The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 04, 2020, 12:55:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread  (Read 74213 times)
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #450 on: January 17, 2012, 07:25:34 pm »

Oh, WoD. Its...a bit...different. I really like some of the settings, and I pretend that others don't exist.

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #451 on: January 17, 2012, 08:15:42 pm »

So Randal is reminding me of indana jones' dad with less sarcasum and bickering.  And the tight path has fewer traps but there are some.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #452 on: January 17, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »

True Undead: The source of the Species. Mina, Dracula, etc. Handthorpe after a long gestational period

Undead: the bitten who are not turned by true undead; or thralls of True Undead who have just died as a human and awakened as a vampire. True Undead thralls become True Undead after several years' gestation after death, but most have at least a few of their master's traits. Handthorpe.

Thrall: bitten or given draughts of Master's Blood; varying degrees of humanity vs. vampire. Handthorpe before he dies. This could also be Rourke (bitten and given one draught by Mina to heal a wound sustained in a supernatural battle in which he and Mina were comrades of a sort) but only to the very lowest degree -- and he fights it tooth and nail.

It should be said that although Handthorpe is a 'higher' thrall than Rourke might have been, Mina has repudiated Handthorpe-- but has not disowned him, for her own mysterious reasons. She has in essence freed Rourke of the bond that would otherwise exist. Thus, Rourke is human for most intents and purposes, and most likely will not turn after death -- but he's close enough that Mina trusts him with the dagger (note: it's not the same dagger from the last episode).

Sorry if this flies in the face of any game, anime, or other canons.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:33:59 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #453 on: January 17, 2012, 11:19:13 pm »

Thanks for the clarification; I was just going with what I knew best. This makes a lot of sense.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #454 on: January 17, 2012, 11:34:01 pm »

I kind of want aunty to come charging in near the end looking for her wayward husband.  And anyone can play as Randal to keep the story moving.
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2012, 11:48:12 pm »

That matches most of what I suspected for vampires
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #456 on: January 17, 2012, 11:53:38 pm »

I figured if I was a mummy I would want to look down at my deathtraps too and it would realty mess with people to have a mummy drop on them from above.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #457 on: January 18, 2012, 12:22:41 am »

Oh, I agree, they should be as ambulatory as Imhotep and more so...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #458 on: January 18, 2012, 01:28:33 am »

ROFL. Watching youtube, getting nunchaku tutorials (its great for burning blood sugar, I've found)... and found this:

http://youtu.be/MJZE2eZQHc8
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #459 on: January 18, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »

ROFL. Watching youtube, getting nunchaku tutorials (its great for burning blood sugar, I've found)... and found this:

http://youtu.be/MJZE2eZQHc8

I just read the title and I don't think I want to see this.  Shocked

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #460 on: January 18, 2012, 04:21:26 pm »

...so yeah, maybe something went wrong. Holy cursed temple, Batman!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:15:38 pm by Evelyn Adler » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #461 on: January 18, 2012, 11:40:24 pm »

Yeah, plot hole time...

I love it when a plan hasn't come together...

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #462 on: January 19, 2012, 12:02:06 am »

I don't see a plot hole - if we don't suceed in there, we don't need to worry about getting out again.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #463 on: January 19, 2012, 12:49:30 am »

If we do succeed, we have to worry. It's a hole, just not one we're otherwise guaranteed to fall in
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #464 on: January 19, 2012, 12:55:54 am »

Doesn't have to be a hole, especially since it was all part of a plan anyway. It is to be hoped that Rourke and Alex and others will give chase.

------
Off to a meeting; I'll be back around 8:00 Central Standard Time.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:57:53 am by MWBailey » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #465 on: January 19, 2012, 01:01:00 am »

Either way, I'll have Rooney begin heading out...
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #466 on: January 19, 2012, 09:58:07 am »

So Rooney has a suicide complex?

The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #467 on: January 19, 2012, 10:21:55 am »

So Rooney has a suicide complex?

Rooney has a genius complex, he just doesn't know it
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #468 on: January 19, 2012, 11:36:49 am »

I think, Rooney has a lone wolf complex. He always tries to leave the group and do things on his own.
Leaving the group when they're about to fight their most dangerous adversary and heading out instead is not what I would call genius right away.

In my opinion we should start worrying about an escape route when we're sure there IS some escape - it will inevitably be, because this is a story and we won't write that we all die in this temple, but we WILL save the day (and the rest of the world) at some point. But our characters don't know that. They fully expect that this adventure could be their last. And of course we'd need all firepower IN the temple when we fight that, what we came for and not at the exit.

My two cents. Hope you take no offense. But Rooney's plans go against everything I've ever learned in roleplaying...  Grin
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #469 on: January 19, 2012, 11:45:23 am »

Talbot might just be challenging on that very fact when they get out of here, after all Rooney has scampered off just as they're about to face handthorpe and a mummy it smacks of cowardice or ulterior motives is Rooney really on our side...
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #470 on: January 19, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »

I think, Rooney has a lone wolf complex. He always tries to leave the group and do things on his own.
Leaving the group when they're about to fight their most dangerous adversary and heading out instead is not what I would call genius right away.

In my opinion we should start worrying about an escape route when we're sure there IS some escape - it will inevitably be, because this is a story and we won't write that we all die in this temple, but we WILL save the day (and the rest of the world) at some point. But our characters don't know that. They fully expect that this adventure could be their last. And of course we'd need all firepower IN the temple when we fight that, what we came for and not at the exit.

My two cents. Hope you take no offense. But Rooney's plans go against everything I've ever learned in roleplaying...  Grin

He's a genius, just wait.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2012, 12:09:36 pm »

And bear in mind that he is kinda used to being a 'lone wolf'. He does want to 'kick the habit' as it were but it'll take time.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #472 on: January 19, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »

Lets try not to let characters' actions speak for RL people, here; I'm sure Corsair's character's actions are strictly in character. Might even work out well. Surely we can cope and still be successful.
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #473 on: January 19, 2012, 04:17:49 pm »

I'm not worried. It does seem in character for Rooney, and I'm sure everything will work out one way or another.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #474 on: January 19, 2012, 04:27:11 pm »

Not to worry, Issa won't turn (unless miss Adler decides to make her do so); any side or ill effects are temporary. She could conceivably even be the one to do for Handthorpe...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: