The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
April 01, 2020, 05:20:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta Area Steampunk Roll Call  (Read 5756 times)
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

ptliontamer
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2012, 09:16:55 pm »

I don't think there is an age requirement for the event but go ahead and post on The Artifice Club facebook page and ask. I am sure you will quickly get an answer.

And see you all there!

Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

Kapitän of the airborne assault carrier "Hermann"

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2012, 11:31:28 pm »

I have decided to go to "A Midsummer Night's Steam", but I can't find any information whatsoever about where the event is located.
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 04:02:26 am »

The facebook page includes location details for Midsummer Night's Steam. Smiley

Oh, you are beautiful! No really, you are, you're gorgeous! Space-age clockwork, I love it, I've got chills! Listen, I mean this from the heart - and by the way, count those - it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you.

But that won't stop me.
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 08:47:10 am »

http://www.thesolarium.com/

Is this place the venue? Just checking as I don't want to end up at the wrong location.
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 04:27:25 pm »

http://www.thesolarium.com/

Is this place the venue? Just checking as I don't want to end up at the wrong location.

Yes, I believe that's it, that's where the weird west saloon was last year..

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2012, 03:09:08 am »

This may seem like a rather silly question, but how does the ticketing system work. I bought my ticket online and received an e-mail with a confirmation number. Am I supposed to print this out, or do I enter it into someplace on the website and print something out from there. Like I once said, I am almost embarassingly un-computer savvy for someone of my age.
TVC15
Zeppelin Admiral

Extremely hazardous...have some?

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2012, 03:32:04 am »

More of a query to Ginny: I live in Alabaster but have not heard nor seen any related events in Birmingham. Am I missing something more than my memory? The event stated for Atlanta sounds like fun but unfortunately, or not, I have already made plans for that day/evening. Events in Chattanooga also seem to be a place to be. I had cancelled reservations at the Choo Choo after the demise of my SO.

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain

ptliontamer
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2012, 04:20:43 am »

This may seem like a rather silly question, but how does the ticketing system work. I bought my ticket online and received an e-mail with a confirmation number. Am I supposed to print this out, or do I enter it into someplace on the website and print something out from there. Like I once said, I am almost embarassingly un-computer savvy for someone of my age.

you can bring the print out of the confirmation but you should be on a list at the door.
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2012, 06:24:05 am »

TVC15: There are a couple of local Birmingham conventions. There's the Alabama Phoenix Festival, which was on Memorial Day weekend and is scheduled to occur again next year. http://www.alabamaphoenixfestival.com/ It was small which is kind of not surprising; first year and all. But I still had a good time. There is also Play-On Con, which is coming up later this month: http://www.playoncon.com/. I haven't been there before, but I hear it is awesome. I will most likely be attending this year. Smiley Neither of these are Steampunk events specifically, but we actually have some really talented Steampunk makers here in Alabama, and they tend to do panels at these events. There was a LOT of Steampunk costuming and panels at APF, and I expect the same at POC.
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2012, 06:25:13 am »

Double posting to set this one apart from the last.
Atlantans: I am considering a move to your city. I want to get to know your city better first. I have been to Atlanta a lot, but always with a purpose, and never just to hang out. Can anyone recommend some fun places to hang? Nightlife, daytime hangout, cool shops, great restaurants. If it is really well known, I probably know about it and/or have been there. And obviously, my interests sway towards the geeky things. Doesn't need to be specifically Steampunk. Let me know your suggestions!
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain

ptliontamer
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2012, 04:39:29 pm »

Double posting to set this one apart from the last.
Atlantans: I am considering a move to your city. I want to get to know your city better first. I have been to Atlanta a lot, but always with a purpose, and never just to hang out. Can anyone recommend some fun places to hang? Nightlife, daytime hangout, cool shops, great restaurants. If it is really well known, I probably know about it and/or have been there. And obviously, my interests sway towards the geeky things. Doesn't need to be specifically Steampunk. Let me know your suggestions!

Bars - East atlanta Village
Bars & Alt Shopping - Little 5 points
Bars, Alt Shopping and better restaurants - Decatur Square (not Atlanta but right next door)

That can get you started.
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:38 pm »

Bars - East atlanta Village
Bars & Alt Shopping - Little 5 points
Bars, Alt Shopping and better restaurants - Decatur Square (not Atlanta but right next door)

That can get you started.

Been to each of these except for East Atlanta Village. Smiley. At least I think I have - Decatur Square is where Eddie's Attic is, right? I could probably stand to spend more time in each of these areas though, instead of just running around them briefly to entertain myself and fill up the hour before a concert or something. I need to plan at least a weekend vacation in the city, just for my own enjoyment, without having some other event taking up all my time there.
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

At the helm of the Frumious Bandersnatch

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2012, 04:21:00 pm »

LibertyCon, Chattanooga Choo-Choo - Next weekend!

Eric Flint, Timothy Zahn, LARRY NIVEN AND JERRY POURNELLE!!!!!!

Cheers!

Chas.

Captain Sir Charles A. Lyerly, O.B.T.
Soldier of Fortune and Gentleman Adventurer
wire: captain_lyerly, at wire office "Yahoo dot Qom"

"You'd think he'd learn."
"Heh! De best minions neffer do!"
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2012, 05:14:34 am »

So many cons. So little time.

Is anyone traveling to Alabama at the end of June for Play-On Con? I'm working that event. Smiley
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2012, 04:47:58 am »

Sadly, I will not be able to attend more than a few hours of Dragon Con (if I am able to attend at all). I am wondering if there are any more events this year before or after Dragon Con that I might be able to attend.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: