bankruptcy, we need 390 memberships in 29 days. Just to tread water.

We could soldier on. We could attempt to raise $15,000 in 29 days. But if we once again fail, that will mean that even more people will be out money. I cannot in good faith recommend that course of action.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:21:21 am by artvixn » Logged
Captain
Zeppelin Captain

The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 04:59:04 am »

-Karl
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 06:22:38 pm »

This is a deeply regrettable incident. It looks (from what I have seen) to be a fine convention. With a good history and attendance. I've often thought what Steampunk needs is several insane wealthy benefactors (dotted around the globe) that own convention halls and don't mind putting things on at cost price.

I'm sorry for your loss, it is always difficult to make the decision to switch off the lights.   

GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2014, 07:51:15 pm »

What circumstances would need to occur to get this thing back on (asks the person who is very selfishly motivated because he's never been to one but desperately wants to)?
artvixn
Officer

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2014, 08:27:41 pm »

A sponsor willing to donate a very large sum of money, and it would need to happen almost immediately unfortunately.  We had a fundraiser with a CD and other gifts, but it simply did not work. 

So unless someone with a large pocket book steps up soon, we will be unable to continue.  I am so sad that we will not be making more Steamcon magic happen.  It was an amazing amount of fun. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: