The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 02, 2020, 05:44:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Log of the HMAS Marigold OOC Thread  (Read 73707 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2011, 12:56:03 am »

Ok, the end is up; let me know if I need to change anything. Was the man who was rescued by the fishermen Handthorpe? Was he the mysterious customer in the gunsmith's shop? Were they the same man? Only time will tell...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Private Weasel
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2011, 01:01:27 am »

Bravo Sir! Bravo!
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2011, 01:23:42 am »

Ooooh nice you allready have me ploting for next time.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2011, 02:05:39 am »

I don't think anything needs to be changed. I'll edit a previous post to reflect that our ship headed for the Canary Islands after escaping.

And yes, I'm already thinking through what I'll be doing next. Oh I wonder where the crew will find Redburn next time they need him. Grin

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #229 on: December 22, 2011, 02:35:46 am »

Ooooh! Wonderful ending! Beautifully written!  Smiley

I can't wait to write the next story with you guys, it's been a feast!
Does anyone feel inclined to brew up a plot for that dungeons&mummies adventure?
(MWBailey, I'm looking at you...)

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. (Cecil Beaton)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #230 on: December 22, 2011, 02:39:26 am »

Yes That sounds like fun.  I wonder if Egypt is suffering from plagues again?
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #231 on: December 22, 2011, 02:59:23 am »

I'm sure it is. It just wouldn't be Egypt without plagues. And mummies. And curses.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #232 on: December 22, 2011, 02:59:59 am »

The ten plagues of Egypt? Locusts? Rivers running red as blood? Fire raining from the sky? And my favourite: boils and sores!
And some undead dude running around looking for a replacement for his late girlfriend?
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #233 on: December 22, 2011, 03:02:57 am »

Hang on a minute! I know that movie!

Tongue
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #234 on: December 22, 2011, 03:48:25 am »

I don't think anything needs to be changed. I'll edit a previous post to reflect that our ship headed for the Canary Islands after escaping.

And yes, I'm already thinking through what I'll be doing next. Oh I wonder where the crew will find Redburn next time they need him. Grin
Ooooh! Wonderful ending! Beautifully written!  Smiley

I can't wait to write the next story with you guys, it's been a feast!
Does anyone feel inclined to brew up a plot for that dungeons&mummies adventure?
(MWBailey, I'm looking at you...)
Yes That sounds like fun.  I wonder if Egypt is suffering from plagues again?
I'm sure it is. It just wouldn't be Egypt without plagues. And mummies. And curses.
The ten plagues of Egypt? Locusts? Rivers running red as blood? Fire raining from the sky? And my favourite: boils and sores!
And some undead dude running around looking for a replacement for his late girlfriend?

Hang on a minute! I know that movie!

Hmmm...

Yes...

(just after a short hiatus. Not sure what the new year will bring, Doctor- and Insulin-wise, but I will definitely give it a shot. Er... no pun intended Cheesy).

(Also, I have yet to completely compile my RD for Mr. Arkwright's Publication, I'm working on an "in" for a new player in The New World, and Mom wants a painting for Xmas, so I'll be a little busy the next few days).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:21:59 am by MWBailey » Logged
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #235 on: December 22, 2011, 10:00:43 am »

No pressure - I just thought, you did it so brilliantly the first time, maybe you'd like to invent another story.
Since we're wildly improvising anyway most of the time, we only need some kind of overture and maybe a few plot points.
If you or someone else would agree, to be the virtual "gamemaster" once more, we could also PM you with our ideas (provided we have any...) and you could take your pick.

MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #236 on: December 22, 2011, 10:12:52 am »

I'll be happy to do so; Corsair said that he wanted to start a game, too; I think the idea was to have more than one short game running concurrently.
Private Weasel
« Reply #237 on: December 22, 2011, 10:25:44 am »

I think I'd like to place my hat in the ring. 

Whilst I'm new (the board tells me I've been here a brief 2 days 15 hours) after the next game, I'd love to start a bit of colaborative fiction as a scene setter (I know you guys now, I don't think Games Master is likely, maybe Games Starter)

I'd love to see the characters we've introduced here ride again.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2011, 01:33:32 pm »

Outstanding ending!

I'll be starting my own short RP, For King And Country in the new year and will hopefully be joining a possible sequel to this game Smiley

Am I the only one thinking that the fish may be carrying Greenmouth?

Also, this game is one of 3 on the forum to ever successfully finish!

All in all, this has provided a lovely end to the year Cheesy I'm off for Christmas as of early tomorrow so if I don't a chance to post tomorrow Jubilant Christmas to everyone and a Splendid Year's Passing!

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2011, 05:24:44 pm »

Yes I would love to see more people running games and the wonderful thing about running one here is you have such a good collaboration with your players.  Just to let you all know I am horribly hooked on this again so you will always have at least me as a player. I have been a part of the other two games that finished and I have to say even the best story is nothing without players to keep the fire going and this is a good batch.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2011, 09:14:17 pm »

Just wanted to give this a little push; also wanted to check, everyone still aboard & survived the festivities?
We've got two hats thrown into the ring for the next story, how do we go from there?
And when?
I need my story fix!!! *trembling hands*
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2011, 09:33:31 pm »

I know the feeling.  I bet if we have all our player ready we could make some starting posts and then corsair could catch up when he is back.
Private Weasel
« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2011, 11:11:39 am »

I'm happy to start when ever you're ready. Back in work today and would welcome the distraction whenever we're ready.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »

My word, such enthusiasm! Lemme see, I was thinking about Something like The Log of the Marigold: Machinations and Mummies, clockwork undead wth real mummies showing up either sooner or late. Rourke's just getting back from Khartoum, which siege hasn't happened yet (the time period, yearwise -- probably Spring 1884 -- is almost perfect; of course, it's an AU, so timelines could be different, as well as actual historical outcomes. Any of that sound promising?
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2011, 09:05:49 pm »

Sounds great to me. An Egyptian story is right up my alley.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2011, 09:26:51 pm »

That sounds like the start of a lovely adventure.  Count me in.
Evelyn Adler
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of Dorkness

« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2011, 02:22:59 am »

Oh YES! Please!
Bring it on!  Grin
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2011, 12:00:03 pm »

OK, lets put our OOC stuff for the Sequels(s) to TTATD in this thread. The new game(s?) will have its own specifically-titled thread.

As always,we need the character sheets. TTATD players can just copy and paste theirs from the other OOC, and alter them to reflect the changes due to the passage of time (roughly 1 month) since the events in TTATD:

Name:
Cover Occupation:
Skills:
Weaponry (2 to 3 only, please):
Equipment:

Same AU as in TTATD, steam and aetheric electrics, rudimentary Internal Combustion, Thaumic power possible,
Sort of New This Time: Technology is paramount; rayguns and such possible; Magical abilities/possibilities about the same as the Mummy movies. "Special Powers" have not manifested in the population, and are not likely to do so, beyond inborn aptitude to use what little magic there is. Mainly ancient magic (such as Egyptian religio-ritualistic, Sumerian, Norse Runic, Druidic, Mayan, etc.) works.

--------------------------
I'm still working on the Intro; it should be up by tomorrow (Thursday) evening. Actual play could begin Friday; I have to finish some writing for other concerns pretty soon, and I'll be out of pocket Sunday and Monday at least, but none of that should conflict with the game. I hope...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 02:54:40 pm by MWBailey » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2011, 02:57:34 pm »

Took off the stuff about individual powers, immortality & invulnerability as it just felt too restrictive and heavyhanded. Sorry about that, folks.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Tomatoes?
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2011, 05:34:23 pm »

Name: Starling Scott
Origin:English girl that grew up in the forests of India but was educated in London and much prefers the former to the latter.
Cover Occupation: Medical researcher
Skills:Full medical degree with specialization in toxins.  Survival skills mainly for wooded temperate to tropical zones. Advanced understanding of poisons and organic chemistry.  Large game hunter mainly for large cats that came too close to her home.
Weaponry (2 to 3 only, please):Blow gun with darts, machete, Old Betsy 2.0 (elephant gun\ small cannon)
Equipment:Water purification tablets, Greenie Vaccine(4 doses), Souped up wing pack painted up like a parrot, Box of plant extracts and medicine, rope, prototype filter mask, sample collection kit and a very small lab for testing plant and human samples.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: