The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 03, 2020, 09:46:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread  (Read 74210 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #400 on: January 12, 2012, 12:40:57 am »

I can't remember what year it is either.

Yes I am always up for a game.
I am sure that every person involved in this now can tell a good story.
China could be neat.  I need to do some research too so I can picture things right.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #401 on: January 12, 2012, 01:00:01 am »

I would gladly act as GM for it, but if you come up with the rough plot idea then you'd probably be best for it

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #402 on: January 12, 2012, 11:53:09 am »

I'm envisioning tents galore between the pyramids etc with a reasonably high fence around that campsite with two entrances (eastern and western), followed by another fence around the dig itself (with one entrance)

Forgive me if this breaks the layout others were using or planning to use
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #403 on: January 12, 2012, 01:42:54 pm »

I had imagined a looser camp surrounded by Treadstone steam vans with big old guns to keep the dig team in line

I can work with a work camp feel though
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #404 on: January 12, 2012, 02:50:30 pm »

I have trouble remembering the year all the time, but thats a personal issue... Wink

Seriously, I'm fairly certain it's 1884 or thereabouts (assuming the Dagger took place in december of 1883, and its after New years 1884. if not, then its still 1883.
-----------------
I mentioned a perimeter, so I was thinking of yes a work camp, but surrounded by laagered (wagons circled old west style) steam vans. Sort of both scenarios blended, you might say. Corsair's sounds like a perfect setup to me.

I'm going to 'court' today (payment of speeding ticket), so I'll be out of pocket all morning, maybe part of the afternoon as well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:56:49 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Cpt Wallace
Snr. Officer

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2012, 02:57:58 pm »

I have no intention of harming or doing anything with May-Li save for perhaps handing her over to Issa/hawtorne after a short bout with Talbot having her against the ropes and letting Issa/hawthorne take over the fight

but that was just an idea.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #406 on: January 13, 2012, 12:23:14 am »

I would gladly act as GM for it, but if you come up with the rough plot idea then you'd probably be best for it

Oh I don't have to; I'm just as glad to tag along if someone else volunteers to take the lead. As long as the story continues, I'm happy!

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #407 on: January 13, 2012, 12:42:03 am »

Must be a hefty speeding fine if it leaves you out of pocket :p :p

I plan on waiting until everyone else is on the ground, the re-appearing to make the guards scramble.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #408 on: January 13, 2012, 02:21:26 am »

Guess what: The Officer hasn't turned in the ticket, yet. *shrug* until he does, I can't do anything about the fine. Oh, well...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2012, 06:52:56 am »

OoOpS... Pardon the double post. I'm suddenly completely bushed, so I'm off to bed. Good Morrow everyone.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #410 on: January 13, 2012, 11:22:57 pm »

Hehehe I am having so much fun being creepy.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #411 on: January 13, 2012, 11:50:37 pm »

Private Weasel is a bit under the weather at the moment and I'll probably be away much of the time, so we decided to take a break from writing this weekend. Don't try to kill us, please!  Wink
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:30:54 am by Evelyn Adler » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #412 on: January 14, 2012, 04:13:16 am »

Oh, I assure you, theres much to do with the tribesmen and a little 'wizard weather,' so to speak, not to mention the far-reaching consequences of disturbing the crypt...mwa ha ha ha... No need to worry about your characters being killed.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #413 on: January 14, 2012, 04:57:42 am »

Just thought I'd add a little something to stir things up a bit...
The EMerald Gaslight
Deck Hand

« Reply #414 on: January 14, 2012, 01:40:24 pm »

Name: Vernier Myers
Origin/History: Despite claiming to be English, Vernier was born in the Australian colonies after his father was exiled after an experimental boiler on an iron-clad exploded, killing the entire crew. Due to his living conditions, Vernier spent a lot of his life playing among scrap-heaps, tinkering and teaching himself how to repair damaged devices using what was laying around. After the death of his father, Vernier managed to escape in a small air-craft that he and this father spent years working on. He spent the next 5 years making his way across Asia and Europe. He finally arrived at Dover on a small tramp steamer he had won in a bet with a German fisherman. On arrival, he found a job as an engineer's apprentice and spent 7 years working for him. When the opportunity arrived to work, Vernier jumped at the chance, working to repair any damaged parts of the ship as soon as they happen.
Cover Occupation: Boiler Engineer.
Skills: Vernier is a bit of a mechanical genius, being able to repair most systems with parts laying around. He has also shown to be adept at repairs in dangerous situations, like climbing out of the ship to repair some hull damage.
Weaponry: A scratch Built 'welding knife', Modified rivet gun
Equipment: Standard tool kit, Mag-boots, Lucky lighter.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #415 on: January 14, 2012, 02:01:12 pm »

Seeing as this is a short RP I'd say there probably isn't an opportunity for you to join part-way through. We're just approaching the story's climax though and the 3rd installment will have started by February I'd say so you're more than welcome to join then. I'm assuming the ship you found work on in your backstory is the Marigold itself? If so, it would be easy for you to become an 'upgraded minor character' as it were.

Then again, I could be speaking for myself rather than everyone so I'll let Bailey pass judgement on this.

In any case, thank you for showing interest!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #416 on: January 14, 2012, 09:26:17 pm »

Seeing as this is a short RP I'd say there probably isn't an opportunity for you to join part-way through. We're just approaching the story's climax though and the 3rd installment will have started by February I'd say so you're more than welcome to join then. I'm assuming the ship you found work on in your backstory is the Marigold itself? If so, it would be easy for you to become an 'upgraded minor character' as it were.

Then again, I could be speaking for myself rather than everyone so I'll let Bailey pass judgement on this.

Hmmm... I'm in two minds about this.

(1) Ordinarily I'd say "The more the merrier," but Corsair's right, the storyline's getting to the middle and the climax, although we've sort of slowed down for the nonce, Its a little past half over, so you might get more out of the next installment.

(2) I don't want to discourage you, however. You're welcome to join our merry crew. It would seem that the nature of Short RPs (which are a bit of an experiment after all) is to do things almost on the fly, so if you can do that, then maybe you could  give it a whirl, and make it work out.

In either case, though, it's up to you to make the character work out or not.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #417 on: January 15, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »

I'm in a bit of a hurry, going out and don't know when I'll be back tonight.... Can you just assume, that Alex and Issa made it to the temple entrance somehow (avoided fighting whenever possible, didn't run into some kind of catastrophe for a change) and drag them in after you?

I just read something in Corsair's post, we're unaccounted for.  Undecided
Sorry 'bout going MIA, but you know, RL and all that..!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:27:15 pm by Evelyn Adler » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #418 on: January 15, 2012, 12:53:32 pm »

If you don't mind then, I'll mention the two of you strolling in just after I set up shop outside
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2012, 12:05:08 am »

Careful with marching on too far, there are 3 of us not with you just yet who will not know how to disable these traps
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #420 on: January 16, 2012, 01:00:00 am »

<- Rogue!  Grin

But Corsair is right of course. "Let's split!" has one of the top places on the list of famous last words... (others being "I just want to try something..." and "Oh look, a dragon!")
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:02:58 am by Evelyn Adler » Logged
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #421 on: January 16, 2012, 02:27:06 am »

<- Rogue!  Grin

But Corsair is right of course. "Let's split!" has one of the top places on the list of famous last words... (others being "I just want to try something..." and "Oh look, a dragon!")

And it's a miracle we survived being split up already, literary laws dictate it would never work out a second time.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #422 on: January 16, 2012, 03:38:11 am »

laws, shmaws, all ya haveta do is trip over a booby tra--!

Something tells me Rourke is about to make a surprise re-entrance just in time to rejoin everybody else. Of course, he has inadvertently brought a 'friend' to the party...  Wink
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:56:54 am by MWBailey » Logged
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #423 on: January 16, 2012, 04:56:51 am »

Sorry, a sudden change of plans kept me occupied all day. I'll try to get caught up.

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #424 on: January 16, 2012, 05:16:47 am »

I can understand I have been sewing tiny goggels most of the evening.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: