The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 14, 2019, 08:46:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 293775 times)
Talefeather
Officer
United States United States

www.twitter.com/Paris1900
« Reply #500 on: February 11, 2008, 01:19:28 am »

Hello, everyone..been lurking around a bit as of late.  I'm interested in, well so many different things..I'm a bit chaotic and scattered unless I'm at work and there things are ruthlessly organized and efficient. Slowly collecting random things that truly have no place in current lifestyles, however unique and inspiring to my own. One good thing about small town, Texas is a flea market or "antique" shop around every corner.
I share my home with family and beloved pets, as I also work with other's beloved pets by day.  My husband indulges whims and odd bits and pieces around our house and in our closet.  Still trying to convince him he'd look great in a cravat and top hat.  Since it is very difficult to find other ladies and gentlemen that share similar interests, I'm glad to have found this community.  Until next time.
klaude
Deck Hand

Klaude Davenport, of the Calpurnian Davenports

« Reply #501 on: February 11, 2008, 11:52:30 am »

Hello all, longtime lurker, first time voice-finder.  By day I'm a mild mannered bookseller, by night I become an equally mild mannered craftsperson and totally-un-superstar dj.  I've found an outlet for my eccentricity in the Victorian for a wee while, and have always had a fondness for the manners, clothing and music, which has contrasted wildly sometimes to my punkish nature.  Steampunk for me has sometimes meant bustle skirt + mohawk.  I truly delight in all the creativity that's blossoming under the net of "steampunk" and felt the need to uniquely contribute, so a friend and I started up a wee radio program we call <a href="http://www.clockworkcabaret.com">the Clockwork Cabaret</a>.  We broadcast weekly a 2 hour program of music and musings (hopefully very rapidly extending to more "old timey" radio segments, but good voice actors are so hard to find on our budget of nothing!).  We're both huge music dorks so it made sense for us to try and cobble together an eclectic sound that matched with our visual aesthetic.  So far we've had huge amounts of fun putting on goggles, scarves, aviator caps and the occasional Victorian bathing costume for an "ocean" themed program, just to sit in a radio studio and press play all night.  XD 

And that'll be enough verbosity from me, I believe. 

Klaude: it's not just an act of violence, it's a little lady. 

<a href="http://www.clockworkcabaret.com">Clockwork Cabaret</a> orphans of the air with their sky pirate radio playing music of gears for steampunk ears
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #502 on: February 11, 2008, 11:56:11 am »

Hello all, longtime lurker, first time voice-finder.  By day I'm a mild mannered bookseller, by night I become an equally mild mannered craftsperson and totally-un-superstar dj.  I've found an outlet for my eccentricity in the Victorian for a wee while, and have always had a fondness for the manners, clothing and music, which has contrasted wildly sometimes to my punkish nature.  Steampunk for me has sometimes meant bustle skirt + mohawk.  I truly delight in all the creativity that's blossoming under the net of "steampunk" and felt the need to uniquely contribute, so a friend and I started up a wee radio program we call <a href="http://www.clockworkcabaret.com">the Clockwork Cabaret</a>.  We broadcast weekly a 2 hour program of music and musings (hopefully very rapidly extending to more "old timey" radio segments, but good voice actors are so hard to find on our budget of nothing!).  We're both huge music dorks so it made sense for us to try and cobble together an eclectic sound that matched with our visual aesthetic.  So far we've had huge amounts of fun putting on goggles, scarves, aviator caps and the occasional Victorian bathing costume for an "ocean" themed program, just to sit in a radio studio and press play all night.  XD 

And that'll be enough verbosity from me, I believe. 

welcome to the forum!

you might want to check out a project some of us here at the Brass Goggles forum have been trying to get up and running www.madloveandco.com its our own little radio program,eventually,of stories written and voiced by forum members. Smiley

Look forward to getting to know you!

ragingdevi
« Reply #503 on: February 11, 2008, 09:05:17 pm »

Good afternoon,

My name is Marcus, I'm 34 and live in Munich/Germany. My spiritual home is Nottingham, where I lived for 3 years, and R'lyeh. I did my Master Thesis on Lovecraft and Cthulhu and my professor told me it was the best paper he rceived in years... Iä!
I've been interested in the steampunk setting for a while now and as I mentioned elswhere in this forum, I have a Zeppelin-fetish.
My wife also enjoys the aesthetics but she's more goth.
I try to emulate the turn-of-the-century gentleman in style and behaviour and incorperate the style in my daily dress. I tend to wear suits anyway and a vest with a pocket watch always looks good Grin.

I read your master paper and it is incredible!
You, sir aren't by any remote chance interested in attending our German Brassgoggles-meeting in June in Berlin?

To all the rest of the Crew, a very warm welcome!

regards

Toji

Edited to "June".

I want to read it =(
klaude
Deck Hand

Klaude Davenport, of the Calpurnian Davenports

« Reply #504 on: February 11, 2008, 10:00:12 pm »

welcome to the forum!

you might want to check out a project some of us here at the Brass Goggles forum have been trying to get up and running www.madloveandco.com its our own little radio program,eventually,of stories written and voiced by forum members. Smiley

Best of luck with it!  Your site looks very nice.  By any chance, is the lovely lady who goes by the name of Villaintagonist from the southern US?  She looks startlingly familiar. 
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #505 on: February 12, 2008, 05:09:55 am »

welcome to the forum!

Best of luck with it!  Your site looks very nice.  By any chance, is the lovely lady who goes by the name of Villaintagonist from the southern US?  She looks startlingly familiar. 

I dont rightly know. Though she is on the forum so i bet you could ask her. and By the By i am not the creator of said project just a writer. Dr. Madlove is the creator of it Wink so all the credit is his.
Furby
« Reply #506 on: February 12, 2008, 09:06:19 pm »

Hello,

After a couple of months of lurking I've decided to join and participate. I'm 21, dutch and enjoy almost everything about the late 19th/early 20th century. I'm an Art History student planning to write my bachelor thesis soon (for anyone interested, I'm not really far into it yet, but I'm planning to go and see if Maurice Maeterlinck's play Pelleas et Melisande has had any influence on dutch symbolist painters.) Now I'm going to go read and reply in some other threads.
Vikki.planer
« Reply #507 on: February 13, 2008, 08:27:20 pm »

Hello--
I discovered Steampunk just recently. Let me clarify: I knew it existed, but didn't know it had a name. It wasn't until nosing around Second Life and the Babbage Sim that I put it all together.

I'm a Librarian in the Chicago area, and I volunteer at Info International Island for a weekly reference shift on Thursday afternoons. I'm assuming some of the members here are in SL, so if you are, stop by and say hello to me!
Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Belligerent Hairy-Bloke and Improper Philospher

« Reply #508 on: February 13, 2008, 10:01:42 pm »

A librarian? A Steampunk librarian? Calling herself Vikki?

I'm not entirely sure I understand why, but I want to see a picture!  Angry

Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com
michaelbeeman
Zeppelin Captain

Covered in bees!

« Reply #509 on: February 13, 2008, 10:05:01 pm »

A librarian? A Steampunk librarian? Calling herself Vikki?

I'm not entirely sure I understand why, but I want to see a picture!  Angry

Seconded!

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you must not be very funny."
Vikki.planer
« Reply #510 on: February 13, 2008, 10:20:56 pm »

Hey! Why's everyone yelling at me! I'll put my SL picture up when I go on break in a little bit. (RL I don't dress the part--I used to be a first generation punk though, in the late 1970s.) Yeesh! This is almost as bad as the reception I got when I joined the Chuck Palahniuk fan group!

On a kinder, gentler note, is there a library anywhere in the Babbage area? If so, I'd like to be involved. If not, how do I start one?
Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Belligerent Hairy-Bloke and Improper Philospher

« Reply #511 on: February 14, 2008, 10:53:09 am »

*Shrug* Ye're the Librarian...  Roll Eyes

¬Boilerman O'Byrne
Albrecht
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

Commanding Officer LZ-X1 Württemberg

« Reply #512 on: February 14, 2008, 04:05:21 pm »

Dear Vikki,

welcome to the forum.

Vikki.planer
« Reply #513 on: February 14, 2008, 04:56:26 pm »

Thank you for the welcome, Albrecht. I'll try to not rock the airship too much.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 05:19:50 pm by Vikki.planer » Logged
Doctor Trakov
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Admiral of the 14th Belogravian Airship Navy

« Reply #514 on: February 14, 2008, 05:47:14 pm »

Hah, I just realised I never properly introduced myself, and now I have over 300 posts.
Aaanyway, as a formal introduction, I am 15, live in Hull, England, UK, and I withhold my name because I am a paranoid.
Speranza
« Reply #515 on: February 14, 2008, 07:00:09 pm »

Hello, I am new to your lovely forum Smiley

I am from Boston and am currently pursuing a masters degree in history and museum studies in New Hampshire.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:02:27 pm by Speranza » Logged
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

~~Blast from the past~~

« Reply #516 on: February 14, 2008, 07:04:16 pm »

Welcome to the loony bin!

TAG! You're it!

*runs off*
Vikki.planer
« Reply #517 on: February 14, 2008, 07:16:17 pm »

as a formal introduction, I am 15, live in Hull, England, UK, and I withhold my name because I am a paranoid.

Doctor Trakov: are you 15, or 115 as it says in your profile? Just curious, as there are pluses and minuses in each age group.... *winks*
Lady Eleria
« Reply #518 on: February 14, 2008, 08:35:46 pm »

'Ello, My name is Eleria, and I am new to your forums. I followed Kitten Brigadier here. I must say, I have fallen in love with the Steampunk style.
I am planning to attend college soon for a degree in the Arts. And, I am a writer of fiction.  I will be lurking  Lips sealed.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:40:38 pm by Lady Eleria » Logged
Suitcase Murphy
Officer

Steamed Luggage

« Reply #519 on: February 16, 2008, 08:03:32 am »

Ahoy, I am Suitcase. I'm 17, a junior in highschool, from Chicago. Just recently discovered Steampunk as a fashion/subculture. I was very interested, and found this site.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
AlexSelus
« Reply #520 on: February 17, 2008, 12:52:20 am »

Hello!  I'm a College student in Colorado.  I've been into Steampunk for a while, and I love tinkering, so I figure i'll give this thing a shot.  Working on a halloween costume Cheesy
Drinnik Shoehorn
« Reply #521 on: February 17, 2008, 10:35:51 pm »

Hey, all.

I'm a 25 year old English Lit. graduate and, hopefully, will soon be a policeman. I'm a big geek and have liked Steampunk for ages, but not really had a chance to get into it. I play a lot of RPGs, love comics (especially Alan Moore and Batman) and wargames like Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Fantasy (Skaven and their pseudo-steampunk ways... gotta love 'em).
Aethertube
Deck Hand

« Reply #522 on: February 18, 2008, 03:21:35 am »

Hey, I'm a soon-to-be Biology student from Pennsylvania.  I've been into Steampunk for a while, but only recently learned that there was a proper word for it, so I'm kind of going a bit insane trying to take as much in as quickly as possible because HOLY CRAP there's a lot.

Now at least I feel like I'm not alone in my love of dirigibles and all things shiny brass.   Grin

"I sometimes wonder if the manufacturers of foolproof items keep a fool or two on their payroll to test things."
---Alan Coren
Brass Rabbit
« Reply #523 on: February 18, 2008, 04:15:40 am »

Hello, my name is Drana.  I have a MySpace page with all sorts of pictures. --> http://www.myspace.com/Drana

Albrecht
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

Commanding Officer LZ-X1 Württemberg

« Reply #524 on: February 18, 2008, 09:46:46 am »

wargames like Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Fantasy (Skaven and their pseudo-steampunk ways... gotta love 'em).

Good Sir, pray tell me which army is your choice in 40k. I am an experienced Kommisar-General with the Imperial Guard, my battle honors include total victory in the 1998 Staff Turnament (German Devision).
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: