The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 16, 2020, 02:25:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk in St. Louis  (Read 2404 times)
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: December 12, 2011, 03:49:30 am »

Greetings members of the Brass Goggles forums,

I and my valiant crew wish to invite any fellow steampunkers in the St. Louis, MO area and surrounding to our monthly ball at Lola on Washington Street in downtown St. Louis. This event takes place on the last Tuesday of every month at the Absinth Bar, where absinth drinks are half off, two DJ's spin great music from 9pm-1am, a different burlesque show every month that will tittilate and captivate, and multiple vendors sell their wares.

May the wind be at your backs,
Santiago Dunbar
Captain, S.S. Beatrix
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:24:19 am by Stella Gaslight » Logged

May the wind be at your backs,
Santiago Dunbar
Captain, S.S. Beatrix
S.Sprocket
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain

Industria Proficiscor In!

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:57:55 pm »

Are there any photos of the venue?  What kind of music is spun by the DJ's?

"It's what a cove knows that counts, ain't it Sybil?  More than land or money, more than birth.  Information. Very flash." -Mick Radley

"Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire." --Fred Dibnah
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:40:58 pm »

Master S. Sprocket,

Thank you for your interest! The music depends on the mood of the night, but it usually includes some Tom Waits, Depeche Mode, Gogol Bordello, and other artists. If your interested, you can check out the Facebook Page for St. Louis Steampunk and there are pictures on the Steampunk Surplus page as well (links provided below). The next celebration on December 27th will not have burlesque, though, as were doing a gift exchange instead (and because most of St. Louis' burlesque dancers and performers will be gearing up for a big New Year's celebration at the Beggar's Carnival).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.287882197917050.66044.212543802117557&type=3#!/groups/255783257801048/
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.287882197917050.66044.212543802117557&type=3#!/steampunksurplus
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:51:00 am »

The next big steampunk night in St. Louis is going on next Tuesday, February 28th at Lola on Washington! The special burlesque guest this night will be Priscilla Pincushion! As always, in addition to our monthly burlesque act there will be absinth specials, DJ Gaston playing great beats to dance to, and a vendor or two selling steampunk items. Don't forget that the venue serves food until 10pm. Come and carouse with St. Louis' steampunks!
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 04:37:07 am »

Steampunks in Missouri unite! (Well, if you are in the area, that is). The next edition of St. Louis' only monthly steampunk night "Gaslight Squared" is on the horizon! This night of music, dance, drink, and food occurs the last Tuesday of every month at Lola on Washington Avenue from 8pm until midnight. Here is the official run down!

Gaslight², the Gateway City's only monthly steampunk event at Lola, brought to you by St. Germain elderberry liqueur!

All are welcome to join our celebration of all things steampunk/retro-futuristic/19th Century/Victorian Age/Wild West! Costumes are encouraged but certainly not required. As always DJs MC² and Monsieur Gaston will be on hand for your aural and dancing pleasures, Lola's kitchen will be offering delicious fare until 10pm, and drink specials will be special all night.

Also, this month the Baron Bon Bar of Clockwork's Creations will be offering his wares of leather, glass, and metal including libation dispensing mechanisms and Tarot readings. If the airship Beatrix makes a landing then Santiago Dunbar's Steampunk Surplus will be selling unique adventurer's medals gathered from across the aethersphere.

This month we will be screening the second episode of St. Louis' own steampunk webseries "Dirigible Days."

21+
 Half off local beers and well drinks
 $3 cover - No cover before 9pm!

Check out this link for all the fun details. https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar#!/events/109673882523703/
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 04:09:28 pm »

Less than a week to go before this month's Gaslight Squared! https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/109673882523703/
ClockworkRaja
Gunner

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 01:00:02 am »

Wow. A steampunk inspired event almost near me! (North east mo) to bad it during the week. Do you ever have weekend events?

Hannibal Haberdashery and Optical Gadget Emporium
https://www.facebook.com/HannibalHaberdashery
santiagodunbar
Deck Hand

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 04:22:18 pm »

Wow. A steampunk inspired event almost near me! (North east mo) to bad it during the week. Do you ever have weekend events?

Greetings ClockworkRaja!

Unfortunately, Gaslight Squared is always during the week. The next weekend event that I know about is when Frenchy and the Punk come to town in December, but its on a Sunday! https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/383726378359216/

Gah! I wish there would be a proper weekend event sometime! I'll let you know if I hear of anything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: