The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 16, 2020, 02:10:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlanta Area Steampunk Roll Call  (Read 5841 times)
Strapped-4-Cache
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Oooo! Shiny!

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 12:49:38 am »

Maets, if the wife and I hadn't already jumped through dozens of hoops to arrange our weekend I would be all over that offer.  Sorry I won't be able to take you up on it.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 04:44:44 pm »

Sorry you couldn't make it. Great show with some nice steampunk.

Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

At the helm of the Frumious Bandersnatch

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 01:25:04 am »

Anything coming up in ATL soon?

Chas.

Captain Sir Charles A. Lyerly, O.B.T.
Soldier of Fortune and Gentleman Adventurer
wire: captain_lyerly, at wire office "Yahoo dot Qom"

"You'd think he'd learn."
"Heh! De best minions neffer do!"
Balogun
Deck Hand

Gravatar

Baba_Balogun
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 02:09:44 am »

I live in Atlanta.
Pleased to meet everyone!
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

Kapitän of the airborne assault carrier "Hermann"

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 08:58:42 pm »

Deleted Post.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:15:25 pm by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 04:48:25 am »

Anything coming up in ATL soon?

Chas.

That's exactly what I want to know.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:06:36 pm by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 06:41:03 pm »

Nothing on the calendar until July, it seems.

La Contessa will be out of town for a while; if I can get things organized here in her absence - why is it that when two people are here, we manage to get less done?!!???!? - I might be able to arrange a meetup of some sort.  It got so hot so early this year, though - and I missed Steampunk in the Park, gah!  Outside doings just won't be worth while for a long time.  Inside usually involves a meeting at a restaurant, and finding a tolerant venue with the proper ambiance might be a struggle.

Ah, well.  Open to suggestions, of course.

Cheers!

Chas.
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 07:28:15 pm »

Nothing on the calendar until July, it seems.

La Contessa will be out of town for a while; if I can get things organized here in her absence - why is it that when two people are here, we manage to get less done?!!???!? - I might be able to arrange a meetup of some sort.  It got so hot so early this year, though - and I missed Steampunk in the Park, gah!  Outside doings just won't be worth while for a long time.  Inside usually involves a meeting at a restaurant, and finding a tolerant venue with the proper ambiance might be a struggle.

Ah, well.  Open to suggestions, of course.

Cheers!

Chas.

What happens in July?
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 01:29:07 pm »

Libertycon up here in Chattanooga.  Uncle Timmy moved it to the Choo-Choo this year, it seems.  The rumor is that besides the Really Big Names on the schedule, there are going to be some Really Big Names visiting as well.  I think Tim is going to give it up after this year, so he has tried to make this one not just special, but a real blow-out.

I am just assuming that there will be a large Steampunk presence; I will have to drop Tim a line and see if there will be separate Steampunk tracks.

Cheers!

Chas.
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012, 12:53:44 am »

Can you give us a link to the Libertycon website? I would like to see what this is about. Unfortunately I will likely not be able to attend DragonCon, as a family member has scheduled a wedding on the same weekend (Angry).
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 01:52:48 am »

Anyone still here? I think I might have killed this thread.
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 05:12:05 am »

Hello all. From yet another suburb of Atlanta - Birmingham AL. Wink
Since there had been mention of recent happenings, there is the Midsummer Night's Steam coming up very soon: http://www.theartificeclub.com/midsummer-nights-steam.html

I will be in attendance. And of course there is always Dragon*Con. Smiley

Oh, you are beautiful! No really, you are, you're gorgeous! Space-age clockwork, I love it, I've got chills! Listen, I mean this from the heart - and by the way, count those - it would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble you.

But that won't stop me.
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »

Deleted Post.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:57:34 pm by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2012, 01:52:43 pm »

Hello all. From yet another suburb of Atlanta - Birmingham AL. Wink
Since there had been mention of recent happenings, there is the Midsummer Night's Steam coming up very soon: http://www.theartificeclub.com/midsummer-nights-steam.html

I will be in attendance. And of course there is always Dragon*Con. Smiley

I will be at both! I even have pieces in the Art Show at DragonCon!

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2012, 02:39:09 pm »

Deleted Post.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:46:42 pm by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 02:48:26 pm »

http://www.libertycon.org/

Still haven't heard about a Steam track - but it is at the Choo Choo!  The hotel itself is steamy enough, con or no con.

Should be a great time - membership is limited, don't wait too late to decide!

Chas.
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 12:14:52 am »

Nice! I'll be working at the Midsummer dance, although it's my understanding that they give us shifts so we can enjoy the party. If you normally show art at DragonCon, I have probably seen you (or at least your work). DragonCon is an every year event for me.

Still haven't heard about a Steam track - but it is at the Choo Choo!  The hotel itself is steamy enough, con or no con.

Chas.

A con at the Choo Choo sounds awesome. I wish July weren't so busy, though. Birmingham has Play On Con the weekend after LibertyCon, and it's just not possible for me to afford all these events while also prepping for DragonCon. Sad
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:53 am »

Nice! I'll be working at the Midsummer dance, although it's my understanding that they give us shifts so we can enjoy the party. If you normally show art at DragonCon, I have probably seen you (or at least your work). DragonCon is an every year event for me.

Chas.

A con at the Choo Choo sounds awesome. I wish July weren't so busy, though. Birmingham has Play On Con the weekend after LibertyCon, and it's just not possible for me to afford all these events while also prepping for DragonCon. Sad

It's my first time in the art show- I'm very excited, but I do work ConSuite for DragonCon.... Also for the Midsummer Nights Steam, I'm an outdoor vendor, I hope to see some BG folks there!
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2012, 01:49:49 am »

Chas.

It's my first time in the art show- I'm very excited, but I do work ConSuite for DragonCon.... Also for the Midsummer Nights Steam, I'm an outdoor vendor, I hope to see some BG folks there!

As said before, I probably won't be able to go to DragonCon. Therefore, I have been spending a lot of time looking for steampunk specific events to attend. Is there a minimum age for "A Midsummer Night's Steam". I'm 19 years old and I have never been to a formal dance in my life. I don't think I would enjoy one either, but it would be a good opportunity to meet some other steampunks (even if they are all a lot older than me).
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2012, 03:16:34 am »

Mr. Fritz, I don't know if there is an age limit.. The Midsummer Nights Steam is put on by the Artifice Club, a lovely bunch of steamy Atlanta folks... Ms. Wilhelmina Frame would probably have more details..
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2012, 03:22:22 am »

Another question; would it be acceptable to come in costume, and if so are there any rules concerning what can be worn?
ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 03:25:27 am »

Another question; would it be acceptable to come in costume, and if so are there any rules concerning what can be worn?

Of course you can come in costume! When they did the Weird West Saloon last year, there was everything from amazing costumes to folks that just grabbed the nearest cowboy hat, but everyone had a great time..
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 04:00:07 am »

Mr. Fritz, I don't know if there is an age limit.. The Midsummer Nights Steam is put on by the Artifice Club, a lovely bunch of steamy Atlanta folks... Ms. Wilhelmina Frame would probably have more details..

What ForestB said. Smiley Also, check the link I posted above, or contact them about the event.

ForestB - I look forward to seeing you there. I'm glad to hear there will be vendors! I'm trying to get more active in local cons and steampunk events, which means a lot of traveling to Atlanta. There's just more going on there than here. I went to STEAMFest a few months ago, and it was really good. So I'm pleased to be working an Artifice Club event. Smiley
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012, 04:04:02 am »

I did check the link, no information regarding any rules or regulations regarding age or dress.
Ginny Blundy
Snr. Officer

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012, 04:18:01 am »

Right. I imagine if there was an age limit, it would be posted. There is a facebook page for the event, you might check it out - as far as I can tell they are very responsive to questions. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: