The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2014, 02:06:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official Facebook page: Brass Goggles

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Second Grand Dinosaur Hunt, - Return to the Plateau. Sunday May 13th 2012  (Read 1578 times)
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: January 14, 2012, 03:27:49 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen, after long negotiation with the wardens of the Inosaur park, it has now been confirmed that The Second Grand Dinosaur Hunt will be taking place on Sunday the 13th of May 2012 at the Dinosaur Adventure Park Norfolk.

The plan is to foregather in the carpark at 9:30 am, before making a grand enterance.
There will, of course, be a punknik, so please bring the component provisions for a splendid Victorian repast, to be consumed at the event.
All are welcome to take part in this Adventure.

You can find the Facebook event for this Adventure, HERE.

If there is sufficient interest, there are plans afoot to hold a Steampuk convivial on the evening of Saturday the 12th at the Green Dragon taven in Wymondham.

If you would like to attend the Saturday convivial, or if you have any suggestions, comments or ideas about the day, please express your interest below, or on the facebook page, (or both).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:05:53 pm by Mr Addams » Logged
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Overlord

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:35:17 pm »

Interest! Both LYM and I plan on attending!

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/avasapparel
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
darkshines
Master Tinkerer
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 03:58:20 pm »

It's the day after my birthday! *dances*

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 01:52:36 pm »

For Logistical reasons, we have now decided to treat the Norfolk Steampunk Convivial, on Saturday 12th as a seperate, but connected event.

See details HERE
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:55:09 pm by Mr Addams » Logged
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:40 pm »

Following a Message thet I recently received, I should , as a point of clarification, explain, that the Grand Dinosaur Hunt is an enjoyable Social Gathering, and an opportunity for some fun photographs.
It is not a roleplay event, and no Dinosaurs, real or imaginary will be harmed during this adventure.
Argus Fairbrass
Immortal
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 01:00:08 pm »

I've made a note in my diary and am tentatively hoping to attend this one.

I just wish I didn't look such a colossal tit in a pith helmet! Everyone else I've seen looks universally awesome in them, but when I try mine on in the mirror, the image staring back just reminds me of him...

Oh well, I assume cowboy hats are also acceptable Dino hunting wear. Cheesy

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 01:54:30 pm »

Something like this?

Argus Fairbrass
Immortal
England England

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 01:58:40 pm »

Oh yush indeed! Grin
Dr Pieter Pietre
Gunner

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 07:28:39 pm »

I have justt now posted a proposed itineary for the Convivial Day of the Saturday preceding the Hunt. All comments and further ideas will be gratefully recieved.

Purveyor of Amazing Herbal Inhalations. And Bookbinder.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 10:24:16 pm »

As A point of reference, details of the Saturday Steampunk Convivial to which Dr Pieter Pietre is referring, can be found HERE
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 08:22:05 pm »

Flyer for this gathering

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR MORE DETAILS
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:27:13 pm by Mr Addams » Logged
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 10:17:51 am »

So far, we have 17 takers listed on the Facebook Page For This Event, so it is shaping up to be a good day.

Just a reminder, For those who would like to make a weekend of it, there is to be a Steampunk Gathering, in the nearby town of Wymondham, on the day before.

BRASS GOGGLES TOPIC FOR THE SATURDAY STEAMPUNK CONVIVIAL
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:20:52 am by Mr Addams » Logged
Mister P
Gunner
England England

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01:37 am »

If I can sort out the logistics of getting out there, the date is penned in.
greatestescaper
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 06:58:35 pm »

One of these days I'll charter a flight to England to attend something like this.

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -Baron Munchausen
Dr Pieter Pietre
Gunner

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 10:23:33 pm »

Mister P
This is precisely why the day before is intended as a general convivial in the nearby town of Wymondham. This gives those arriving from afar time to settle down and relax and prepare themselves ready for the Grand Hunt on the Sunday.
Argus Fairbrass
Immortal
England England

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 04:44:48 am »

I used to live in Wymondham (the only reason I know how it's pronounced), and attended Wymondham High School. I haven't been back there for over twenty years. I would be curious to see it after all this time, but still if I can come I think it will just be for the Sunday.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 02:07:42 pm »

Now here is an Idea!

In order to encourage a little bit of creativity, and to add a bit of interest to the proceeedings, I propise a makers competition.
I suggest, if there is a posetive response to the idea, that we have a competition for the best Dinosaur hunting device, this can be a weapon, a trap or a deterrant, or anything else that would be of use to a Steampunk Dinosaur Hunter.
When we break for the Punknic, we can all put our creations on display, and everybody gets a vote for which is the best, (A rule being, that nobody can vote for their own creation.)
I will make a tacky trophy or certificate of some kind, that will be presented to the winner.
Any thoughts or suggestions on this idea?
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 04:29:38 pm »

I just Realized that this gathering is only two weeks away!
Time for a provisional Head Count I think. How many of you lovely people will be attending this grand adventure?
And are you amongst the nice people who have already posted their intention to attend on the facebook page for this event?
Rockula
Immortal

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 04:50:38 pm »

We are in Surrey the night before and it depends on how late a night me make of it and how 'hung over' I might be before the drive to Norfolk.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Mister P
Gunner
England England

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 03:22:56 pm »

I don't do facebook, but I'd still like to turn up (subject to busses) - Not sure if I can make the bash on the preceeding Saturday as it clashes with another date  Sad
Dr Pieter Pietre
Gunner

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 08:11:13 pm »

At this moment  it seems that although the Hunt on the Sunday is  very popular, there does not seem to be any real interest in a convivial in Wymondham on the previous day.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 10:39:54 am »

Time for a (hopefully) final message for this gathering.
Dinosaur Adventure park has offered a very generous discount on the entry price.
We shall foregather in the car park between 10 & 11 am, and enter as a group.
I suggest that we start the day with the Dinosaur walk which will offer plenty of opportunities for photographs. That should take us through to lunch time, there should be no problem returning to the car to collect the picnics. There are tables for eating at, and I believe that there is also a covered area should the weather be inclement.
I would like to suggest a communal picnic, if everybody brings one plate full of sandwiches, pork pie, Jelly, cake, or whatever, and a plate and cup (And something to drink) for their own use, then we set everything out on the table to share. So that way, we can have all have a slap up feast.
After the picnic, we can split up, and spend a bit of time exploring the various attractions of the park, before we meet at the tearooms for a cuppa, and perhaps one of their splendid cream teas.
This is just an outline for the day, I don't think that we want to get too tied down. we can play things by ear on the day.

An accurate headcount has proved impossible, but based on the vagaries of facebook, there should be somewhere between 15 and 25 people attending. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:42:32 am by Mr Addams » Logged
Mr Davidius Webbe
Deck Hand

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 09:33:10 pm »

Regrettably unable to attend this hunt, will be on a biker rally in Cheshire. Shame as its pretty much on my doorstep and I would have a chance to test the effectiveness of a recently modded nerf weapon. Will there be another one later in the year?
Captain Quinlin Hopkins
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 03:18:12 am »

Do take care with the Velociraptors, I hear they tend to be a bit cranky this time of year.  Best of luck on the event, and do please post photos. 

Sincerely,
Captain Quinlin Hopkins (Hoppy)

Do not ignore the freedoms of someone else, for eventually you will be someone else! 

DFW Steampunk Illumination Society
Taipan
Officer
England England

Going In Circles

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 06:31:36 pm »

I suppose it is to late to come to this? Unfourtunatly after a rather hard time of things this past while, I'm back to the world of the internet, sad, lonely and rather friendless... This would have been the pick me up I needed, I have wanted to go since hearing about the last one.... Unless anyone would be willing to come drive out to Great Yarmouth and pick me up on the Sunday for the hunt? I am willing to pay for a lift and willing to pay to get in to the place...You see I do not have a drivers licence and  bus' for me do not run that far from my town on a Sunday...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: