Author Topic: Chico Steampunk meets Mark Twain Dec. 3  (Read 819 times)

remusrox

• Deck Hand
  • Naturalist
Chico Steampunk meets Mark Twain Dec. 3
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:23:24 pm »
Chico Steampunk Society (located in Chico, CA) is going to invade the annual Christmas event at the local Victorian house downtown. The Stansbury house will be having music, carriage rides and... Mark Twain. You read that correctly: MARK TWAIN.

We'll be invading the event in our steampunk finery (and trying to see what time machine they used to get Twain here) and probably catching dinner together afterward. Cost is $6 and we'll be meeting December 3rd at 6 p.m. Check out our FB event here: http://www.facebook.com/events/306352199377159/

Anyone in the Northern California area who can come is more than welcome (that goes for all of our events). 

Lady Toadflinger

• Snr. Officer
Re: Chico Steampunk meets Mark Twain Dec. 3
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 06:41:15 pm »
Remusrox,
Hail from My Aukum! (Placerville area) Are you and your cohorts going to be visiting the Dickens Fair at the Cow Palace? This coming Saturday, the 10th, there is supposed to be a SP costume contest, as well as other events, and the Sacramento Steampunk Society will be invading. My friends and I will be there to see the contest, visit La Legion Fantastique, and of course see the daily feeding of the giant squid! I hear that there will  be snow this year inside the Cow Palace. Amazing! (Although, with the weather we are having today, I wouldn't be surprised to see snow all over Northern California) Hope you can join us!
This isn't the Junior Chamber of Commerce, Brad!