The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
February 20, 2020, 10:31:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 297174 times)
Abigail Ross
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #675 on: April 13, 2008, 09:40:03 pm »

Thank you. I'll see about displaying my works sometime. 
Mr. Corbett, you've chosen an excellent avatar.  Balthier is a good choice.

What? The left handed inverter wrench went over the side?!  Curse you, Barnabas!
Mark Finn
« Reply #676 on: April 14, 2008, 03:44:28 am »

Might you be Mr. Marcus Finn of Portland?  In that case I believe we met at the Lucky Lab Brew Pub last Monday evening; you were there with Adam and I was the only lady in the group of VW gentlemen.  If not that Mr. Finn, then I beg your pardon, Sir. 

In any case, welcome!

I am not the same Mr. Finn. I don't have much truck with the Portland Finns, I'm afraid. I blame the inclement Pacific Northwest weather. I currently hang my goggles in Texas, and I am the only Finn of my kind here. Consider your pardon officially begged.

And thank you for the welcome.

I do, however, have a fondness for Volkswagons. So, there's that.
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #677 on: April 14, 2008, 03:40:14 pm »

*hat tip*

Old face from last year that's been away. Decided that life's eased up enough that i can start foruming again.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

~The Black Blood Alchemist~

« Reply #678 on: April 14, 2008, 03:50:37 pm »

Lazaras! I was but a mere baby when you fled the nest, but I remember your legacy well. Welcome back!

I'm as mad as I am, but no madder!
Live in Victoria? Check out the Victoria Meet Up Thread!
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #679 on: April 14, 2008, 04:13:57 pm »

*chuckles*

Surely you jest. I wasn't gone THAT long was I?
Ampère Volt
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Danger! High Voltage!

« Reply #680 on: April 14, 2008, 10:23:33 pm »

They grow up so fast *whipes tear*

Welcome back, says this newcomer  Grin

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
<i>Oscar Wilde</i>
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.
<i>Charlotte Bronte</i>
Riaghos Meridian
Gunner

-_Q

« Reply #681 on: April 14, 2008, 11:10:20 pm »

Howdy!

I've been following the BG blog for a year or so now and just now found the forum. I hope to get to know you all over time and I look forward to joining the community here.

Mrs. Sullivan
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #682 on: April 15, 2008, 02:21:24 am »

I am not the same Mr. Finn. I don't have much truck with the Portland Finns, I'm afraid. I blame the inclement Pacific Northwest weather. I currently hang my goggles in Texas, and I am the only Finn of my kind here. Consider your pardon officially begged.

And thank you for the welcome.

I do, however, have a fondness for Volkswagons. So, there's that.

Yes, those newfangled horseless carriages from Germany are quite the rage, aren't they?  I'm afraid Mr. Sullivan is amassing quite the collection, there are currently five of the machines on our property.

I\\\'m in Darkshines\\\' Sewing Swap!
Simeon Sterling
« Reply #683 on: April 15, 2008, 03:16:18 am »

Small town deisel here.
vonWolfehaus
Officer

Quarter Master of the pirate airship Orfiel

« Reply #684 on: April 15, 2008, 04:01:49 am »

Welcome, fellow deck hands! I could use some help with these lines, so if you will... Wink Lazaras, your reputation precedes you. I look forward to making your acquaintance.

Fantastic! Two others familiar with FF12--I'm currently playing it and yes, Balthier is by far the best character I've encounter so far. Excellent game by the by.

cold constructs
flash, hci/ui r&d
actaeon
« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2008, 09:37:20 pm »

Howdy, y'all. I'd been hearing about this forum from a few sites but never bothered to check. But now I'm here and that's that.
KatarinaNavane
Zeppelin Captain

KatarinaNavane
« Reply #686 on: April 16, 2008, 12:35:44 am »

Welcome, fellow deck hands! I could use some help with these lines, so if you will... Wink Lazaras, your reputation precedes you. I look forward to making your acquaintance.

Fantastic! Two others familiar with FF12--I'm currently playing it and yes, Balthier is by far the best character I've encounter so far. Excellent game by the by.

<3 balthier

Oniichan
Snr. Officer

greylikestorms
« Reply #687 on: April 16, 2008, 05:51:05 am »

Greetings!  I'm Oniichan, Onii for short.  I hail from South Texas, but am currently residing in the Panhandle just south of Amarillo, studying theater at West Texas A&M University.  I'd love to do costume design someday, and my sewing skills, if I may say so, aren't shabby.  Right now I've only got one design credit under my belt, but that may change next year, as I'll be a senior.  I may *gasp* even get a mainstage show to design. 
Anyways.  I found myself here after googling "steampunk" one night, and coming across Steampunk Magazine.  Four printed issues and a lot of reading later led me to this place, and an obsession flared like the uncapped and burning oil derrick in There Will Be Blood.  I've always been fascinated with both cyber- and steampunk, ever since finding William Gibson's works.  Summer plans include lots of steampunk-inspired sketches and clothing designs, as well as visits to plenty of thrift stores in search of useable items.   

Questions, comments?  I'm friendly and don't bite(much), I promise! 

Gradual change, we can believe in.

greyedout.etsy.com
Lisbet De Lacy
Officer

Mad Social Scientist

« Reply #688 on: April 16, 2008, 06:57:50 am »

Hey there, just call me Lisbet.  I've been poking around this forum for a few weeks, mostly in the Tactile and Anatomical sections, and finally located the place to introduce myself.  I live in the mountains of North Carolina in the US where I'm attending university.  One of these days I'll receive my Bachelors of Arts in psychology.  I became interested in steampunk fairly recently, and am still struggling to define it for myself.  Any well-intentioned help or direction would be appreciated. 

Meandering to a different drummer.
Albrecht
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

Commanding Officer LZ-X1 Württemberg

« Reply #689 on: April 16, 2008, 09:30:56 am »

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen (a.k.a meine Damen und Herren).

And as to: "How to define Steampunk". Make it up as you go along. Like tinkering, it's open to constant modification.

Ampère Volt
Snr. Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Danger! High Voltage!

« Reply #690 on: April 16, 2008, 09:55:58 am »

May I add to Albrecht, that like creativity it makes use of an open mind  Grin
Engineer Steelwolf
« Reply #691 on: April 16, 2008, 12:38:32 pm »

Hey there, just call me Lisbet.  I've been poking around this forum for a few weeks, mostly in the Tactile and Anatomical sections, and finally located the place to introduce myself.  I live in the mountains of North Carolina in the US where I'm attending university.  One of these days I'll receive my Bachelors of Arts in psychology.  I became interested in steampunk fairly recently, and am still struggling to define it for myself.  Any well-intentioned help or direction would be appreciated. 

Hey Lisbet. welcome. In terms of finding your style, almost no one here will give you an exact answer because I don't know of many people who have one themselfs. Unfortunately steampunk can't be pinned down on the other hand fortunately steampunk can't be pinned down. Keep reading the literature and take a look at the dress up threads. Somedays I'm not even sure what time/universe/character I think it is, but I can still tell when it isn't steampunk.
Many happy tinkerings.
Mark Finn
« Reply #692 on: April 16, 2008, 10:37:06 pm »

Greetings!  I'm Oniichan, Onii for short.  I hail from South Texas, but am currently residing in the Panhandle just south of Amarillo, studying theater at West Texas A&M University.  I'd love to do costume design someday, and my sewing skills, if I may say so, aren't shabby.  Right now I've only got one design credit under my belt, but that may change next year, as I'll be a senior.  I may *gasp* even get a mainstage show to design. 

What ho, Fellow Texan! I'm in North Texas, along tornado alley. I won't even crack an Aggie Joke. How's that for polite?

Mark
WarHampster
« Reply #693 on: April 17, 2008, 01:44:19 am »

Oh look, there's an introduce yourself thread, just what I was looking for!

I hail from the rather boring state of Connecticut, and my latest obsession is none other than steampunk. Now that my school's 3rd quarter (and the tests that come with it) is over, I'll hopefully get around to spending more time on this most wonderful forum.
Baron von Landau
Zeppelin Captain

Retroeccentric dandy and aspiring villain

« Reply #694 on: April 17, 2008, 05:21:24 am »

Hello fine ladies and gentlemen, (and all you rogues and sky pirates as well Wink)

I'm writing to you from the vast cultural wasteland that you may otherwise have heard mentioned as Southern California, being currently engaged in studying the field of political science in San Diego. As of late, I do believe I may have developed something of an obsession with steampunk. Once I spotted the Von Slatt keyboard, there was no going back... Grin

Anyway, this seems like a quite lovely forum, and I look forward to conversing with such excellent individuals as yourselves.

- Baron Viktor von Landau

"Give me the luxuries of life and I will gladly do without the necessities."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
vonWolfehaus
Officer

« Reply #695 on: April 17, 2008, 05:53:32 am »

Welcome one and all!

I'm writing to you from the vast cultural wasteland that you may otherwise have heard mentioned as Southern California, being currently engaged in studying the field of political science in San Diego. As of late, I do believe I may have developed something of an obsession with steampunk. Once I spotted the Von Slatt keyboard, there was no going back... Grin

Good to have a fellow scientist of the political persuasion. I graduated with a minor in political science while my major was philosophy, since my real passion was in political philosophy. I look forward to hearing your ideas--perhaps we could formulate a neo-Victorian social structure that conforms to modern expectations? Let's make the mayors Queens and have them dress appropriately heheh.

What ho, Fellow Texan! I'm in North Texas, along tornado alley. I won't even crack an Aggie Joke. How's that for polite?

You, sir, show a kind of monumental restraint that is unheard of. I lived in South Texas for over a decade before and even while I was there, about half of the jokes were based around A&M (they're good about it on an individual basis, usually). Welcome aboard comrade!
Oniichan
Snr. Officer

greylikestorms
« Reply #696 on: April 18, 2008, 02:52:13 am »

Hi Mark, thanks for the restraint.  I know the aggies constantly set themselves up for jokes... ;-)  Though, here at least we seem to be so far removed from College Station that we may as well be Texas A&M in name only.  Excellent theatre program....

vonWolfe, from whence in South Texas do you hail?  I'm from Corpus, which... once you stay away for a few months, you actually start to miss. 
vonWolfehaus
Officer

« Reply #697 on: April 18, 2008, 08:17:45 am »

vonWolfe, from whence in South Texas do you hail?  I'm from Corpus, which... once you stay away for a few months, you actually start to miss.

Um, well, I guess I'm the exception--I'm from Corpus Christi as well (Flour Bluff area, most of the time), and when I got out of there, I never looked back. When we first arrived there (I was 7) we had a place on Padre Island, which was "interesting"... my "room" was a closet. We got a house about a year later though and that went well enough, more or less. I'm not a beach nor humidity nor heat person so that might have something to do with it as well Wink
Mich
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #698 on: April 18, 2008, 02:24:08 pm »

Hi my name's Mich, and I tend to do things back to front( meaning I've already been posting before introducing myself, but hey).
I'm fairly new to the genre, but collect BJD dolls, so had the idea for some time to have a Steampunk doll, and make a Cosplay for myself to attend a convention in, so i am adapting some Ebay goggles as we speak.
So yeah, that's it really.... Grin
Oniichan
Snr. Officer

greylikestorms
« Reply #699 on: April 18, 2008, 03:28:21 pm »

Um, well, I guess I'm the exception--I'm from Corpus Christi as well (Flour Bluff area, most of the time), and when I got out of there, I never looked back. When we first arrived there (I was 7) we had a place on Padre Island, which was "interesting"... my "room" was a closet. We got a house about a year later though and that went well enough, more or less. I'm not a beach nor humidity nor heat person so that might have something to do with it as well Wink

Crazy coincidence - my parents live on Padre Island, and I graduated from Flour Bluff in 2000.  What a small world it is... I do miss Corpus, I'm currently in Canyon, which is a bit south of Amarillo - and not to knock Amarillo, but Corpus definitely has it beat in a few areas.  I'm not much of a heat or humidity person either, but Corpus still feels like home to me for now.  Smiley 
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: