The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2019, 10:19:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 291630 times)
Drinnik Shoehorn
« Reply #525 on: February 18, 2008, 11:26:07 am »

wargames like Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Fantasy (Skaven and their pseudo-steampunk ways... gotta love 'em).

Good Sir, pray tell me which army is your choice in 40k. I am an experienced Kommisar-General with the Imperial Guard, my battle honors include total victory in the 1998 Staff Turnament (German Devision).

Tyranids. I like the timorous beasties.
Paul 8v
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #526 on: February 18, 2008, 08:32:59 pm »

Those Tyranids really are a thorn in ones side.  I hope to annihilate them with my Witch Hunters at some point in the not too distant future Mr Shoehorn.

I'm glad you finally got round to posting on here, you have taken your time old boy. Wink
Lt Cmd Lawrence Redsmith
Gunner
Serbia and Montenegro Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #527 on: February 19, 2008, 01:25:17 am »

Greetings,

I'm 22 yr. old student of Electrical Engineering (telecommunications department), residing in Belgrade, Serbia. Since first time i came into contact with steampunk (I really cannot remember well, but it was about when I have played Arcanum for the first time) I grew to like it. I'm also into roleplaying, and some tabletop wargaming (Warhammer fantasy and 40k and Warmachine).
Albrecht
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

Commanding Officer LZ-X1 Württemberg

« Reply #528 on: February 19, 2008, 10:34:51 am »

Welcome on board our floating fortress, Lt. Commander.

MechanicalMouse
Zeppelin Captain

A tall mouse with huge cogs!

« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2008, 11:19:39 am »

Hey, all.

I'm a 25 year old English Lit. graduate and, hopefully, will soon be a policeman. I'm a big geek and have liked Steampunk for ages, but not really had a chance to get into it. I play a lot of RPGs, love comics (especially Alan Moore and Batman) and wargames like Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Fantasy (Skaven and their pseudo-steampunk ways... gotta love 'em).

Nice avatar, if memory serves it is a Denizen of the plane of order from Planescape
Drinnik Shoehorn
« Reply #530 on: February 19, 2008, 12:01:50 pm »

Yeah, a modron from the plane of Mechanus. Love 'em.
KnT. Rychi
Deck Hand
United States United States

Where most men have blood, you've got cocoa.

« Reply #531 on: February 19, 2008, 06:30:50 pm »

Hello, my name is KnT. Rychi. I've been lurking for quite a while and finally decided to register on the board. But I'll probably still be lurking most of the time. Thanks to many of you I've learned quite a few things already! Nice to be officially acquainted!

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
Torchholder
Gunner

« Reply #532 on: February 19, 2008, 08:21:05 pm »

Greeting all.  I've been a fan of Steampunk since the days of Powers, Blaylock & Jeter in the earily 80s.  Been lurking on the forum now for a couple of months and have been inspired to try my hand at the more "tactical" aspect of the genre in addition to the "textural" and "aural-ocular".  Having been a member of the Science fiction community for more years than I care to count I'm happy to have found this companion community at last.  Indeed pleased to meet you all!

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -- Terry Pratchett
Luella Dobson
Snr. Officer

The Chicago Steampixie

misshistory
« Reply #533 on: February 21, 2008, 05:27:22 am »

Ahoy, I am Suitcase. I'm 17, a junior in highschool, from Chicago. Just recently discovered Steampunk as a fashion/subculture. I was very interested, and found this site.

Well, well, Mr. Murphy, seems we share a city. Cheesy

I'm a Jazzpunk.

General for the Study and Ultimate Disregard for the Laws of Universe through Strange and Ultimately Unfathomable Means
Maia
« Reply #534 on: February 21, 2008, 10:37:11 am »

Heylo all, I'm Maia, if that wasn't already obvious enough. I live in a town that hardly anybody would recognize unless you studied California gold rush, but Northern California's pretty enough. Wink

Um. I can't say I've delved too deeply into steampunk, seeing as I've only recently discovered it thanks to Mallin. I draw, sing, act, play whatever instrument I can get my hands on, all that stuff, as well as leatherwork and some (read as: amateur beginner) metal fabrication. However comma, I find just about everything I've seen concerning the matter absolutely fascinating and I plan to sink my teeth into this for a good, long while.

I'm currently working on a costume, monocle, respirator, ray gun (who hasn't made one of these?), and sketch designs for an aquarium to hold cute little Triops.
IsobelRosePA
« Reply #535 on: February 21, 2008, 10:13:40 pm »

Greetings all.  I've been lurking for some time now.  I haven't any pictures to show just yet but I believe I might by the end of the weekend.

I'm not much of a poster; I prefer to lurk but I wanted to tell you all how much inspiration I've gained so far from seeing your pictures and reading your commentary.  I've only recently stumbled across Steampunk and I felt like I had found my raison d'etre.  So many of the things I already wore, and read, and watched slipped into the slots of Steampunk like, well, for want of a better metaphor, like a perfectly-punched program card. 

Enough of my ramblings.  As I stated, I only wanted to tell you all that you look absolutely flash in your pictures and I hope to see more.  I've saved many of them as reference material.  As we speak I'm contemplating the things I'll need to get my ancient sewing machine up and running again...

**cross-posted from Playing Dress-Up in the Anatomical Forum**
Vekk
« Reply #536 on: February 22, 2008, 04:20:35 pm »

Greetings all.  I've been lurking for some time now.  I haven't any pictures to show just yet but I believe I might by the end of the weekend.

I'm not much of a poster; I prefer to lurk but I wanted to tell you all how much inspiration I've gained so far from seeing your pictures and reading your commentary.  I've only recently stumbled across Steampunk and I felt like I had found my raison d'etre.  So many of the things I already wore, and read, and watched slipped into the slots of Steampunk like, well, for want of a better metaphor, like a perfectly-punched program card. 

Enough of my ramblings.  As I stated, I only wanted to tell you all that you look absolutely flash in your pictures and I hope to see more.  I've saved many of them as reference material.  As we speak I'm contemplating the things I'll need to get my ancient sewing machine up and running again...

Welcome and greetings from another pennsylvanian!
IsobelRosePA
« Reply #537 on: February 23, 2008, 10:58:15 pm »

Thank you  Embarrassed
Lt.Mycroft
Snr. Officer

« Reply #538 on: February 24, 2008, 05:36:42 am »

Hi all Lt Mycrot stopping by to say hi, did some lurking to get a feal for the place, now to stop by and let everyone get to know me.
Well were to start......I was born some time ago and have done a few things.
Sort getting back into steampunk, back in the day I played the RPG Space 1889, like it a lot, but other things came in to the life, school and jobs. I'm getting back into this through my other hobby re-enacting I do 1630 Scotland (pike and shot) I get to play with blackpowder  Grin and I just started doing WW2 USA army airborne (I have jumped out of a plane for this group  Cheesy) and I might start Napolonic guesse what unit (hint see Icon) Big sci-fi geek, freind of Groomporter in fact we are kinda are the ones in charge. Other the the uber-geek stuff I work in retail at a woodworking store, one of my other hobbies is woodworking, married to a lovely wife and we have an english springer spanial named Harpo. I live in Minnesota.
Well that is me in a nutshell.
later

Atticus
Gunner

Steampunk Anti-Hero

« Reply #539 on: February 24, 2008, 04:08:48 pm »

Welcome to Maia, Isobel and Lt.Mycroft!

"Whoops! Forgot my goggles!"
Your Grim Reaper Has Arrived
theMadTinker
Snr. Officer

Why do they always obfuscate the screws?

« Reply #540 on: February 24, 2008, 04:36:34 pm »

Welcome and greetings from another pennsylvanian!

And another.  (Though currently getting schooled in western North Carolina, I was born and raised in west Philly)

It's not a skirt, it's a kilt; and ye ken why it's called a kilt?  Because I kilt everyone who called it a skirt.

You won't get far trying to argue semantics with an English major.

The Urban Phantasy Blog
Luella Dobson
Snr. Officer

The Chicago Steampixie

misshistory
« Reply #541 on: February 24, 2008, 06:17:05 pm »

Heylo all, I'm Maia, if that wasn't already obvious enough. I live in a town that hardly anybody would recognize unless you studied California gold rush, but Northern California's pretty enough. Wink

Um. I can't say I've delved too deeply into steampunk, seeing as I've only recently discovered it thanks to Mallin. I draw, sing, act, play whatever instrument I can get my hands on, all that stuff, as well as leatherwork and some (read as: amateur beginner) metal fabrication. However comma, I find just about everything I've seen concerning the matter absolutely fascinating and I plan to sink my teeth into this for a good, long while.

I'm currently working on a costume, monocle, respirator, ray gun (who hasn't made one of these?), and sketch designs for an aquarium to hold cute little Triops.

oh my god, Maia, avoid triops! those beasts do NOT die. unless they eat each other. you'll know if the water turns green. my sister and I had them when we were little and we had to flush the little bastards. XD
balthazarbelmonte
Gunner

myspace.com/vampiresquid

« Reply #542 on: February 26, 2008, 07:41:29 am »

I hope to someday read the mass of introductions that precede mine, but for now I am tired and slightly drunk, and I must get on to business or risk waking up with a keyboard imprinted on my face.

I am 24 years old and a bartender in Louisville, Kentucky.  I play bass in a Lovecraftian concept band called Vampire Squid.  My introduction to steampunk actually came about as the band was looking for a visual motif to add to our live performance and solidify the storyline of the concept itself.  When we discovered steampunk, we (or at least some of us) fell in love.  Anyway, I have yet to really create anything steampunk, though if my plans come to fruition you will all be treated to pictures of an incredible steampunk bass guitar mod in a few months. I look forward to becoming more active and involved in this community, as you all seem to be wonderful people.

Vampire Squid: headed to Rl'yeh the hard way since 2005.
Gibbs Marlowe
Snr. Officer

Neighborhood Occultist and Grave-Robber

« Reply #543 on: February 26, 2008, 08:58:16 am »

Good evening, all.

I've only recently come across this wonderful forum you've got here, and having lurked for a few days decided that it was high time I made my presence known.

My real name is Jason. I'm 25, married, with three beautiful children whom I'm currently corrupting in true steampunk style. Well, at least one of them. The boys are taking a bit more work than I'd hoped, especially the youngest. One year old in a week and he's not made any goggles yet? Pah! Lazy baby. My wife, Amber, is by far the most loving and understanding woman I know to put up with my "obsession of the week" personality and I'm quite lucky to have her.

I've been obsessed with steampunk for a good while, though. It started out with Victorian Sci-Fi, which led to Victorian Horror, which led to collecting miniatures and dioramas and the like. I'm a writer at heart and I had hoped a little spark would burn through a rather huge writer's block I'd been under. It didn't quite take. However, from Sci-Fi to steampunk, it wasn't a huge leap. I've always been a fan of Victorian style and bringing a more refined twist to modern things. It just suits me. I'm the type to take a pipe over a cigarette any day of the week. It's just... better!

Recently I've been bitten by the tinkerer bug, and while searching for the proper avenue to pursue it, I came across this forum. I must say, the Tactile forum is my New Mecca. I've been nothing but overly impressed by all the wonderful things you've all put your hand to, and I hope to someday (soon, hopefully) be able to toss my hat into the ring and say loudly and proudly "Look! It's crap! And I made it!" I only hope that you'll all be merciful in judgement. I'm sure you will.

I've rambled on far too long, though, and I should put an end to that.

Hoping to not disappoint-
Gibbs "Gibby" Marlowe

"If it doesn't work, well... Well, everyone loves explosions, right?" -Self
Cognitive Gear
« Reply #544 on: February 26, 2008, 06:34:27 pm »

Greetings!

To start, my name is Phillip. I have been a fan of the steampunk "genre" for many years now, although I was not aware of it's existence as a genre until about a year ago when a goth friend of mine introduced me to Abney Park. The resulting adventure in discovering that there are others like me has been quite pleasant.

I came upon this wonderful community via the all powerful, all consuming google goggle search. In the small amount of time I spend browsing this forum I quickly realized that this is a very friendly and helpful community, which is far more than can be said about the rest of the internet (The rest of it is not a truck.).

I hope that our adventures together will be filled with the rich treasures of such quality that only steampunk can bring.

Samuel Crowe
Zeppelin Captain

Order of the Watch and Rose

« Reply #545 on: February 26, 2008, 10:05:30 pm »

Greetings and Salutations...

I just saw this thread and thought, how rude of me not to properly introduce myself. I am Samuel Crowe, Adventurer of Science and Explorer of the Arcane. I enjoy hunting down the unnatural and building building new tools and devices to assist in my endeavor. I look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you in the future.

Samuel Crowe

Adventurer of Science, Explorer of the Arcane.
Morgan Van Eaton
« Reply #546 on: February 27, 2008, 05:29:15 am »

I play bass in a Lovecraftian concept band called Vampire Squid.  My introduction to steampunk actually came about as the band was looking for a visual motif to add to our live performance and solidify the storyline of the concept itself.  When we discovered steampunk, we (or at least some of us) fell in love. 

Funny, I go to introduce myself, and my shipmate has beaten me to it!  I'm one of the violinists of Vampire Squid.  We're all just getting our bearings in this crazy, steam-powered world, and still working on our concepts and accoutrements.  Our lyrics have been based in Lovecraft since long before we'd ever even heard the term steampunk, so our music is already pretty well ensconced in that world! 

We'll be touring in June around the American midwest, upper south, and northeast, so keep on the lookout for us!

~Morgan Van Eaton
Weapons Mistress of the Vampire Squid
Steam Fitz
« Reply #547 on: February 27, 2008, 09:27:10 am »

Hi, I'm Fitz. I've recently taken to steampunk, and feel much better for it! Cheesy
JoMiD Cornea
« Reply #548 on: February 27, 2008, 12:23:45 pm »

Reminds me of corporate bonding days.

Hello, my name is Jomid Cornea ... blah, blah, blah.
I am a mature "Lifeworks Imager" (photographer), adventurer and archer.

Became aware of the "Steampunk Genre" after reading 'Perdido Street Station' by China Mieville and got hooked.

Would really like to put together some Live Steampunk Roleplay adventures, a logical step forward from my days as a founding member of Treasure Trap ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Trap

In the meantime is anyone interested in participating at a photo shoot in Highgate Cemetery?

Keep well, have fun and be happy.  Smiley
Crucifixus
« Reply #549 on: February 28, 2008, 09:26:09 am »

Greetings and Salutations my fellow Steam Punk enthusiasts!  I've been reading these forums for a while now, but just recently created an account.  I am originally from (and currently residing in) Northern California, though I've spent several years on the East Cost recently.  I have the pleasure of living in an area comprised of small Victorian towns that continue to exist surrounded by deep Redwood forests, and thick rolling fog.  I am a professional Opera singer by trade, though I enjoy the crafting and creation of living art in my down time. 

This is an amazing community of phenomenal artists, incredible minds, and fun creative people, and I'm very happy to be joining in the revelry!
(or madness, whichever is to be found)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 10:13:28 am by Crucifixus » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: